Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Extra UV users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Extra UV users

All right having some fun here thinking about things. And hope I can explain this well for all to understand.
    All intense purposes, there will only be 3 accounts being talked about.
    account #1 my main account
    account #2 friends main account
    account #3 temp account.

Could both accounts 1 and 2 merge their own accounts with #3 and share each others movies through #3 being linked, but still have access to their own individual accounts ?

Now that I typed this out it sounds like this would work but the end result would be that accounts 1 and 2 would be linked through / to #3 but still never to be able to be unlinked ?

Comment

Merging Merges Movies

UV Acc 1 (1/6 People) - 10 movies
      UV Acc 2 (1/6 People) - 30 movies
      UV Acc 3 (1/6 People) - 50 movies

Say UV Acc 2 Merges with UV Acc 1...
      -UV Acc 1+2 now are sharing 40 movies.
      -UV Acc 3 still has 50 movies because they didn't merge

Result:
      UV Acc 1+2 (2/6 People) - 40 movies

Which we can comfortably name:
      UV Acc 1 (2/6 People) - 40 movies

Say UV Acc 3 wants to merge, results would then be:
      UV Acc 1+3 (3/6 People) - 90 movies

Which we can comfortably name:
      UV Acc 1 (3/6 People) - 90 movies

I don't understand how the concept of "merging" is hard to grasp? Have you never "merged" a cell in Excel? Merge = Combine.

Each person CAN link to a different VUDU account, so there is no problem with merging / worrying about some person not being able to watch movies on their account? What's not to understand?

There is NO links, you just COMBINE your movie collection INTO another's movie collection. YOU CANNOT UNDO THIS, WHICH IS WHY THEY ARE SAYING YOU CANNOT UNMERGE ACCOUNTS. Once the movies are in the collection, they are in the collection and inseparable by persons.

*I wrote this with a *facepalm, and I mean no offense to anyone! Please don't take this the wrong way!

Comment

Originally posted by ydkjman View Post
        E55KEV so staying away from the merge option how does the new account that I create get accessed from the person's own current account ? That's what I'm trying to figure out.
        This option is new and buggy from what I have read on this forum so right now I don't know exactly how it works in the grand scheme. I just hate that merging is permanent. I guess the permanent merging will work for some.

Comment

craiggers88 Thanks for the break down of what the definition of merging is. It was never about not being able to watch my own movies from my Vudu account. It was in my mind trying to figure out if there was some way to work around the Merge = Combine

What doesn't make sense is that from the very beginning of being able to add user's in your UVVU account you couldn't do something like send a link to a person that you wanted to allow access to your movies and just let them through the link sign in using their current username then there wouldn't be the whole creating another account and or merging.

Comment

What doesn't make sense is that from the very beginning of being able to add user's in your UVVU account you couldn't do something like send a link to a person that you wanted to allow access to your movies and just let them through the link sign in using their current username then there wouldn't be the whole creating another account and or merging.
            That is one long sentence =P. Yeah, there is only really two ways to create someother person.

1) You are the master, and YOU have to create the person on your account, and then let them log in and change all their information (I.E. Password)
            2) Someone makes their own account, and you have to merge them into your account

Both are pretty daunting =(

Comment

I just tested something and found this out.

I created a new user in my UV account for a family member. When they log into their Vudu account online and link this newly created UV username to their Vudu account it kills my UV link to my Vudu account.
              I am guessing this is because you can only link 1 UV account to 1 Vudu account ?

So there's really no point of even adding extra users into your UV account unless they have a device that can play straight out of a UV account right ? And they don't make those do they ?

So you might as well just have your family member sign into your Vudu account through their media device and just share your movies that way right?

Comment

I just tested something and found this out.

I created a new user in my UV account for a family member. When they log into their Vudu account online and link this newly created UV username to their Vudu account it kills my UV link to my Vudu account.
                I am guessing this is because you can only link 1 UV account to 1 Vudu account ?

So there's really no point of even adding extra users into your UV account unless they have a device that can play straight out of a UV account right ? And they don't make those do they ?

So you might as well just have your family member sign into your Vudu account through their media device and just share your movies that way right?
                I don't really understand what you are describing. When your Member accounts link their Vudu to the Member accounts you created it should not kill you Master Vudu/UV link? None of my 3 Member accounts do that.

I also don't understand what you mean by "unless they have a device that can play straight out of a UV account". Two of my 3 UV Members only watch Vudu via a computer and not a Vudu device.

Comment

Originally posted by E55KEV View Post
                  I don't really understand what you are describing. When your Member accounts link their Vudu to the Member accounts you created it should not kill you Master Vudu/UV link? None of my 3 Member accounts do that.
                  I guess this is a question now that I have as to why it's doing this to me?
                  Because as soon as this family member would link their UV account that I created for them to their VUDU account and I would turn on my TV and try and play a movie in VUDU it would tell me that I needed to link an UV account to do this.

What level of access do you have all your member accounts set to ? Would that play a part do you think ?

I also don't understand what you mean by "unless they have a device that can play straight out of a UV account". Two of my 3 UV Members only watch Vudu via a computer and not a Vudu device.
                  Disregard this question / statement.

Comment

What level of access do you have all your member accounts set to ? Would that play a part do you think ?
                    Your UV "Child" accounts should be 'Standard Members' accounts. When I had my UV "Child" accounts as 'Basic Members' the linking did not work. No one has told us why 'Basic Members' don't link, so what are they for?

Comment

Your UV "Child" accounts should be 'Standard Members' accounts. When I had my UV "Child" accounts as 'Basic Members' the linking did not work. No one has told us why 'Basic Members' don't link, so what are they for?
                      Linking doesn't work as stated to Basic Member accounts. However, after they are linked, you can change them back to Basic Member and they will continue to work.

According to UV's site, a Basic Member should be allowed to link, but I ran into permissions issues and got around it by changing to standard, linking, and then back to basic. I put in a support ticket with UV to make them aware of it. You should possibly do the same.

Comment

Thanks. Is there a link showing difference between Basic and Standard member?

Comment

When you go to edit a member, there is a spot for permissions and link that shows what they are. I uploaded this image for the details.

Comment

Thanks. What does "Stream from online services" for Standard Members mean? Does that mean Basic Members can not view a movie from a computer?

Comment

Good question, I'm not sure.

I know my brother and my mother can both stream using Vudu and their both Basic members.

Comment

I think this might have been my problem that I originally stated about it kicking my link out. I had first put them as Full and then just tried it again with them being standard and my link is still there.
                                So finally it's working like it should.

Thanks for all the help in walking through this.

Comment

Working...
                                X