atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Empty "My Movie List"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Empty "My Movie List"

    I can't add anything to "My Movie List" since last Monday. If I try to add a movie that I've already tried before it says "Error <movie> is already addded.", but the list is empty. It also doesn't allow me to print the list.

    Anyone else seeing this problem?

    Thank you!

    #2
    Re: Empty &quot;My Movie List&quot;

    My entire list is empty as well and i put in 62 movies and printed the list to pdf last week.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Empty &quot;My Movie List&quot;

      Previously posted this:
      Just got off the phone with customer care. Apparently there is a bug that if you have a movie in your list and that movie gets pulled for the program then your whole lists gets wiped out. But your list is still visible to them and Walmart. They are working on my list today.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Empty &quot;My Movie List&quot;

        there must be some technical issue which is blocking this to show up in your movie list . .just recheck the whole!

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Empty &quot;My Movie List&quot;

          I know this is an old topic but i'm having the same problem! Support tickets and calls have done nothing yet.

          Besides this topic, here are all the others on the same or similar topic:
          https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...st-not-working
          https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...o-Digital-List
          https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...ist-wont-print
          https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...-to-Print-List

          And that is just with a quick search. I'm sure there are many more.

          It is driving me crazy. Can anyone look into my issue for me? My latest reference number is: 140210-000224

          Thank you.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Empty &quot;My Movie List&quot;

            Originally posted by mackn View Post
            I know this is an old topic but i'm having the same problem! Support tickets and calls have done nothing yet.

            Besides this topic, here are all the others on the same or similar topic:
            https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...st-not-working
            https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...o-Digital-List
            https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...ist-wont-print
            https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...-to-Print-List

            And that is just with a quick search. I'm sure there are many more.

            It is driving me crazy. Can anyone look into my issue for me? My latest reference number is: 140210-000224

            Thank you.

            I just took a look and we had to clear out your cart completely. You should be able to build and modify your list as you please. If you have any questions, please let me know.
            Dan H.
            VUDU QA

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Empty &quot;My Movie List&quot;

              Originally posted by DanielH View Post
              I just took a look and we had to clear out your cart completely. You should be able to build and modify your list as you please. If you have any questions, please let me know.
              Thank you so much for such a super fast reply. I was able to re-add Puss in Boots. But unfortunately, it's still not showing. I wonder if something may just be screwy with my account.

              Thank you again.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Empty &quot;My Movie List&quot;

                Originally posted by mackn View Post
                Thank you so much for such a super fast reply. I was able to re-add Puss in Boots. But unfortunately, it's still not showing. I wonder if something may just be screwy with my account.

                Thank you again.
                I do see it added to your list. Give it another try for me if you don't mind.
                Dan H.
                VUDU QA

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Empty &quot;My Movie List&quot;

                  Originally posted by DanielH View Post
                  I do see it added to your list. Give it another try for me if you don't mind.
                  Thank you. I refreshed the page and it is still empty. When I try to re-add Puss in Boots, it says, "Puss in Boots is already added."

                  When I called a while back he said something about there being two cards. A Wallmart cart and a Vudu cart and that some sort of crossover was the problem. He said they would clear both carts or caches and that should work but I don't know if that ever happened. Not sure if that helps you or not but I think that is what I remember about what he said. It's been a while, though, so I can't be sure.

                  Thank you again!

                  -edit-
                  Also, I'm unable to use the "Print List" or "Store Finder" buttons. When I click them, nothing happens at all. I'm not sure if that helps but I thought it might give a clue as to what the problem might be. Thanks again.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Empty &quot;My Movie List&quot;

                    You appear to have the same problem as I do. I can't add or print movies on the list because it's blank all the time. I have a support ticket but it has been there since last summer and hasn't been corrected yet.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Empty &quot;My Movie List&quot;

                      I had a short-lived thread on this a few months ago, no response from VUDU so I let it die off.

                      I recently tried reporting it again through the support email link and a ticket was opened. The initial response from Andrew was:

                      "We are showing that there are no pending movies. Everything is showing as purchased.
                      Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Feel free to contact us by the information below. Thank you and have a wonderful day!"


                      I then responded and attempted to submit a screen shot of the issue which they could not view (I most likely did something wrong trying to add the attachment, they said they needed jpegs). The final response I got from Jerryn was:

                      "Also the list feature on the disc to digtial program was recently eliminated when we unleashed the at home software. There would be no way to print a list , as walmart just requires you to take the physical discs into the store for the in store conversion!"

                      Again, I just gave up and did not bother continuing the back and forth with support since the problem was not being recognized. I would have loved for someone who understood the issue to get my list cleared so I can rebuild it again.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Empty &quot;My Movie List&quot;

                        Originally posted by Iggy77 View Post
                        I had a short-lived thread on this a few months ago, no response from VUDU so I let it die off.

                        I recently tried reporting it again through the support email link and a ticket was opened. The initial response from Andrew was:

                        "We are showing that there are no pending movies. Everything is showing as purchased.
                        Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you. Feel free to contact us by the information below. Thank you and have a wonderful day!"


                        I then responded and attempted to submit a screen shot of the issue which they could not view (I most likely did something wrong trying to add the attachment, they said they needed jpegs). The final response I got from Jerryn was:

                        "Also the list feature on the disc to digtial program was recently eliminated when we unleashed the at home software. There would be no way to print a list , as walmart just requires you to take the physical discs into the store for the in store conversion!"

                        Again, I just gave up and did not bother continuing the back and forth with support since the problem was not being recognized. I would have loved for someone who understood the issue to get my list cleared so I can rebuild it again.


                        Could you post your case number so we can take a look?
                        Dan H.
                        VUDU QA

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Empty &quot;My Movie List&quot;

                          Originally posted by DanielH View Post
                          Could you post your case number so we can take a look?
                          Hi, Daniel. The case number was 140208-000038.

                          I would offer to post the screenshots, but I don't know how to copy them into the post.

                          Thanks

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X