Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Movies Anywhere, actually replacing UltraViolet ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movies Anywhere, actually replacing UltraViolet ?

I'm sure this has been addressed in one of the dozens of MA threads but I haven't come across it yet.

Is UV actually going away once the translations issues get resolved?

It's become such a cluster mess, especially with UHD, to know where to redeem and what version you will (or WONT) get and where (or where NOT).

I'd like to stay with Vudu but also would like to transition from these unstable Roku Ultra (series 2) over to the Apple Tv's. But then Vudu doesn't support UHD on Apple TV. Not to mention no Atmos on Apple TV among other numerous issues and variances between the boxes, iTunes / Vudu and what you get on any combination.

If UV and MA would just mirror 99% I could deal with 1% that are say Vudu only and not UV or MA.

I'm happy both Vudu and iTunes libraries both increased with the merge but there is still a "ton" of stuff that's in one place but not the other. And that's for titles that ARE UV / MA.

Re: Movies Anywhere, actually replacing UltraViolet ?

I agree. Let's hope all the issues get resolved eventually.

Comment

Almost 100% chance of this happening, just really a matter of when. And it could be a while, 1, maybe two years I would guess.

These are the main holdouts preventing MA from replacing UV:

1. Paramount, Lionsgate, and MGM are not members of MA yet (and are UV studios). Also smaller studios like HBO and Anchor Bay are not MA yet either. After each one agrees to join, it could take a matter of months for a studio like Paramount to deliver their digital assets of their library to MA. We didn't see it, but MA was being worked on behind the scenes for quite a while. Maybe up to 2 years. And that leads me to the next point:

2. Even with the participating studios, many of their titles are not MA activated yet. This is most likely due to the fact they have not delivered the digital assets to MA for those titles. These should be added slowly over time.

3. TV is not covered so far with MA. We would like to see a "TV ANYWHERE" app, but nothing has been announced yet. I am sure they have something in the works, just a matter if it is a separate app or combined with the existing.

4. Fandango will need to link into the MA retailer structure so their UV titles will port over as Vudus have.

And for bonus: 5. MA officially supporting 4k, which UV does. They have said this is in the works already.

Comment

I hope it wont go away until we have a decent way to share movies like Ultraviolet.... I have family that is linked with the service but I absolutely do not want to give them any log in information or have one credit card for all of the accounts (google and itunes does this with their sharing)

Comment

First things first they need to actually get all the MA titles to appear in the different MA services, this should have been the minimal requirement before they went live. I still have a DMA title that hasn't appeared in my MA account and after many different chats with MA customer service about Blade Runner not appearing in iTunes, which they say they are investigating, I heard back from iTunes who say "Blade Runner (The Final Cut) is not currently available in iTunes through Movies Anywhere. That was the reason why you were unable to port in over to iTunes."

Seems like there is very little communication between MA and the connected providers. Which again, should be the minimal requirement surely... What were the years of talks for?

Unfortunately I have a pretty big collection and I don't know even how to start figuring out which appear or do not appear in each respective service but I'm almost certain that none of them are the same.

However, IF these basics are sorted out. MA can be a much better service than UV, even if for no other reason than you can actually watch and download titles directly in MA, also they allow you to watch and download the movies you own when you travel internationally.

I would be happy if one day ALL of my movies and tv shows were on MA. But it needs to be ALL. So far they can't even get all of my MA titles to appear on their service let alone the connected accounts.

I really hope this all gets sorted out in my lifetime

Comment

Originally posted by Katomine View Post
            I hope it wont go away until we have a decent way to share movies like Ultraviolet.... I have family that is linked with the service but I absolutely do not want to give them any log in information or have one credit card for all of the accounts (google and itunes does this with their sharing)
            Absolutely agree, the only reason I have invested so heavily in UV/VUDU is because of the family sharing option. Without this sharing I would little interest in streaming from VUDU, MA, Google Play, Amazon or iTunes. I have a 800+ film collection on VUDU, more than some and much less than others. With daughters and nieces who live in other cities and states the ability to share my collection is paramount with me. I can understand how sharing with Google Play and iTunes can potentially be a problem for some, fortunately all my family members are responsible adults.

At this point MA has really accomplished little for me or my family sharing. Personally I don't understand why both can't co-exist as they do now. If MA eventually becomes the winner it will have to improve greatly over what exists today. At this point in time I have no interest in UHD and given all of the bugs with transfers I'm glad not to be an early adopter.

Comment

I noticed that a lot of the Recently Added movies are MA-only. This is certainly an indicator that UV will eventually end. I'm sure it will take a long time, maybe two or three years, as things in this industry tend to be SLOW.

Comment

My main concern regarding UV possibly going away is potentially losing Disc-to-Digital, Disc-and-Digital, and Walmart Instawatch.

Comment

MA is garbage compared to UV. I will certainly be purchasing fewer movies from VUDU going forward once UV goes away. Family sharing is essential for my buying habits to continue.

Comment

I believe the general consensus is that UV is being deprecated but if you are asking if there is some sort of cooperative plan for UV to roll into MA, the answer is no, they don't have anything to do with each other directly. UV is simply going away because it was already going away. Due to adding the biggest stores, MA immediately became far more relevant for the vast majority of digital movie buyers where UV was relevant for a tiny niche of us. UV is only VUDU. All the other sites (in the US) have died off, save Fandango but that isn't even a blip on the radar and most of us who have add our UV there have done it simply because we can (and for occasional price/sale option).

As for the the sharing aspect of UV on VUDU, note it never was fully there as it didn't include DMA. There is also family sharing on Google and iTunes so you have more options now than you did. Given that the UV sharing on VUDU was only ever on VUDU, I'm sure they will have a solution for MA sharing as well.

Given the incredible negotiation and work that must have gone into getting all these competing behemoth digital retailers and movie studios to go in on MA and unlock and integrate all these existing silo's of user's owned movies, I also believe it is just a matter of time until the issues are worked out with Paramount and the other studios.

I suppose it is possible (but I'd guess unlikely) sufficient funding to keep UV running could stop before all the studio issues are resolved but if that happens, you still have all those movies on VUDU so there would be little impact.

Comment

I guess I'd be okay with Movies Anywhere eventually replacing UltraViolet, but there's a lot to work out.

For one thing, I was one of those folks that made a lot of purchases at Flixster, CinemaNow, and TargetTicket in the earlier years of UV. (I bought them to watch them in the VUDU system, for sure.) I think the studio agreement needs to honor those purchases and move them into the MoviesAnywhere system.

I guess at the end of the day what I'm really saying is that Movies Anywhere must merge with Ultraviolet lockers to maintain the integrity of the catalogs.

Comment

Originally posted by theogeek_nola View Post
                        I guess I'd be okay with Movies Anywhere eventually replacing UltraViolet, but there's a lot to work out.

For one thing, I was one of those folks that made a lot of purchases at Flixster, CinemaNow, and TargetTicket in the earlier years of UV. (I bought them to watch them in the VUDU system, for sure.) I think the studio agreement needs to honor those purchases and move them into the MoviesAnywhere system.

I guess at the end of the day what I'm really saying is that Movies Anywhere must merge with Ultraviolet lockers to maintain the integrity of the catalogs.
                        If you transferred them into your VUDU, they should have already transferred into your MA account.

Comment

4. Fandango will need to link into the MA retailer structure so their UV titles will port over as Vudus have.

At least three of my FandangoNow purchases show up in Movies Anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Getcashmoney View Post
                            If you transferred them into your VUDU, they should have already transferred into your MA account.

Not necessarily. Vudu doesn't have some movies that are in the UV system, and in some cases, doesn't support UV for some movies that do have UV status. Additionally, in some cases it may have only SD copies of movies that one may have HD in UV (in which case you will only have SD for that movie in MA)

Comment

Originally posted by Getcashmoney View Post
                              How exactly does one do that? They were linked to my UV account, and they show up to watch here, but they don't go back out to MA.

Comment

Working...
                              X