Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

CinemaNow and Rovi launch beta at home D2D service

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CinemaNow and Rovi launch beta at home D2D service

CN has the worst CS. I have been dealing with them since 12/05/12 on various issues.

Missing movies

When is their D2D service coming off the beta stage?

No function that allows you to sort your library(They told me to use the search box to find a movie)

My library is listed in a completely random order with no rhyme or reason even though I was informed that it is suppose to be listed by date of purchase. The first movie that shows up in my library is "Mars Attack!". I downloaded this movie on 1/11/13 and since then have downloaded/purchased nearly 200 movies.

Site is always hanging

Frequently it logs you out while you are searching their movie list to purchase movies

Total number of movies in my library varies from device to device

None of my devices list my TV shows even though once in a while my cell phone will have the TV shows listed

My cellphone list almost twice as many movies then my PC and bluray player

Was informed that they could not delete certain duplicates because it was a UV issue. How can it be a UV issue if my UV account doesnt have the dups that CN has? Some times as many as 20 copies of "Friends with Benefits" will show up on my cellphone

I am sure I have a couple of more issues, but this is the most of it. THIS IS SO DAMN FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

One thing after another with cinemanow's crappy service. Got up this morning and my store credit is gone! Oh please Rovi sell your store to someone who can figure out how to make it work!

Comment

We were trying to use their D2D service for two movies on their list. Both "Jeremiah Johnson" and "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance" are on their list and their Rovi program read both DVDs just fine and showed the correct titles. However, I got a message saying that they were not available for D2D.

I entered a ticket multiple times because they kept closing them. Finally someone took the time to read and see that these movies ARE on their list and they said "Your issue has been escalated to our technical department please allow 24-48 hours to get a response."

About 3 weeks later, and without any response from them of course, I just happened to try it again to see if it would work. I was excited because I was able to finally convert "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance". Then when I inserted "Jeremiah Johnson" it still wouldn't work.

So I updated my support ticket and thanked them for fixing one of the movies and I let them know that Jeremiah Johnson still doesn't work. They contacted me asking me to reinstall the software and I told them that they just needed to do whatever they did to fix Ghost Rider to Jeremiah Johnson.

Finally, they close the ticket again with the following response again..."We apologize for the inconvenience you are presenting, unfortunately that title is not available to convert to D2D, again we apologize for any inconveniences this might cause."

The movie "Jeremiah Johnson" STILL appears on their list of available titles for disc-to-digital.

They have taken the time in the past to help us with another problem and to answer our questions. So far we haven't seen any service really wanting to step forward with great customer support and customer care.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruinit View Post
          One thing after another with cinemanow's crappy service. Got up this morning and my store credit is gone! Oh please Rovi sell your store to someone who can figure out how to make it work!
          I had around $40 in my CinemaNow account disappear also if doesn't reappear by Monday I will call them for answers as to why my movie credits are gone. If I don't get it back by next Saturday I talk to my friend who is a lawyer about the stealing our movie credits. I was planing on using some of the credit for D2D of movies CinemaNow had in HD and was UV their and in HDX and UV on Vudu.

Comment

I just called them and said it they were having technical difficulty the store credits and I could hear in the background other people were calling about the same issue. They gave me a credit for a HD movie for my troubles.

Comment

Originally posted by mike568 View Post
              I just called them and said it they were having technical difficulty the store credits and I could hear in the background other people were calling about the same issue. They gave me a credit for a HD movie for my troubles.
              They gave me a credit for a free HD movie as well. Did you ever get it to work? I can't figure out if it's for a free rental or purchase. Every rental I've tried states the coupon is not eligible on that title. When trying it on a purchase nothing happens. Go figure.

Comment

I lost about $40 in credits, but I noticed it yesterday afternoon!

Comment

I bought two movies last week that were UV and they never showed up in my locker or on Vudu. I opened a ticket to question why that happened, and the other issue I had with them was that when I tried to convert a movie in the
                  d2d, I got the message that I had to link my account. The problem was that I was linked. It opened my UV account and it showed that I was linked. I started a live chat t resolve the issues, and I got bumped to tier 2 support. I was supposed to get an email yesterday, but what a surprise, Nothing appeared. Has anyone else had this issue this week besides me?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred65 View Post
                    I bought two movies last week that were UV and they never showed up in my locker or on Vudu. I opened a ticket to question why that happened, and the other issue I had with them was that when I tried to convert a movie in the
                    d2d, I got the message that I had to link my account. The problem was that I was linked. It opened my UV account and it showed that I was linked. I started a live chat t resolve the issues, and I got bumped to tier 2 support. I was supposed to get an email yesterday, but what a surprise, Nothing appeared. Has anyone else had this issue this week besides me?
                    I had the same problem with 5 movies. It took them 6 weeks but they finally sent me 5 hd credit codes on Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by rdodolak View Post
                      They gave me a credit for a free HD movie as well. Did you ever get it to work? I can't figure out if it's for a free rental or purchase. Every rental I've tried states the coupon is not eligible on that title. When trying it on a purchase nothing happens. Go figure.
                      Figured out the issue. The coupon code was good for a free HD movie however since my CC on file was expired it wouldn't apply the coupon. After updating my CC info the coupon worked without a hitch.

Comment

Originally posted by rdodolak View Post
                        Figured out the issue. The coupon code was good for a free HD movie however since my CC on file was expired it wouldn't apply the coupon. After updating my CC info the coupon worked without a hitch.

Good to know!

I had credits that were lost too and they gave me a coupon code. But I've never had a credit card on file, so I'll go test it out now.

I have 2 coupon code for 2 different issues, but they are the same code. So we'll see if both of them work.

UPDATE: Well I updated my card, and tried to add a movie and nothing. Although it was for Skyfall, So maybe it's only good on older releases.
                        Last edited by James_S; 03-04-2013, 09:32 AM. Reason: Added More Info

Comment

48 Hours later and Cinemanow still has not returned my credit balance where it is supposed to be. Still sitting at 0 with no answers from their crappy support people.

Comment

I'm going to put my name down as having lost my credit. I put in a support ticket for it last night. Interested to see how long it takes for the to respond.

Comment

Originally posted by ydkjman View Post
                              I'm going to put my name down as having lost my credit. I put in a support ticket for it last night. Interested to see how long it takes for the to respond.
                              I just got off a live chat with them and he said the engineers were still working on it. But I got a response from my ticket that said. They are so lame.

Response:
                              Thanks for reaching us with your queries. We apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing. Please try the following:
                              Log out and clear browser cache and try again. -Try another browser (IE8+, Firefox, Chrome).- Login to My Account and verify the Store Credit.

Comment

Are you on the PC or Mac?

Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
                                We were trying to use their D2D service for two movies on their list. Both "Jeremiah Johnson" and "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance" are on their list and their Rovi program read both DVDs just fine and showed the correct titles. However, I got a message saying that they were not available for D2D.

I entered a ticket multiple times because they kept closing them. Finally someone took the time to read and see that these movies ARE on their list and they said "Your issue has been escalated to our technical department please allow 24-48 hours to get a response."

About 3 weeks later, and without any response from them of course, I just happened to try it again to see if it would work. I was excited because I was able to finally convert "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance". Then when I inserted "Jeremiah Johnson" it still wouldn't work.

So I updated my support ticket and thanked them for fixing one of the movies and I let them know that Jeremiah Johnson still doesn't work. They contacted me asking me to reinstall the software and I told them that they just needed to do whatever they did to fix Ghost Rider to Jeremiah Johnson.

Finally, they close the ticket again with the following response again..."We apologize for the inconvenience you are presenting, unfortunately that title is not available to convert to D2D, again we apologize for any inconveniences this might cause."

The movie "Jeremiah Johnson" STILL appears on their list of available titles for disc-to-digital.

They have taken the time in the past to help us with another problem and to answer our questions. So far we haven't seen any service really wanting to step forward with great customer support and customer care.

Comment

Working...
                                X