Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

3D Movie concern/advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3D Movie concern/advice

When buying a 3D movie off of Vudu when can it also be viewed in 2D? When you buy a Bluray 3D you can watch in 3D or in 2D so why can't I do the same here? If it's a format thing then when you buy a 3D movie you should also get the HDX 2D movie free or along with it even it it shows the same movie twice in your collection?

I really would like to make Vudu my collection vault but...

Also, let's take Harry Potter for an example. It was released in 3D and in Bluray 2D. If I have the Bluray 2D why can't I disc to digital it to 3D?

Re: 3D Movie concern/advice

SO does a Rep. check these forums to help?

I would like to know the plans now or in the future what VUDU plans to do with 3D movies? As stated, I can buy a 3D movie on Bluray and watch it in 3D or not but with VUDU I have to buy 2 copies! One regular and one in 3D.

I want 3D movies but I don't always want to watch 3D and I think VUDU should address this.

Also upgrading 3D movies to Digital.

Comment

I also would like to know an answer to this because i have been thinking about going 3D in the next year and was wondering about buying a 3D now but watching the 2D version since i dont have a 3dtv yet.

This should be moved to the "general" forums though.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUGrad2X View Post
        I also would like to know an answer to this because i have been thinking about going 3D in the next year and was wondering about buying a 3D now but watching the 2D version since i dont have a 3dtv yet.

This should be moved to the "general" forums though.
        At the moment I have a nice 3D TV however I hate the glasses (Very nice glasses at a few hundred each) si I don't watch 3D to be honest but the good thing is some TV's now don't need the glasses and with 1080P now being challaneged as top dog with 4K TV glasses will really be a thing of the past. I understand 4K is not affordable for most right now but in the future it will be.

What that means for us is that movie studios (ANd one has already went this direction) will be filming movies in 4K so in the next 5 to 10 years hdx 1080P will be like SD is today. 4K TV will really allow 3D movies with no glasses.

At this point I am buying movies I want in 3D on Bluray so I can watch them when I want and how I want. I like VUDU's direction and understand it's only a few years old but it needs to move in a direction of giving the consumers what they get when buying Bluray to get us to really switch over.

Comment

Matter of fact, I picked my 5 free movies last night. As those who have also picked their 5 set know you click one icon to open up that 5 pack and pick the movie to watch.

Something like this would be great for 3D movies. You click on the title (NEMO for example, future release in 3D) and you have to Nemo movies to pick from, one in HDX 3D and the other not in 3D but in HDX if you bought Nemo for the 3D price just like you get when you buy the Bluray 3D movie.

If VUDU is going to become great it needs to take the lead in meeting what Bluray movies gives us when we buy them. It needs to find ways to break down walls and get all movies available to own and also disc to digital.

Comment

Bundling is a two-edged sword. You're right...I wouldn't want 3d without a 2d version as well. The Avatar disc that came with the Panasonic glasses kit is the only 3d blu ray I have that lacked a 2d disc.

But if you buy 3d, you have to buy a 3-5 disc mega bundle, with DVDs and special feature discs. I'd rather buy 3d alone for $10-$15, or a 3d/2d Bluray bundle for $20-$25 then be gouged $40 and up.

Vudu has always "bundled" the HD, and SD versions with an HDX version...a minor victory for the consumer If we ever reach the point where HDX, HD, and SD are bundled with 3D, we should celebrate...unless the price point is at the $40 range for the 3d blu-ray bundles.

As for hoping that your Vudu/UV library will help you futureproof for the coming of 4k...who knows. Consumer expectations for futureproofing have certainly come a long way. People now basically expect consoles and video players to be backwards compatible. I guess the next logical step is allowing us to upgrade (U-P-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D) the quality of content we own. Disc to digital ended up retroactively providing a "futureproof" option for DVDs...the first time I can ever remember that happening for movies, aside from a few scattered studios offering DVD-to-Blu programs.

Comment

Originally posted by nyunole View Post
              Bundling is a two-edged sword. You're right...I wouldn't want 3d without a 2d version as well. The Avatar disc that came with the Panasonic glasses kit is the only 3d blu ray I have that lacked a 2d disc.

But if you buy 3d, you have to buy a 3-5 disc mega bundle, with DVDs and special feature discs. I'd rather buy 3d alone for $10-$15, or a 3d/2d Bluray bundle for $20-$25 then be gouged $40 and up.

Vudu has always "bundled" the HD, and SD versions with an HDX version...a minor victory for the consumer If we ever reach the point where HDX, HD, and SD are bundled with 3D, we should celebrate...unless the price point is at the $40 range for the 3d blu-ray bundles.

As for hoping that your Vudu/UV library will help you futureproof for the coming of 4k...who knows. Consumer expectations for futureproofing have certainly come a long way. People now basically expect consoles and video players to be backwards compatible. I guess the next logical step is allowing us to upgrade (U-P-P-G-R-A-Y-E-D-D) the quality of content we own. Disc to digital ended up retroactively providing a "futureproof" option for DVDs...the first time I can ever remember that happening for movies, aside from a few scattered studios offering DVD-to-Blu programs.
              I, like many others I'm sure have gone through several movie collections over time. I remember having all my favorite movies on VCR tapes (Do I show my age lol). DVD then took over and my VCR tapes became outdated. SHortly after, Bluray hit the market and my DVD collection has now been replaced slowly with Bluray. Now I am moving on to digital movies. I'm sure digital movies will one day be replaced because TV's are always evolving. I hope however digital will last much longer...

One thing I like about changing to digital is that disks don't get scratched, lost, stolen and so on. I guess my only fear is VUDU doesn't make it and shuts down, my collection goes poof!

Comment

Working...
              X