Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Disc to Digital Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disc to Digital Tips

I noticed there's been quiet a few errors in the process of doing Disc to Digital. The purpose of this thread is to maybe help or give answers who is in need of advice or guidance for a better Disc to Digital experience. If anyone has any problem they came across with Disc to Digital and also found a way to fix it or prevent it, please feel free to share your experience.

Things you may know or not about the VUDU disc to digital list you print out.

1) It's very important to have this list along with your DVD/Blu-ray because it has the right email and number you use for your VUDU account.

2) The sales associate might give you a paper to fill out that looks like the list you printed out. Do not fill it out but instead have the sales associate staple the list you printed out behind it because the sales associate might mistakenly misread your handwriting and might put the wrong email or number and put all your movies in a wrong account. If this happens to you, your gonna need to comeback to WallMart or call them to have it fixed and also you will need your receipt.

3) After I printed my Disc to Digital list I removed all the movies I inputed into making the list and that actually slows down the sales associate @ WallMart. When making a list, leave the list in your Disc to Digital page because when they input your account info, the list you made also transfer over to their computer and they don't have to re-input all the movies to be put into your account.
    It makes the whole transaction 5 times faster and It elliminates putting in the wrong movie or format into your account by the sales associate.

4) Every movie that is in Disc to Digital, even a few 20th Century Fox movies are stored into your Ultraviolet locker.
    Last edited by iwubuv; 05-27-2012, 12:45 AM. Reason: Making corrections.

Re: Disc to Digital Tips

Originally posted by iwubuv View Post
    4) There are some movies with no Ultraviolet logo in it and that movie will not be stored into your Ultraviolet account for your other Ultraviolet members to see.
    All movies redeemed by D2D are backed by UV. Some may not be playable on Flixster at the moment, but every D2D movie you get should appear in your uvvu.com account. The UV logo on a Vudu movie page tells you that if you buy the movie directly from Vudu's site (not D2D), you'll get a UV copy as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sbuberl View Post
      All movies redeemed by D2D are backed by UV. Some may not be playable on Flixster at the moment, but every D2D movie you get should appear in your uvvu.com account.
      This is crazy. I found these titles on Walmart D2D but not on Vudu. So, you can buy a UV copy thru Walmart D2D but will they be put in your uvvu.com account? If so where will you stream the movie from?

Due Date
      Lottery Ticket
      Paul
      Your Highness

Comment

Originally posted by E55KEV View Post
        This is crazy. I found these titles on Walmart D2D but not on Vudu. So, you can buy a UV copy thru Walmart D2D but will they be put in your uvvu.com account? If so where will you stream the movie from?

Due Date
        Lottery Ticket
        Paul
        Your Highness
        All Walmart D2D titles are viewable on Vudu. If you can't find them in the store, it just means Vudu can't sell/rent them the normal way at the moment (usually because they're on some premium cable channel at the moment).

Comment

All Walmart D2D titles are viewable on Vudu. If you can't find them in the store, it just means Vudu can't sell/rent them the normal way at the moment (usually because they're on some premium cable channel at the moment).
          The four titles I listed are not viewable on Vudu so why/how are they UV eligible under D2D program? I'm not talking about buying disc in the store. The four movies I listed are not on Vudu at all. However, they are listed as a D2D UV eligible title that you can add to your printable D2D list then take to Walmart.

So again, where/how can you watch those titles if they have rental/buy version on Vudu? Someone can add those 4 to the printable D2D list - take to Walmart - Pay for them - and when they get home there's no movie to stream?

Comment

The four titles I listed are not viewable on Vudu so why are they UV eligible? I'm not talking about buying disc in the store. The four movies I listed are not on Vudu to watch at all. However, they are listed as a D2D UV eligible title that you can add to your printable D2D list then take to Walmart. So again, where/how can you watch those titles if they have no copy to buy or rent on Vudu?
            Just because you can't find them in the Vudu site does not mean that Vudu still doesn't have SD/HD/HDX copies from when they were for sale digitally on Vudu. Anything you get from the D2D list is watchable on Vudu.

Comment

Just because you can't find them in the Vudu site does not mean that Vudu still doesn't have SD/HD/HDX copies from when they were for sale digitally on Vudu. Anything you get from the D2D list is watchable on Vudu.
              OK, if that is true how do you know which version of say, "Due Date", you are buying for $2 or $5? If there is no Vudu rental listing of "Due Date" you can not know if the movie you are converting is SD, HD or HDX?

Comment

All movies redeemed by D2D are backed by UV. Some may not be playable on Flixster at the moment, but every D2D movie you get should appear in your uvvu.com account. The UV logo on a Vudu movie page tells you that if you buy the movie directly from Vudu's site (not D2D), you'll get a UV copy as well.

Yes, every D2D movie SHOULD show in our Ultraviolet library when converted but I noticed there is some 20th Century Fox movies that we can D2D and they dont have the Ultraviolet logo on them. 20th Century Fox haven't started releasing their movies to be put in Ultraviolet library yet.

I have these titles that shows up in D2D but they dont have the Ultraviolet logo and are made by 20th Century Fox.

Bedazzled
                There's something about mary
                Kiss of the Dragon
                The Transporter
                Romeo+Juliet
                Cast Away
                Behind enemy lines

Also, I own some 20th Century Fox movies that aren't in D2D and doesn't have the Ultraviolet logo that only shows up in my VUDU account and not Ultraviolet.

Planet of the Apes
                Chronicle
                Blitz ( by Lionsgate )

I'm hoping your right, but so far from my experience If a movie does'nt have the Ultraviolet logo in it. It will not be added into your Ultraviolet collection and only in your VUDU account. I will defenitely convert some of the 20th Century Fox movies in D2D to test this out and check my Ultraviolet account to see if the movie is stored there aswell.

Comment

I have these titles that shows up in D2D but they dont have the Ultraviolet logo and are made by 20th Century Fox.

Bedazzled
                  Hey sbuberl, look at the difference in Bedazzled. It is listed in D2D and also listed as a rental/buy on Vudu. However these 4 movies are listed in D2D but not listed as a rental/buy anywhere on Vudu at all.

Due Date
                  Lottery Ticket
                  Paul
                  Your Highness

Comment

I'm hoping your right, but so far from my experience If a movie does'nt have the Ultraviolet logo in it. It will not be added into your Ultraviolet collection and only in your VUDU account. I will defenitely convert some of the 20th Century Fox movies in D2D to test this out and check my Ultraviolet account to see if the movie is stored there aswell.
                    Yes, Fox does not allow movies bought from Vudu to have a UV copy yet (none ofthe Fox movies have a UV logo on their Vudu page). However, I have two Fox movies that I got through D2D, and both show up in my uvvu.com library. And one of them is even playable Flixster (who has been silently adding Fox movies support).

OK, if that is true how do you know which version of say, "Due Date", you are buying for $2 or $5? If there is no Vudu rental listing of "Due Date" you can not know if the movie you are converting is SD, HD or HDX?
                    When you add a movie to the D2D list, and you hit upgrade to HD for a DVD or use a Blu-ray, if the movie is only available in SD through D2D, it will say "SD" for that title on the D2D list once it's added. And D2D is always either HDX for all high-def or SD for standard.

Comment

Hey sbuberl, look at the difference in Bedazzled. It is listed in D2D and also listed as a rental/buy on Vudu. However these 4 movies are listed in D2D but not listed as a rental/buy anywhere on Vudu at all.

Due Date
                      Lottery Ticket
                      Paul
                      Your Highness
                      As sbuberl described, those 4 titles are currently in a (probably HBO?) blackout window. During that window no one but HBO has the rights to offer them for streaming. We do have those titles in our catalog (they were sold/rented when they were new releases) and will be able to offer them directly again eventually.

But the D2D/UV agreements are such that if you already own a title via UV, etc, you can still stream it, so they can still be offered for D2D.

Comment

Why are all the Back to the Future movies I have in my wishlist say they are UV eligible and when making a D2D list on my Vudu account they don't show as UV eligible?

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra View Post
                          Why are all the Back to the Future movies I have in my wishlist say they are UV eligible and when making a D2D list on my Vudu account they don't show as UV eligible?
                          Just because movies are available to sell in the Ultraviolet format does not mean they are on the D2D program. All D2D movies are Ultraviolet compatible but not all Ultraviolet movies are available through D2D unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Starkenator View Post
                            Just because movies are available to sell in the Ultraviolet format does not mean they are on the D2D program. All D2D movies are Ultraviolet compatible but not all Ultraviolet movies are available through D2D unfortunately.
                            I understand but I was under the impression if the movie has a UV symbol listed beside it on Vudu, they are D2D eligible through Vudu. Can go either way I guess as I was able to add movies to D2D that weren't marked with the UV symbol in the movie description on Vudu.

Comment

Working...
                            X