Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Current UV Copies what format SD or HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Current UV Copies what format SD or HD

I didn't know there were different levels of ultraviolet codes. Ie my footloose is sd while others are in HDX. I wish I knew how to tell which does are which. Either way the 5 free movies from disk to digital are working now if anyone needs to do that i was able to redeem mine a few mins ago

Comment

spiderman came in at hdx
      if you read sony's slip it says it may or may not give hd

i know my ghost rider is sd and woman in black is sd

my latest 3

1. drive hdx
      2. friends with benefits hdx
      3. spiderman #1 hdx

hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by mgfloy03 View Post
        I didn't know there were different levels of ultraviolet codes. Ie my footloose is sd while others are in HDX. I wish I knew how to tell which does are which. Either way the 5 free movies from disk to digital are working now if anyone needs to do that i was able to redeem mine a few mins ago
        Warner and Paramount both state on the back of the packaging what resolution you are getting while Sony and Universal do not sadly. This thread has more info: http://forum.vudu.com/showthread.php?t=151561

One thing that has changed though is it seems most new titles do not have D2D available anymore so if you want the physical disc you will be stuck with the SD copy until they bring it to D2D.

Comment

From Bestbuy,
          MIB, MIB2, Spiderman 1, Spiderman 2 all show up as HDX for me.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUGrad2X View Post
            From Bestbuy,
            MIB, MIB2, Spiderman 1, Spiderman 2 all show up as HDX for me.
            Just redeemed Spiderman & Spiderman 2. They both show up in HDX but Spiderman 1 is not in 5.1 surround? Can't hear anything out of my surround speakers unless I use the advanced surround feature on my surround system. Spiderman 2 is in 5.1 surround. Getting ready to redeem Spiderman 3. We shall see. I purchased the movies at Wal-Mart. Single Blu-Ray discs.

I've read on other posts some marvel movies are being pulled from ultraviolet accounts. They will be yours forever ..really.

EDIT: Spiderman 3 showing up in HDX and with 5.1 surround. Spiderman 1 is advertised on Vudu as 5.1 but it's not playing in 5.1 surround.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra View Post
              Spiderman 1 is advertised on Vudu as 5.1 but it's not playing in 5.1 surround.
              Just looked at this, and Spider-Man seems to be encoded as "DD 5.1" but only the L/R channels containing any audio. I submitted the issue to our content team.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                Just looked at this, and Spider-Man seems to be encoded as "DD 5.1" but only the L/R channels containing any audio. I submitted the issue to our content team.
                Hi Jake. Just an FYI ...

If I watch Spider-Man 1 in SD it plays the audio in surround with audio coming from every speaker. But not in HDX or HD.

As always thank you for your help.

Comment

Wanderlust came in at SD for me
                  Sherlock Holmes HDX
                  Project X - SD

the thing about sherlock holmes and Project x on the back of the WB points

Sherlock Holmes was 150 points and Project X was 100

that may be the difference in helping determine what version of UV you have if its 150 points you will likely get hdx if its not Sd only

hope that helps

Comment

Wanderlust came in at SD for me
                    Sherlock Holmes HDX
                    Project X - SD

the thing about sherlock holmes and Project x on the back of the WB points

Sherlock Holmes was 150 points and Project X was 100

that may be the difference in helping determine what version of UV you have if its 150 points you will likely get hdx if its not Sd only

hope that helps
                    My Project X was 150 points and still came out SD. Wanderlust came out HDX for me though. Weird.
                    Also, as I said in another post, Paramount seems to be downgrading to SD and not allowing Vudu to have UV any more. At least according to the last 2 movies I redeemed from them.

Comment

for anyone on the fence about buying goon for the digital copy.
                      I redeemed mine as the only option is vudu and it came out as SD
                      This was bought from blu-ray dvd combo pack.

Comment

for anyone on the fence about buying goon for the digital copy.
                        I redeemed mine as the only option is vudu and it came out as SD
                        This was bought from blu-ray dvd combo pack.
                        Yes but Goon is not Ultraviolet compatible so would only be available on Vudu. All Vudu only packaged digital copies I have ever seen have been SD.

Comment

My copy of chronicle was in HD its from 20th century fox which should be uv but i never saw any uv releated versions of it to be bought just this one from wal-mart.
                          Last edited by mgfloy03; 06-25-2012, 07:41 AM. Reason: fix error

Comment

My copy of chronicle was in HDX its from 20th century fox which should be uv but i never saw any uv releated versions of it to be bought just this one from wal-mart.
                            That is good news as that is the first time I have heard of a Vudu only packaged digital copy coming in HDX. Fox doesn't release new titles in UV and won't until the fall supposedly. They don't even offer recent titles from the last few years through D2D.

Comment

It was in Hd not hdx but still hd

Puncture and goon both were sd

but chronicle and we bought a zoo both came in at HD

Comment

I finally got a reply back from flixster about sherlock holmes and wrath of titans both being 150 point cards.

There answer - not only movies are in HD

I really don't think any of the people working on this are paying attention to the real problem. The fact that people are paying 24 and 34 dollars + for blu-ray copies of movies and getting random sd versions back is going to be a big reason to not go with ultraviolet. They atleast could say we'll look into it and not come back with that kind of irresponsible comment.

Atleast Vudu knows there is a problem and are talking to the companies about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X