Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

If HDX is offered later we may be out of luck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If HDX is offered later we may be out of luck.

Some people have wondered what would happen if we take a blu ray in and get an SD version because the HDX version was not available on Vudu, but is later offered. I took my Night of the Creeps blu ray in when the program started and got the SD version because that was all that was offered at the time. Vudu now offers an HDX version, but it was not automatically upgraded. I put in a support ticket and I am going back and forth with them, but from what I gather I'm probably not getting the HDX version. They actually seem kind of confused and are asking me to show a receipt that I paid $5 (blu rays are only $2). I guess I can always remove the stamp and take my blu ray back in and pay another $2, but I really don't think we should have to do that and probably are not technically supposed to do that with the walmart stamp.

Re: If HDX is offered later we may be out of luck.

Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
    Some people have wondered what would happen if we take a blu ray in and get an SD version because the HDX version was not available on Vudu, but is later offered. I took my Night of the Creeps blu ray in when the program started and got the SD version because that was all that was offered at the time. Vudu now offers an HDX version, but it was not automatically upgraded. I put in a support ticket and I am going back and forth with them, but from what I gather I'm probably not getting the HDX version. They actually seem kind of confused and are asking me to show a receipt that I paid $5 (blu rays are only $2). I guess I can always remove the stamp and take my blu ray back in and pay another $2, but I really don't think we should have to do that and probably are not technically supposed to do that with the walmart stamp.

Yea, unfortunately in my opinion you should have waited untill the HD version came out. I completely understand what you did here. You D2D your blu ray for a SD format because thats all they had at the time but you see that was your choice and your blu ray is done for as soon as it had that stamp. Basically, you settled for less back then. I'm pretty sure VUDU is willing to help you out here but It is very hard to prove your story over the phone.

Best advice I can give you is go back to the WallMart you did your D2D with your receipt and tell them they have made a mistake converting your Blu ray and that they gave you a SD format instead of HD. There's a chance it might not work because it is stamped and may think it's been used by someone else already. Well, goodluck to you.

Comment

This is why I have skipped all of my BD discs that aren't available in HD. I can't assume Vudu is going to do the right thing and they probably aren't set up for the automatic upgrade to happen. Not worth the hassle. I will just wait.

Comment

Yet one more reason I have to hold off expanding my collection of UV movies...this process could be made so much simpler for the consumer.
        1. take DVD or BLURAY to Walmart
        2. pay $2 for digital copy
        3. copy is SD or HDX depending on what is available a the time and regardless of your original media
        4. all SD copies automatically upgrade to HDX as they become available

Sweet and simple...no concerns about DVD vs Bluray - SD vs HDX...will it be upgraded later.

Done...Finito - next customer please.

Hello Studio Execs...you paying attention? ...less hassle and confusion for the consumer = higher adoption rate and ultimately more cash for stockholders.

Comment

Originally posted by Starkenator View Post
          This is why I have skipped all of my BD discs that aren't available in HD. I can't assume Vudu is going to do the right thing and they probably aren't set up for the automatic upgrade to happen. Not worth the hassle. I will just wait.
          Yes, all of my paid movies on D2D are HDX (except those offered for free with the movie) so I don't need to ever worry about an upgrade...

Comment

Originally posted by AZHemi View Post
            Hello Studio Execs...you paying attention? ...less hassle and confusion for the consumer = higher adoption rate and ultimately more cash for stockholders.
            You should appoint yourself to their board of directors. I can't believe the whole plan for their profitability is tied up in YOUR head.

I wish I had a nickel for every forum I've seen where customers think that only they know how the corporation can make money.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpn View Post
              You should appoint yourself to their board of directors. I can't believe the whole plan for their profitability is tied up in YOUR head.

I wish I had a nickel for every forum I've seen where customers think that only they know how the corporation can make money.
              I never claimed that as a customer only I know how a corporation can make money...I merely expressed my opinion based on human nature and my own wants as a consumer. I'm sure the studios are plugging along fine without me and making loads of cash - however so far UV is (again IMHO) a failure.

However, history has proven that customers appreciate simplicity and tend to not participate in programs that are unnecessarily complex and/or that they don't understand. All one has to do is peruse these forums and read the various complaints to come to the conclusion that the UV system as it is needs improvement and that can only be achieved by customer input. The public outrage over the initial botched release of UV with Green Lantern and HP7p2 proved that customers don't want a system that is this convoluted.

At one point in the past Customers refused to accept a system that incorporated DRM for music and overly restricted how, when and where they could enjoy their music. Customers voiced their dissatisfaction with the system and adoption rates were slow and eventually the music companies relented.

And If I had a nickel for every reply to a post that criticized the original poster for offering their opinions and insights without contributing anything meaningful to the conversation I'd be a millionaire.

And BTW; I did work in retail for almost two decades for various companies - marketing, sales and distribution and owned a successful store for many years before voluntarily shuttering it due to personal reasons. I know a thing or two about customer service and customer retention but didn't realize that I needed to post my pedigree before offering my opinion on a forum.

Comment

Nothing wrong with offering your opinion. It's a great way for companies to get feedback. But to tell a company it will make them more money if they implement your idea? No. That's just a lame strategy that people think is clever, and sure to get attention. Of all of the times I've seen that ploy used, I'd be very surprised if a company ever stopped what they were doing, and said, "You know what, he's right. We COULD make more money if we only did that!!" Personally, I'd take customer ideas less seriously when they state it's the best way for me to make more money. Makes you sound like you have an agenda. Just post your ideas. If they're good, they'll stand on their own. You have no idea which of your ideas is profitable to a company.

Comment

My agenda, If I had one, is the desire to utilize D2D as a convenient way to make my media more accessible...simple as that.

As far as your prior statement I'll take it into consideration the next time I post and as far as I am concerned we'll have to respectfully agree to disagree at this juncture.

Comment

Originally posted by AZHemi View Post
                    My agenda, If I had one, is the desire to utilize D2D as a convenient way to make my media more accessible...simple as that.

As far as your prior statement I'll take it into consideration the next time I post and as far as I am concerned we'll have to respectfully agree to disagree at this juncture.
                    AZ ..you couldn't be more right! I've worked with the public for years in retail and now in customer service "simplicity" is very important. Anything too complicated is a turn off to the average person and customer's really dislike not getting the product promised. As what seems to be happening with D2D in some cases. Companies do/should listen to their customer's if they want to keep making money ....simple as that.

If I had an agenda, mine would respectfully agree with yours AZ.

Comment

You missed my point, too. How would you feel if your customers requested from you what they wanted, and every time they had a request, they told you if you didn't do it their way, you wouldn't make as much money? Aside from getting old quick, you wouldn't take your customers as seriously. Customers do not care how much income a company makes. When they provide "financial advice" with a request, it is obviously a ploy to get what they want. Like I said, make all the requests you want - that's one way companies can find out how to operate. Just leave their bottom line to them. They don't need your financial advice.

Comment

You missed my point, too. How would you feel if your customers requested from you what they wanted, and every time they had a request, they told you if you didn't do it their way, you wouldn't make as much money? Aside from getting old quick, you wouldn't take your customers as seriously. Customers do not care how much income a company makes. When they provide "financial advice" with a request, it is obviously a ploy to get what they want. Like I said, make all the requests you want - that's one way companies can find out how to operate. Just leave their bottom line to them. They don't need your financial advice.
                        Jeff if you're talking to me, as I customer I would take my business elsewhere that's something most companies care a whole lot about, if they didn't, they would certainly go out of business. I don't care how much money companies make, I care about getting what I was promised when I handed over MY money. I hope that is simple and clear enough. I would also like to add to clear up any confusion, D2D for the most part has worked well for me but as with any new service there is fine tuning yet to be done. From what I can see, if you take standard or blu ray disc to add to your D2D collection that is only available in SD and when the movie comes out in HDX, you have to buy another copy in HDX, hence you have two copies. Just like when buying discs. I have one now that was only available in SD when I added it to my D2D collection. It's now available in HDX, so I'm going to have to buy it from Vudu if I want it in HDX, unless Wal-Mart is going to understand the HDX copy is completely independent from the SD version. I paid 2.00 to add the movie to my collection and now the HDX price listed at 13.99 = 15.99. Same price as some blu ray's. Very smart indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra View Post
                          I care about getting what I was promised when I handed over MY money. I hope that is simple and clear enough.
                          Of course it's simple and clear enough. That's the same way I insist on being treated as a customer. You and I are not unique - everyone on the planet feels that way. If you were promised one thing and delivered another, that's a problem. I have not done any D2D yet. I have been paying attention a bit, though. I have not seen Vudu state that if you convert a Blu Ray where no HDX is available, that you'll automatically get the HDX if it becomes available. Have they stated that? If they haven't, then the problem is yours, not Vudu's. In the beginning, I wondered to myself what would happen in that exact situation. I told myself I would not convert a Blu Ray unless the HDX was available. That seems like a waste of money to me. I guess that falls under "Buyer beware."

Comment

Of course it's simple and clear enough. That's the same way I insist on being treated as a customer. You and I are not unique - everyone on the planet feels that way. If you were promised one thing and delivered another, that's a problem. I have not done any D2D yet. I have been paying attention a bit, though. I have not seen Vudu state that if you convert a Blu Ray where no HDX is available, that you'll automatically get the HDX if it becomes available. Have they stated that? If they haven't, then the problem is yours, not Vudu's. In the beginning, I wondered to myself what would happen in that exact situation. I told myself I would not convert a Blu Ray unless the HDX was available. That seems like a waste of money to me. I guess that falls under "Buyer beware."
                            The disc I added to my collection wasn't a blu ray, it was a DVD. I was very well aware when it became available in HDX I was going to have to buy another copy. The blu rays in my collection are all HDX. Any blu rays that aren't available in HDX I'm not adding to my collection. Already have a few DVDS I added in both versions SD and HDX. I don't consider myself out of luck because one of my SD versions become available in HDX. Would be nice though if I could take my stamped standard DVD back to Wal-Mart and convert it to an HDX copy for 5.00. I wish I could do that instead of paying 13.99. I'll probably pay the 13.99 for the HDX copy for the particular movie I was referring to because I must admit I love wasting my money on Vudu. I really do. By the size of my movie collection in just a few months that's obvious. I've only been a member for a few months. By the way, I don't have a problem with this particular issue with D2D ... just a wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra View Post
                              By the way, I don't have a problem with this particular issue with D2D ... just a wish.
                              Sounds like we're on the same page after all.

Comment

Working...
                              X