Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Warner HDX D2D purchases not syncing across 2 VUDU accounts linked to same UV acct???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warner HDX D2D purchases not syncing across 2 VUDU accounts linked to same UV acct???

To preface I have a VUDU account and my parents have a separate VUDU account and they are both linked to the same UltraViolet account. Because they are linked when I make purchases on Disc to Digital or redeem codes from packaged media the movies sync back to my UV account then to the other VUDU account. My parents recently used D2D to purchase several HDX copies of movies at Walmart then the movies showed up in the UV account and my VUDU account as they should; however, not all of the movies were in the HDX format that they were purchased in. Most were but I noticed that all the Warner Brothers were only in SD. I confirmed with my parents that the Warner movies were showing in HDX on their VUDU account as they had purchased. I then confirmed that a Warner HDX title I purchased on my VUDU account was showing up as SD on their account. This is not the case with any other studio. Fox, Universal, Paramount, and Sony titles redeemed through D2D show up in HDX on both accounts. My question VUDU ENGINEERS is, is this a bug in the system with Warner titles or is Warner doing this on purpose? I hope not the latter...

Re: Warner HDX D2D purchases not syncing across 2 VUDU accounts linked to same UV acc

HELLO, can some VUDU engineers chime in here???

Comment

Re: Warner HDX D2D purchases not syncing across 2 VUDU accounts linked to same UV acc

I was told by Ultraviolet customer support that this is a VUDU problem and that resolution is handled by the retailer, not the Ultraviolet locker. Strange then that it just affects Warner titles.

Comment

Add Dreamworks to the list of Studios that don't have the hdx syncing problem.

Comment

Hello Stark,

We're working to see exactly where the breakdown is occurring. I'll update when we have a bit more information.

Comment

Originally posted by dhatman View Post
            Hello Stark,

We're working to see exactly where the breakdown is occurring. I'll update when we have a bit more information.
            Thanks for the acknowledgement. Customer support emailed me basically the same information, saying there was a glitch with Warner movies. Hope you guys get it fixed soon as there are some Warner/New Line movies I want to convert soon but want to wait till its fixed.

Comment

I had a similar issue occur that I wrote about here: http://forum.vudu.com/showthread.php?t=147351 I originally accessed Vudu through my Walmart account. I did Disc to Digital conversion on 10 DVDs to HDX.

Then I opened a new Vudu account and had Customer Service merge my Walmart Vudu account into my new Vudu direct account.

When this happened my movies changed from HDX to SD. After reading this thread, I went back and looked all all my UV Vudu movies. Actually I have three movies that remained HDX (Paramount, Columbia Pictures, and Python Pictures). All three are non-Warner Bros. The 7 that lost HDX are all Warner Bros or New Line Cinema which is a Warner Bros. subsidiary.

I think you are on to something here

Comment

I am having this exact same issue with WB movies. I had just finished converting a stack of movies lying around my parents house. Vudu and UV seemed like a great way of sharing all of our movies within the family.

In my case, Universal, Paramount, Sony, and Dreamworks movies do not have this problem.

WB and its New Line Cinemas subsidiary do.

Hopefully, this is simply a snafu that gets fixed. If not, I won't be converting any other WB titles via Disc to Digital.

Comment

Looks like perhaps they have fixed the problem, at least for movies going forward. Last week I converted a bunch more Warner movies on my Vudu account and now they show up on my parents VUDU account in HDX. However, the previous movies I purchased are still showing in SD. I am thinking about un-linking my account then re-linking it to UV to see if it fixes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Starkenator View Post
                    Looks like perhaps they have fixed the problem, at least for movies going forward. Last week I converted a bunch more Warner movies on my Vudu account and now they show up on my parents VUDU account in HDX. However, the previous movies I purchased are still showing in SD. I am thinking about un-linking my account then re-linking it to UV to see if it fixes it.
                    OK I unlinked my parents account and re-linked it and it did nothing but cause some movies to disappear from their Vudu account which I hope is just temporary. I am glad this appears to have been fixed going forward but the fact that my former purchases have not been fixed retroactively really makes me angry.

Comment

OK I unlinked my parents account and re-linked it and it did nothing but cause some movies to disappear from their Vudu account which I hope is just temporary. I am glad this appears to have been fixed going forward but the fact that my former purchases have not been fixed retroactively really makes me angry.
                      OK so all of my previously purchased Warner/New Line movies are fixed and are now HDX on both my Vudu accounts instead of SD. Props go out to dhatman as he finally got me taken care of. Anyone else with this problem should DM him and he can fix it. I wish it wouldn't have taken a month to get fixed but at least it fixed.

Comment

Will do.

Glad it is working for you.

Comment

OK so all of my previously purchased Warner/New Line movies are fixed and are now HDX on both my Vudu accounts instead of SD. Props go out to dhatman as he finally got me taken care of. Anyone else with this problem should DM him and he can fix it. I wish it wouldn't have taken a month to get fixed but at least it fixed.
                          Please feel free to give us a call at (888)554-VUDU as well. I'll try to get to as many requests as possible

Comment

All Warner and New Line titles working now.

Thanks to stark for starting the thread and dhatman for getting it working.

Comment

Working...
                            X