Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

SO Frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO Frustrated

I am hoping that a moderator or VUDU engineer will see this post because I have become extremely frustrated with trying to complete the Disc-to-Digital process. I have called FIVE stores in the Sacramento area...the Florin, West Sacramento, El Camino, Elk Grove and the Truxel Rd location and NONE of them knew how to complete the process. The answer was always "the person who knows how to do it isn't here. You should call back later." The one person that knew about it couldn't answer a few questions like "how long does it take, how many movies can I bring in? - I have 185 that I want to convert, or what store personnel have been trained?

This program was announced over a month ago...how has there been no preparedness in a major market area? I can understand one or two stores but FIVE not knowing how to do the process is insane! There should be a way to mail in our movies, have Wal*Mart/Vudu process the conversions and mail the discs back. At this rate I might just have to wait for a rival version of this service to show itself because I am losing faith that Wal*Mart will not get its act together to get this process off the ground. I miss the days when Vudu was an independent company...

Any suggestions on how to get my conversions done would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Joseph Bergen

Re: SO Frustrated

Originally posted by Joseph Bergen View Post
    I am hoping that a moderator or VUDU engineer will see this post because I have become extremely frustrated with trying to complete the Disc-to-Digital process. I have called FIVE stores in the Sacramento area...the Florin, West Sacramento, El Camino, Elk Grove and the Truxel Rd location and NONE of them knew how to complete the process. The answer was always "the person who knows how to do it isn't here. You should call back later." The one person that knew about it couldn't answer a few questions like "how long does it take, how many movies can I bring in? - I have 185 that I want to convert, or what store personnel have been trained?

This program was announced over a month ago...how has there been no preparedness in a major market area? I can understand one or two stores but FIVE not knowing how to do the process is insane! There should be a way to mail in our movies, have Wal*Mart/Vudu process the conversions and mail the discs back. At this rate I might just have to wait for a rival version of this service to show itself because I am losing faith that Wal*Mart will not get its act together to get this process off the ground. I miss the days when Vudu was an independent company...

Any suggestions on how to get my conversions done would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Joseph Bergen

Hi there,

I did 5 movies to try the disc to digital at the WallMart in Elk grove blvd. I went to the Photo Center all the way back in the store.

The sales associate that helped me has never done it before, therefor I was her first but I wasn't the first person who have done disc to digital there she said. So, I'm 100% sure you can do it there. They have a white binder of instruction on how to do the disc to digital process.

First thing I did was printed a list from the VUDU website of the movies that I was able to convert to digital then I selected If I want it in SD or HD.
    Then I printed the list and the list consist of the titles that are being converted to SD to SD and SD to HD and the total amount.

So you will need that list and the DVD/Blu-ray to make this process.

So, I went to the Photo Center, I told her I want to convert this to digital. Then, she asked me If I have a VUDU account, and I do. So then I gave her my email that I used for my VUDU account. Then filled out a paper pretty much like the list I printed out from the VUDU website for verification process.

Then, she did the rest, The whole process took like less than 10minutes. So It varies how long it would take on how much you are converting and how fast the sales associate work. I had an old lady but she was like a pro who been there for years. I payed and It was all done.

I believe anyone who's working in the photo center should be able to help you. They have a binder, a typed instruction of the process, I've seen it because she was reading it in front of my face. Anyone behind that counter should be able to. Just make sure you give them the right email and double check every process just incase of mishaps.

Also, the website said this process is done in the Photo Center section. So it's their job to do it.

I went home, looked into my VUDU account and all 5 movies was there.

I hope this works for you.

Comment

I appreciate the response. I will load up maybe 20-25 movies and test them out. I'm hoping for the best. Hopefully the process is as painless as yours was.

Comment

Originally posted by iwubuv View Post
        Then I printed the list and the list consist of the titles that are being converted to SD to SD and SD to HD and the total amount.

So you will need that list and the DVD/Blu-ray to make this process.

Then filled out a paper pretty much like the list I printed out from the VUDU website for verification process.
        3rd times a charm. After 2 fail attempts I was able to get this done. I too was the first person to do this at the store.

However, I think this part, which you discuss above, is silly and redundant. Why print off a copy from home if you have to rewrite the same list by hand in the store? Vudu Disc To Digital "My Movie List" says "For faster service, print this list", however, the list has to be hand written again in-store? How is that faster if I or the salesperson has to rewrite the list. They gave my home printed list back to me.

Comment

Originally posted by E55KEV View Post
          3rd times a charm. After 2 fail attempts I was able to get this done. I too was the first person to do this at the store.

However, I think this part, which you discuss above, is silly and redundant. Why print off a copy from home if you have to rewrite the same list by hand in the store? Vudu Disc To Digital "My Movie List" says "For faster service, print this list", however, the list has to be hand written again in-store? How is that faster if I or the salesperson has to rewrite the list. They gave my home printed list back to me.

I went yesterday and didn't have to rewrite/handwrite anything.....

Comment

I've been in twice now to Walmart and they thanked me for printing it out at home from the Vudu site so they wouldn't have to write it out at the store. It's been pretty fast both times where the longest time is stamping the disks themselves. There must be something pretty wrong with those store employee(s) if they write out the list when they don't need to?

Comment

I did 23 movies yesterday and when the girl went to look up my account, the entire list appeared as pending. I had my movies entered in alphabetically on the site and the movie boxes were also arranged alphabetically in the bags I brought. She was stumped as she usually has to scan everything, she said. All she had to do was verify that I had all of the movies and stamp them. They had ink problems with the stamp, the inner ink might have been clogged. That took a while to figure out, but once that was done I paid and waited for my email receipt, after confirmation, I left. The ink problem took maybe 5-10 minutes to resolve, they first went and grabbed an ink pad, then it was apparent that ink was inside the stamp, finally a younger gentleman pressed and spun the stamp on paper trying to spread what ink came out onto the stamp. Once it worked, everything went quickly, with the photo manager eager to learn the procedure. Having everything entered on the site and having the printed list made everything quicker/easier.

Comment

I don't think that the Disk to Digital is "spreading like wildfire" as I was the first person to do this on the first day it came out (4/16/12). When I went back for another 3 (11 days later), I asked the lady at the Walmart Photo Center how many others have come to get this done and she said only one other besides me.

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
                  I don't think that the Disk to Digital is "spreading like wildfire" as I was the first person to do this on the first day it came out (4/16/12).
                  Sadly, I agree. I have no statistics but this seems to be big mainly with current VUDU customers and the average Walmart patron may not have VUDU or are aware if it.

Comment

Few days behind on this (And new member here too). I've been rather impressed with the "Cloud" theory because I'm a firefighter and wanted to make sure I could watch my movies at work in the evening.

I wanted to call the local store first to see if it was available. The first store I called attempted to send me back to electronics five or six times and finally asked me to call back. I asked politely for a manager because I figured it was a simple question... the response I received was, "Vudu what? We don't offer a service like that" ... I then explained what it was and she told me they never have and never will offer a service like that. Called a second store and spoke with someone in electronics who was confused, but figured it out after a moment and advised me that all of my local stores have it.

When I went into my store, the Walmart tech said the person in the photo processing center was out for an emergency and no one could do it. One of the other techs figured he could do it though and off we went. Granted, the experience turned into 20 minutes (For two movies) of having no clue what to do. In fact, I helped him... he thought he was making a copy of the movie from one disc to another... I explained the "Cloud" to him. It was like a lightbulb went off... he was amazed because he said he too had a large collection at home that he would like to have in the cloud to access. The theory is really good surrounding UltraViolet digital copies. Unfortunately, the execution at the store level is not going to well. Most likely a fault of Walmart and their poor training that they provided.

If they want this to take off, they have to break the service down for idiots (Sorry, I'm in that group too!) ... and they need to reach out to other companies like Best Buy, HHGregg, or Target who have employees with more "technical" know how...

Either way, I'm impressed with the service. I enjoyed knowing that I could stream my movies on my bluray player, Xbox 360, Iphone, Ipad, and computer. My only problem has been that one of my movies (Green Lantern) is showing up as "SD" when it is a bluray movie... I would think it would show up as HD, right?

Comment

I have uploaded 20 or so. The biggest problem I have is the movies I can't upload. It's very frustrating that studios are on board with Ultaviolet/VUDU but titles are still not available for DTD. VUDU sells them to you but you can't use DTD if you all ready own them. I have a list of 20 titles that VUDU will sell but not allow on DTD. Jurassic Park Trilogy and National Treasure 1&2 for example. 3D titles have the same problem. Put 3D in the search block and you will see what I mean.

This may be growing pains. I hope that is all it is. VUDU is the first to allow uploading to enable consumers to manage their movies collections online. It's a good service. A great service would be to manage all of your titles. VUDU has an opportunity to be the leader in the segment if they do not falter in delivering what the consumer wants. All movies in their collection available regardless of the source.

Comment

Originally posted by Keirtt View Post
                        Few days behind on this (And new member here too). I've been rather impressed with the "Cloud" theory because I'm a firefighter and wanted to make sure I could watch my movies at work in the evening.

I wanted to call the local store first to see if it was available. The first store I called attempted to send me back to electronics five or six times and finally asked me to call back. I asked politely for a manager because I figured it was a simple question... the response I received was, "Vudu what? We don't offer a service like that" ... I then explained what it was and she told me they never have and never will offer a service like that. Called a second store and spoke with someone in electronics who was confused, but figured it out after a moment and advised me that all of my local stores have it.

When I went into my store, the Walmart tech said the person in the photo processing center was out for an emergency and no one could do it. One of the other techs figured he could do it though and off we went. Granted, the experience turned into 20 minutes (For two movies) of having no clue what to do. In fact, I helped him... he thought he was making a copy of the movie from one disc to another... I explained the "Cloud" to him. It was like a lightbulb went off... he was amazed because he said he too had a large collection at home that he would like to have in the cloud to access. The theory is really good surrounding UltraViolet digital copies. Unfortunately, the execution at the store level is not going to well. Most likely a fault of Walmart and their poor training that they provided.

If they want this to take off, they have to break the service down for idiots (Sorry, I'm in that group too!) ... and they need to reach out to other companies like Best Buy, HHGregg, or Target who have employees with more "technical" know how...

Either way, I'm impressed with the service. I enjoyed knowing that I could stream my movies on my bluray player, Xbox 360, Iphone, Ipad, and computer. My only problem has been that one of my movies (Green Lantern) is showing up as "SD" when it is a bluray movie... I would think it would show up as HD, right?
                        Currently, Warner and Universal are only giving SD access to Blu-ray UV copy pack ins while Sony and Paramount give HD versions. Hope they get their act together.

Comment

Hi again, Im back.

It's good I can sort of help.

Everytime I go to WallMart near my house I bring in about 2-10 movies to convert to Digital. I figured that If I go multiple times that eventually every associate that works beind the counter of PhotoCenter would have expeirienced, how to do Disc to Digital. So, It would be easy and pleasant experience for future D2D customers.

It's true, The process was a bit rough in the beginning but almost a month since D2D came out and things are beginning to be alot smoother.

The Sales Associates in the PhotoCenter in WallMart near my house are getting the hang of things. At first, I had to fill out a paper that looked like the one I just printed out and now they just take the paper I printed out staple it with the other paper where they put the sticker on.

Also, they take the paper I printed out for my account information instead of asking me for my email and number where their could be a miscommunication.

So overall things are looking up.

Comment

Yea, it was like that to me in my First three visits but after that they just take the list i printed out and staple it on the back of that paper where they put the sticker on. lol

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
                              I don't think that the Disk to Digital is "spreading like wildfire" as I was the first person to do this on the first day it came out (4/16/12). When I went back for another 3 (11 days later), I asked the lady at the Walmart Photo Center how many others have come to get this done and she said only one other besides me.

Spreading like wildfire, Sorta. I figured out this much. Digital Movies is best for people who has internet access to their TV with VUDU app on it and likes to own movies.

Now, alot of people I would say 1 out of 10 only likes to own movies and alot of times their TV is not internet enabled and If it is, does it have VUDU app on it?

No point doing D2D If consumers can't view their collection on their TV where they play their movies.

I believe the right strategy should be in placed.

Focus on the consumers where VUDU app is accessible. Like XBOX360 online community, Playstation 3 community and other HDTV VUDU enabled TV. Make an advertisement about it before the movie starts in the theaters. Promote the product.

My younger sister had all the tools to use VUDU but she didn't know about it until I told her about it and she was surprised. As long as you have VUDU in your TV that's all it matters because it seems like everyone has wireless internet nowadays.

Check out VUDU's facebook, there are alot of people using VUDU.
                              Also, the stocks for VUDU has surpassed Amazons instant video. So in time I'm pulling for VUDU to be the number 1 digital movie provider.

Comment

Working...
                              X