Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Redbox Instant + UV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redbox Instant + UV

Redbox has joined with the DECE team and will support UltraViolet with its upcoming Redbox Instant service. With the new deal, it can offer UltraViolet digital access to Warner movies, and distribute movies through its subscription service. We'll have to wait for Redbox Instant to launch to know more information about that
    How exciting! Looking forward to more companies supporting UV! Vudu is still the best though!

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/25/w...t-ultraviolet/

Re: Redbox Instant + UV

I was hoping this will happen. I think a lot of people will switch from Netflix when it does.

Comment

What would be nice is if they would offer disc to digital. There are thousands of Verizon stores around that could easily handle that type of transaction.

Comment

Originally posted by tfisher View Post
        What would be nice is if they would offer disc to digital. There are thousands of Verizon stores around that could easily handle that type of transaction.
        What are you talking about? This is Redbox not Verizon.

Comment

Redbox Instant is a Coinstar/Verizon joint venture...

Comment

I hope they make it soon, as I am jumping ship from Vudu as soon as I see a sort function for my UV movies on Redbox Instant, or a PS3 app for Flixster/UV. Can't stand not being able to find anything.

I can see if Redbox is going streaming, that they would make an app for it. Hopefully, someday =P

Comment

If Redbox Instant is Netflix style streaming with support for my purchased UV titles, it will be a win in my book!

Comment

Originally posted by craiggers88 View Post
                I hope they make it soon, as I am jumping ship from Vudu as soon as I see a sort function for my UV movies on Redbox Instant, or a PS3 app for Flixster/UV. Can't stand not being able to find anything.

I can see if Redbox is going streaming, that they would make an app for it. Hopefully, someday =P
                The article I read said it's only Warner participating in Redbox Instant. Hopefully they will still let us link all of our movies. Flixster has already shown that it's possible to limit what movies can be viewed when your account is linked (I still have aroud 60 movies not watchable on Flixster, not that I'd want to watch it through them anyway). Even Vudu limits TV shows to a few.

Comment

Originally posted by RandomNinjaAtk View Post
                  If Redbox Instant is Netflix style streaming with support for my purchased UV titles, it will be a win in my book!
                  I agree! It will be nice if they will allow us to stream all our UV titles (including all our disc to digitals that have been done at Walmart I hope). What I am really looking for is somewhere else I can go for D2D. I know that a few people have indicated that they don't have problems with this at their Walmarts, but it's a real pain here in my area with only 1 store our of 4 that is able to do it.

But I think that having a company that combines Netflix-style streaming and VUDU or Flixter type movie locker is awesome. However, I have not read that they will be compatiable with UV.

I also hope that they will be able to get into the next day air for television shows.

Most important thing to me is their pricing. Right now they have the cheapest price out there at $1.20 for a DVD rental and $1.50 for Blue Ray. I am expecting (or hoping) their online rentals to be comparable to their kiosk rental fees.

The only problem I am thinking I will have in regards to a new service is with getting access. I will not have access to their app on my TV and Blue Ray. We do have an XBox, but I don't wont to use Xbox for streaming (personal preference).

Anyway, I am glad that the Redbox-Verizon streaming will be up and running by the end of the year and I expect us to hear about 1 or 2 more over the next year or two (not counting Disney). Competition is good for the consumer (as long as we can keep the government out of it).

Comment

Some leaked info on Redbox Instant devices, pricing, and more: http://gigaom.com/video/redbox-insta...t-launch-date/

No mention of UV though.

Comment

Originally posted by sbuberl View Post
                      Some leaked info on Redbox Instant devices, pricing, and more: http://gigaom.com/video/redbox-insta...t-launch-date/

No mention of UV though.
                      I just saw this and was going to post about it! My source was Engadget though, http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/29/r...stant-details/

Comment

So I had a beta invite I never followed through with and a notification that Redbox Instant is avaialble to the general public. I was wondering if anyone signed up and how UV is incorporated into the service. Does everything show up in your account or just certain titles?

Comment

Redbox Instant is not yet UV capable. It should be sometime this summer.

However, MGO just signed a partnership agreement with Lionsgate, so it is the second service to have a UV agreement with all participating studios.

Come on Amazon!

Comment

Unless I am missing something, Redbox Instant is a rental-VoD service with an additional SVoD (NetFlix-Like) service. In the information I have read about it, there is nothing about purchase-VoD.

Am I missing something?

My reading of it was they want to stay in the rental business and are being forced into VoD delievery to keep from being killed off (i.e. DVD sales down, VoD sales up macro trend).

Nothing I have read indicates they will be selling titles or offering D2D. Instead, if I understand correctly, it will be like NetFlix, but with the choice of also renting new titles via UV.

Maybe I am wrong though. If I am, RedBox getting into the sale of titles will be a big jump for them from their previous business model. Instead of a rental outlet, they will be a VoD seller and I do not think that is the plan.

Comment

They offer the ability to purchase content in addition to everything else.

Comment

Working...
                              X