Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

problem or annoying quirk???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem or annoying quirk???

after reading the forums for three days and not finding anything similar...

i have one problem with the vudu right now.
    why is it when i go to 'most watched' (top 100) there are titles that say coming soon?

how can that be?!?!?!?

IMHO...no titles listed as coming soon should ever show on this list.

Re: problem or annoying quirk???

I believe you have found a "bug", and I will report it.

Comment

What are the titles that you see on the list? If you had just set up the box, then it is likely that you don't have all the heads of those titles loaded onto your box yet. Your box will receive this information over time when it is idle so leave the remote alone for a night or two and make sure it's still plugged into your network.
      Vudu Forum Moderator

Comment

I can think of 2 reasons why this could happen:

Reason 1 - Your Vudu is not fully updated with the latest movies, so you are seeing popular titles that other folks already have on their Vudu's and you will soon have them also.

Reason 2 - Would have to do with the Beta testers, and I am not allowed to comment on such matters.

What movies are you seeing as "Coming Soon" that are on that top 100 list?

Comment

i'm @ work now...when the master lets me visit the homstead i'll get a list.

history:
          I hooked up the unit last week (xmas) and knew it would take some time to update/seed.
          so, after 3-4 days and watched the bourne titles, i thought it should have been good to go.

last night the Mrs. made the comment and i just hate when she comments on my techy toys...lol

Comment

Also, if you can get the system ID under Info and Settings - System Info, we can look up your box's status to see how it's seeding.
            Vudu Forum Moderator

Comment

ok, so i am home looking for these titles...

some i noticed are 'buy it $$$' or 'rent it on mmmdd date in the future'
              (this might have upset the wife too)

others that are plain confusing me...

title: chill out scooby-doo lists as coming soon...
              title: firefly:serenity....coming soon.
              title: lost in space: the reluctant stowaway...coming soon
              title: once ...only has rent it Jan 16 (13 days in the future)
              title: firefly:bushwacked...coming soon
              title: bring it on: in it to win it...only has 'rent it Jan31'
              title: firefly:...oh you get the idea with this series...lol

sys id: 0x364a

other info for those wondering
              software version: 1.1.2(rev18595)
              database version: 14:1429

Comment

Ok you are running the latest database and software release, however, your box only has about 88% of the heads for the movies in the database, which is why you see "coming soon". You're almost there. Another 24 hours should get you up to date.
                Vudu Forum Moderator

Comment

OK, here's something I've been wondering. I understand that without the heads there's no instant viewing, but why not allow renting/purchasing the movie with some kind of caveat that instant viewing is not yet available for this movie? I'd rather wait 5/10/20/whatever minutes for the box to download enough of the movie to start watching it then have to wait a whole day for the box to download the head of the movie I want to watch plus all the others I'm not interested in at the moment.

Or, at a minimum prioritize the heads for the movies I've added to my wish list.

-John
                  John - 0x36d3
                  "If at first you don't succeed... So much for skydiving." - Henry Youngman
                  Pleas support me in Tour de Cure: [url]http://main.diabetes.org/goto/John.Reddersen[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterfood View Post
                    ....snip... Or, at a minimum prioritize the heads for the movies I've added to my wish list.

-John
                    That's a great suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnA View Post
                      Ok you are running the latest database and software release, however, your box only has about 88% of the heads for the movies in the database, which is why you see "coming soon". You're almost there. Another 24 hours should get you up to date.
                      do you know how long a stale box should take to get up-to-date???

mines been online for a week and is only 88%...seems kind long.

might get a lot of complaints about this in the future if vudu catches on big time. might look to fast track on-boarding of fresh boxes.

priority of wish list items (this is prolly only an issue for fresh boxes) would be great.

Comment

Left untouched (i.e. hide the remote and don't even think about your Vudu), it takes 2~3 days to update a box that has gone stale on the shelf in the warehouse. If you are renting movies, browsing the menus, performing detailed audits of the top 100, etc... it can take much longer to get your box up to speed. After it is current, it will stay that way as long as you keep it connected to the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Nded View Post
                          Left untouched (i.e. hide the remote and don't even think about your Vudu), it takes 2~3 days to update a box that has gone stale on the shelf in the warehouse. If you are renting movies, browsing the menus, performing detailed audits of the top 100, etc... it can take much longer to get your box up to speed. After it is current, it will stay that way as long as you keep it connected to the internet.
                          i think this is way too low for what i've been through...

170 hrs online (just over 7 full days. 24hrs/day)
                          4 movies (7.5 to 8 hrs viewing)
                          1-2 hrs auditing the titles.

means about 160hrs online and idle and still only at 88%....

this will not be acceptable by the masses.

maybe a power d/l session to get it faster???

Comment

The first update is the largest. With all the changes: ie - TV, Bourne flicks, etc. it's pretty much a fairly large update. After this it "should" go faster! I'm hoping there are some options soon that will increase update speeds.

Comment

When the "free" Bourne titles stop being automatically downloaded that will get rid of about 8GB of data transfer. That will make a big difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X