Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

UltraViolet FAQ's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UltraViolet FAQ's

Hi,

Question 3, I'm a bit confused, maybe you can clarify for me.

I have an Ultraviolet account and I have my siblings added into my account as members (total of 6 max), they sign in with their own id and pw. Does VUDU consider all of us in that account as 1 account and only 2 of us can link a VUDU account or each member in the account can link a VUDU account of their own, like Flixster?

That be great if each of us can have a VUDU account that can link to 1 Ultraviolet account like flixster since we're allowed to have 5 other members of the family included into the account. As time goes by we would all have our own place and we can all share 1 library. I understand not all movies will be in UV and some, we can only view in our own VUDU collections but It's still a good deal in my opinion.

I give much thanks to VUDU with disc to digital. I believe this move would make VUDU a household must have in your home, specially that majority of americans buy VUDU enabled devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Howie View Post
      Considering Warner Brothers is a partner company, will there be an option to transfer my digital copies from their Warner Brothers Digital Copy Manager to Vudu/UltraViolet?
      That is what I am wondering. I purchased too many warner movies that were wmv digital copies that are basically useless now. On my iphone 4s the WB dcm app crashes every time. Warner would not fix it after I complained for months then they shut down support for the app.

Comment

Originally posted by iwubuv View Post
        Hi,

Question 3, I'm a bit confused, maybe you can clarify for me.

I have an Ultraviolet account and I have my siblings added into my account as members (total of 6 max), they sign in with their own id and pw. Does VUDU consider all of us in that account as 1 account and only 2 of us can link a VUDU account or each member in the account can link a VUDU account of their own, like Flixster?

That be great if each of us can have a VUDU account that can link to 1 Ultraviolet account like flixster since we're allowed to have 5 other members of the family included into the account. As time goes by we would all have our own place and we can all share 1 library. I understand not all movies will be in UV and some, we can only view in our own VUDU collections but It's still a good deal in my opinion.

I give much thanks to VUDU with disc to digital. I believe this move would make VUDU a household must have in your home, specially that majority of americans buy VUDU enabled devices.
        Currently, you can link 2 VUDU accounts to 1 UV account.

Comment

I have a few questions.

1. If I were to get a standard conversion on DVDs (I don't have the ability right now to watch HDX upgrades) can I convert them now for $2 then upgrade them at a later date for the difference ($3) once I have the capability to watch them? And can I do that online instead of having to go back to Walmart?

2. Any plans on Disc to Digital in regards to TV shows? I have quite a few TV show DVDs that I would like to convert at some point...

Thanks!

Comment

If I could, I'd like to make a suggestion to the Disk-to-Digital front site. Once you click on it you do see all the available actions you can take, looking up movies, adding them in. Works well and good format.

However, and maybe I just missed this but no where on the front page does it say you have to take you physical disk that you already own to a Walmart store. I had to dig through the forums and see other posts about the "adventure" they had getting their stuff converted.

the current steps are...
            Step 1: Create a Movie List (doesn't say you have to own them)
            Step 2: For faster service, print this list (sounds like this is kinda optional)
            Step 3: Take your list to the photocenter at your local Walmart (still doesn't say to take your movies you own)

perhaps whomever was creating the site might have left that out or thought it was just implied that you would have to do that.

The only reason I point this out is because I'm extremely excited about this program. I've been waiting for so long for the day to come when something like this was available! Now it is but we all are timid about buying into this and then it failing. Quality = Stability in so many people minds. And when I see something as simple as a failure in relaying the steps to the customer to use the service they are trying to promote, kinda feel less inclined to jump right into this.

Comment

Why is it that when I redeem an ultraviolet movie, that it only shows up as SD in Vudu?

I bought Mission Impossible:Ghost Protocol on Bluray. With it comes the UltraViolet redemption. When I redeem it, I can watch it in HD streaming on the paramount site. But when I go to Vudu with my UV account linked to it, I only get the SD version. Is this a glitch / bug or is this working as designed?

If this is working as it should than this stinks because I pay for a HD bluray movie but can't follow through with a HD streaming with this program. I would be better off not getting the bluray with the streaming for less money (some offer this), then take the bluray to walmart and for $2 get the HD streaming version added. If this is the case I would request that vudu and UV rethink this so that physical HD disk purchases provide HDX streaming.

If this is a bug or glitch, will it be fixed? if so will everything added before the correction be switched to HDX or will only movies going forward be HDX?

Comment

Originally posted by droidzombie View Post
                If I could, I'd like to make a suggestion to the Disk-to-Digital front site. Once you click on it you do see all the available actions you can take, looking up movies, adding them in. Works well and good format.

However, and maybe I just missed this but no where on the front page does it say you have to take you physical disk that you already own to a Walmart store. I had to dig through the forums and see other posts about the "adventure" they had getting their stuff converted.

the current steps are...
                Step 1: Create a Movie List (doesn't say you have to own them)
                Step 2: For faster service, print this list (sounds like this is kinda optional)
                Step 3: Take your list to the photocenter at your local Walmart (still doesn't say to take your movies you own)

perhaps whomever was creating the site might have left that out or thought it was just implied that you would have to do that.

The only reason I point this out is because I'm extremely excited about this program. I've been waiting for so long for the day to come when something like this was available! Now it is but we all are timid about buying into this and then it failing. Quality = Stability in so many people minds. And when I see something as simple as a failure in relaying the steps to the customer to use the service they are trying to promote, kinda feel less inclined to jump right into this.

so where it says step 3) Take your printed movie list and DVDs to a Walmart photocenter <--- doesn't say take your DVDs cause from what I read it says take your DVDs

Comment

Why is it that when I redeem an ultraviolet movie, that it only shows up as SD in Vudu?

I bought Mission Impossible:Ghost Protocol on Bluray. With it comes the UltraViolet redemption. When I redeem it, I can watch it in HD streaming on the paramount site. But when I go to Vudu with my UV account linked to it, I only get the SD version. Is this a glitch / bug or is this working as designed?

If this is working as it should than this stinks because I pay for a HD bluray movie but can't follow through with a HD streaming with this program. I would be better off not getting the bluray with the streaming for less money (some offer this), then take the bluray to walmart and for $2 get the HD streaming version added. If this is the case I would request that vudu and UV rethink this so that physical HD disk purchases provide HDX streaming.

If this is a bug or glitch, will it be fixed? if so will everything added before the correction be switched to HDX or will only movies going forward be HDX?
                  See this post. After I did this, I now have 2 versions, the SD and the HDX versions.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLV702 View Post
                    so where it says step 3) Take your printed movie list and DVDs to a Walmart photocenter <--- doesn't say take your DVDs cause from what I read it says take your DVDs
                    perhaps this is on a different page that I'm not seeing. I'm looking at the following page http://www.vudu.com/disc_to_digital.html still don't see to take your physical disk. I know personally now, yes need to have that disk with you. Just making an observation from when I first started looking at all this and had to do some digging to understand the full picture.

again, I may be missing a full page where its spelled out pretty clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
                      See this post. After I did this, I now have 2 versions, the SD and the HDX versions.

Sweet ty for this. I'll try it out and hopefully will work with MI: - however, I still have this issue with other moves such as Hangover II. I have all the right accounts linked but it still shows as SD. Maybe I need to break the association and then bring it back again.

good to know that the sequence matters though.

Comment

Sweet ty for this. I'll try it out and hopefully will work with MI: - however, I still have this issue with other moves such as Hangover II. I have all the right accounts linked but it still shows as SD. Maybe I need to break the association and then bring it back again.

good to know that the sequence matters though.
                        Hangover II is from WB. WB and Universal always give you an SD version for UV digital copies imported into Vudu. Sony and Paramount almost always give you a HDX version.

Comment

Originally posted by sbuberl View Post
                          Hangover II is from WB. WB and Universal always give you an SD version for UV digital copies imported into Vudu. Sony and Paramount almost always give you a HDX version.
                          True, I just did the UV for Men In Black II and I got the HDX version since it's a Sony title.

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
                            OK, what are the steps to take to get HDX copy first and no second SD copy. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by E55KEV View Post
                              OK, what are the steps to take to get HDX copy first and no second SD copy. Thanks.
                              The only reason I got the SD copy first is because I incorrectly did the UV copy using the code on the insert at the UV website instead of the Paramount website. You don't need both because once you have the HDX Vudu version, you can watch the SD version on iPad, PC, etc. Just use the code at the Paramount website and register and then link to the UV site and all should be well.

Comment

Originally posted by sbuberl View Post

Ok thank you! this makes sense.

However I did get the MI: ghost protocol on bluray, redeemed the UV, looked in my vudu list and it's SD. So even when you have something like paramount that does supply the HD digital format, its not always honored through vudu . In other words "right out of the box" i got SD. Perhaps MI is an exception.

In the end this is something I was afraid of. If this is the case I would much rather spend less money (if available to) and not get the extra stuff such as a digital streaming copy out of a purchased bluray. I'd much rather buy the cheepy $14 one and then pay $2 to get the HDX digital copy pushed to my vudu account.

I don't like that a purchased bluray is not honored with a HD digital copy regardless of the distributor.

Comment

Working...
                                X