Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Extended Editions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended Editions

I was going to use this service to convert my Lord of the Rings Extended Edition DVDs to HD, but the VUDU copy is only for the regular edition. Something to think about going forward with this service.

Re: Extended Editions

Originally posted by innate View Post
    I was going to use this service to convert my Lord of the Rings Extended Edition DVDs to HD, but the VUDU copy is only for the regular edition. Something to think about going forward with this service.
    They are available now

Comment

They're only available if you use the in store D2D option. The EEs still aren't detected properly in the D2D app.

Comment

Originally posted by rdodolak View Post
        They're only available if you use the in store D2D option. The EEs still aren't detected properly in the D2D app.
        The DVDs from the multi disc extended edition DVD set are detected correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Ghost View Post
          The DVDs from the multi disc extended edition DVD set are detected correctly.
          I didn't even think to try the DVDs from the old sets but thanks for the clarification. So the DVDs work but the Blu-rays do not ... :shakes head:

Comment

I didn't even think to try the DVDs from the old sets but thanks for the clarification. So the DVDs work but the Blu-rays do not ... :shakes head:
            They work, but you have to do some creative typing. When you put in Fellowship of the Ring, the drop down list will show it a few times in Blu Ray. One of them is the EE, you have to click it and inspect the title to see it. For The Two Towers and Return of the King, try just typing Extended Edition and then viewing the full list.

This is what I did the other day, was able to get all 3 from in-store conversion.

FYI: You can get the Superbad Unrated version the same way as Fellowship, but it only shows as DVD.

Comment

From other posts and my own experience they seem to have a harder time getting the Blurays to read correctly as compared to DVDs.. Not sure if this is really true though.

Comment

From other posts and my own experience they seem to have a harder time getting the Blurays to read correctly as compared to DVDs.. Not sure if this is really true though.
                Either that or they've placed more emphasis on the DVDs since they're charging $5 per title vice $2. What do you mean by "read correctly"? Do you know how Vudu actually performs a manually verification?

It seems Vudu priorities in this order: In store > DVD > Blu-ray.

Comment

It seems Vudu priorities in this order: In store > DVD > Blu-ray.
                  Yeesh. I hope not. I had to go to three different Wal-Marts for a total of 6 trips before I got my first in-store conversion done.

Comment

FOTR & ROTK EE worked for me from the DVD's to HDX via the VuduToGo app. TTT only comes up as theatrical. Forget trying the Blu-Ray's.

I'll also be content with the Avatar EE Blu-Ray to convert as theatrical if it ever becomes D2D eligible one day..

Comment

Originally posted by Woodoo4Vudu View Post
                      FOTR & ROTK EE worked for me from the DVD's to HDX via the VuduToGo app. TTT only comes up as theatrical. Forget trying the Blu-Ray's.

I'll also be content with the Avatar EE Blu-Ray to convert as theatrical if it ever becomes D2D eligible one day..
                      Never. No sense in paying $3 more per title when I already own the Blu-rays and only need to pay $2 per title.

Comment

Either that or they've placed more emphasis on the DVDs since they're charging $5 per title vice $2. What do you mean by "read correctly"? Do you know how Vudu actually performs a manually verification?
                        I know someone who has the DVD extended edition multidisc set for each movie of the LOTR trilogy. They were all correctly identified as the extended edition by the disc to digital part of Vudu to go.

I don't know how the manual verification works. I would guess either they are getting data from a disc themselves or they are using the title data we input into the D2D program when it ask for the disc title.

Comment

I know someone who has the DVD extended edition multidisc set for each movie of the LOTR trilogy. They were all correctly identified as the extended edition by the disc to digital part of Vudu to go.

I don't know how the manual verification works. I would guess either they are getting data from a disc themselves or they are using the title data we input into the D2D program when it ask for the disc title.
                          I have all of the EEs on DVD too. One of the Vudu reps mentioned they don't have to have physical access to the disc to perform a manual verification but Vudu has been pretty elusive about what the manual verification entails.

Comment

I have all of the EEs on DVD too. One of the Vudu reps mentioned they don't have to have physical access to the disc to perform a manual verification but Vudu has been pretty elusive about what the manual verification entails.
                            The biggest problem is that the 3 Bluray EE show up as the same thing...Return of the King and Fellowship (Both Theatrical) when identified by D2D. That means the info it is reading from the discs is the same, which has been an issue with several Box sets. This means, they need to get more info from the discs which to me would mean, taking the physical media themselves and seeing what they can key on to verify the discs. I have both DVD and Bluray EE. I would rather pay $6 vs $15 to convert to streaming. I can always take them to Wal-Mart, but that is annoying and time consuming. I live 35-40 min from the one Wal-Mart that has people who know what they are doing. That and I don't have time during the week because I have to work (most of the time.)

Comment

Working...
                            X