Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Allow us to delete our Payment information from the website.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allow us to delete our Payment information from the website.

Seriously, this has been needed for a long time. I don't want my payment information tied to the account where I can't delete it and I can't even set a pin to keep the family from ordering or renting movies without asking. Can't even enter a dummy Credit Card just to have it auto-decline.

And having us set a pin on a single device doesn't help much when we have it on multiple devices and we have to set it on each one and we CAN'T set one up for the computer itself.

Seriously, I shouldn't have to go through your phone service after every time I order a movie just to remove my credit card information or risk a child or other family renting stuff and telling me afterward promising to repay me later.

GIVE ME THE OPTION TO DELETE MY PAYMENT INFORMATION IN THE WEBSITE. SERIOUSLY! This is beyond stupid that this glaring issue hasn't been fixed yet, I know this has been brought up repeatedly at this point.

This wouldn't even be near as major issue if you could let us go exclusively off Walmart Gift Cards but even using them, I am required to enter a valid credit card to even use your Disc to Digital service.

I like the service, but I would rather not be forced to use it exclusively for adding codes I get from purchasing physical copies only just to avoid entering my credit card for fear a 9 year old, a 14 year old, a 60 year old, or my step sister will order stuff without asking or realizing it.

Comment

Just had a family member rent a movie we already have access to the physical disc to without asking me because my payment method was already entered and they said they would pay me back.

Comment

Have you tried using Paypal to pay? You could set up Paypal as your default payment, and then after you buy something you can cancel Vudu as an approved automatic payment on this page: https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/autopay/

I haven't tried it myself, but it might work, unless Vudu does something annoying like saving your last credit card and reverting to that if Paypal doesn't go through. I do agree Vudu should fix this, but if that worked it'd be easier than calling each time.

Comment

Perhaps you shouldn't allow everyone and their dog access to your account.

Comment

Originally posted by Navigator View Post
            Have you tried using Paypal to pay? You could set up Paypal as your default payment, and then after you buy something you can cancel Vudu as an approved automatic payment on this page: https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/autopay/

I haven't tried it myself, but it might work, unless Vudu does something annoying like saving your last credit card and reverting to that if Paypal doesn't go through. I do agree Vudu should fix this, but if that worked it'd be easier than calling each time.
            It requires your credit card for verification purposes when you use Digital to Disc. I had $6 movie credit and a $10 Walmart Gift Card stored onto my account and it still required my credit card.

And in the past I have added multiple discs through code, multiple discs in the past using the digital to disc process and purchases some outright through them, but every time you try and convert your discs to digital it requires you reenter your credit card, even if it isn't using it at all.

Then if someone decides to purchase something, it will first your your vudu credit, then use your Walmart Gift Card balance, and then put the rest onto your credit card.

But it won't prompt them to enter a pin to verify it is you to authorize the purchase and they know parents will be letting kids use this service or their older parents who are still learning how to use it.

The funny part is it isn't the kids who keep purchasing stuff. My father did once while browsing it while still learning it and then my sister because my payment method was already on it and she figured she could just pay me back later.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxitodd View Post
              Perhaps you shouldn't allow everyone and their dog access to your account.
              My nephews who live next door to me who spend more time at my house than theirs, my father who is fresh out of surgery and will have trouble moving for months, and my nephews mother isn't everyone and their dog.

And none of this would matter if they would either give us the ability to remove our payment methods or at least setup a purchase pin to be account wide instead of just device specific and doesn't work at all from the website.

And been slowly adding the old disc collection to the vudu account, still have several hundred movies to go and doing it slowly as we are actually trying to watch them, Shouldn't have to put in the card, convert the movie, and then wait 30 minutes on the phone to get it removed.

Should be either to able input a PIN so only someone with my PIN can purchase on my account or the ability to remove the purchase information instead.

Are you really suggesting that I don't allow my family to even use my TVs or computers at my house or watch movies we added to my vudu account specifically for them?

Comment

Understand the frustration but there's always options, like some have mentioned above.

Personally if this was an issue for me (which it isn't) I would:

Use the one time use virtual credit card number (tied to your physical card) many credit card companies let you use, and set the value to zero or $1.
                Use a credit card you don't use for anything else. Many allow you the option to "pause" or "turn-off" purchase ability.
                Use a gift credit card, and only load it with $1 just to activate it.

Make any of those your payment method would hopefully work.

Again, not ideal but it's a workaround option.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
                  Understand the frustration but there's always options, like some have mentioned above.

Personally if this was an issue for me (which it isn't) I would:

Use the one time use virtual credit card number (tied to your physical card) many credit card companies let you use, and set the value to zero or $1.
                  Use a credit card you don't use for anything else. Many allow you the option to "pause" or "turn-off" purchase ability.
                  Use a gift credit card, and only load it with $1 just to activate it.

Make any of those your payment method would hopefully work.

Again, not ideal but it's a workaround option.
                  Didn't know about a one time virtual credit card number. I actually don't have an official Credit Card, I have a Visa Debt Card through my bank that I use. Will have to look into that.

Before, I had a gift credit card on it for a long time which worked just fine till I eventually wanted to purchase something on it and didn't want to bother going to purchase a gift card. Now that old card doesn't work anymore to re-enter it.

I wouldn't even bother using my card at all if it weren't for the fact that you have to have one to use their Disc to Digital service to verify and me and my dad have several hundred movies that has been collected over the years and I have been adding them slowly as we go to watch them again. I don't even have a Dvd/Blu-Ray player anymore and use 3 Roku's around the house instead for movies on the home system which I can set a PIN on, but that doesn't do crap for the two desktops.

Tried to use a generated credit card that would auto-decline online, but they check them to make sure as well.

You would think that after all the movies we purchased, all the disc to digital stuff we have done, and all the codes we have entered after all this time, my account information should be pretty well verified at this point.

I know this has to have been suggested multiple times by now. This should be fairly trivial to implement I would think since Walmart, Amazon, Newegg, Bestbuy and even HumbleBundle have this figured out by now and Vudu is owned by Walmart I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Navigator View Post

I tried this myself and it worked. Paypal works for buying disc to digital and anything else, and it's easy enough to cancel Vudu as an approved payment on Paypal. After I canceled it, I could no longer make purchases through any app. And adding Paypal back in through the website is easy enough.

I guess when Fugus quoted me and said a credit card is required that they hadn't even bothered trying my suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                    X