Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

CinemaNow and Rovi launch beta at home D2D service

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CinemaNow and Rovi launch beta at home D2D service

Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
    I'd like to know this too. CN just send me 5 codes in response to my inquiry about why I only got SD when I paid for HD. I just assumed I needed to create a support ticket.
    Something to be aware of with CinamaNow...each device is registered with them. So if you do not have a device capable of viewing HD then perhaps that has something to do with your issue. This probably isn't your problem, but I thought I would mention that.

Comment

Originally posted by tfisher View Post
      Something to be aware of with CinamaNow...each device is registered with them. So if you do not have a device capable of viewing HD then perhaps that has something to do with your issue. This probably isn't your problem, but I thought I would mention that.
      I have an HD device with them. Most movies come out fine, but a few apparently are not being sent correctly to UVVU.

Comment

I haven't even gotten a response to the work order I created with them. I think I saw a notification when it was first created but that's about it. I know it's a coding error but they should not be charging for an HD version of a movie if that's not what they have to offer. I've bought at least 3 movies now that are supposed to be in HD but they are only in SD.

I was able to buy HD upgrades for a few Lion's Gate titles through CinemaNow, though, like EXPENDABLES and CONAN and they popped up in my UV locker pretty fast.

There's a couple of WB titles that can be upgraded to HD as well, like GREEN LANTERN and HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS, PART 2.

I think I'm going to be eternally stuck with the SD copies of CONTAGION, CRAZY STUPID LOVE, HANGOVER 2 and JUSTICE LEAGUE: DOOM, as a couple of these are only being offered over on CinemaNow in SD and two of them aren't available at all.

Comment

I tried Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows, which Wally World has for $4 (with SD UV code), but it gave me the "title not available for conversion" even though it was correctly identified and is on the 12/19/12 list.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedaddict81 View Post
            I tried Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows, which Wally World has for $4 (with SD UV code), but it gave me the "title not available for conversion" even though it was correctly identified and is on the 12/19/12 list.
            There's a few that are still not working. I have found Justice League: Doom, J edgar, The Skin I Live In, Critters 3 and Robin Hood Prince of Thieves-Extended do not work when they should.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedaddict81 View Post
              Where did you get your "12/19/12" list? The list I downloaded from their website shows "12/15/12".

Comment

So prefer this as ya takes time putting in a disc wait to scan buy, put in another disc but still nowhere near time for Walmart/VuDu as I just did 10 discs in under 10 minutes on the CinemaNow app... Last time I went to walmart to do it with 10 discs it took well over 2 hours... I actually walked around store doing alot of shopping went back to photo area and still wasn't done.. And 2 hours isnt even including the time it took to Drive to walmart and back home...

So I prefer CinemaNow over VuDu for Disc-to-Digital

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLV702 View Post
                  So prefer this as ya takes time putting in a disc wait to scan buy, put in another disc but still nowhere near time for Walmart/VuDu as I just did 10 discs in under 10 minutes on the CinemaNow app... Last time I went to walmart to do it with 10 discs it took well over 2 hours... I actually walked around store doing alot of shopping went back to photo area and still wasn't done.. And 2 hours isnt even including the time it took to Drive to walmart and back home...

So I prefer CinemaNow over VuDu for Disc-to-Digital
                  I agree...I was telling the guy here at my Walmart a couple of months ago that this is how it "should" work. He claimed that it wouldn't work because they have to verify the disc isn't a copy.

But...does CinamaNow work for all discs? I have a double feature disc that contains "Under Siege" and "Under Siege 2: Dark Territory". When I try to convert using CinamaNow's PC program it will only read "Under Siege". There is no way to load "Under Siege 2" in this case, except for taking the disc to Walmart.

Something else that sucks is that VUDU and CinamaNow both have different titles for D2D. For the most part the list is that same, but CinamaNow has a few titles available for D2D that VUDU does not currently have and vise versa. I think the list of available D2D titles should be controlled and maintained by UV so all possible titles are available by all companies (as long as they have the movie).

Comment

I have added several more titles to UV using CinamaNow's program. I really like it! The convenience at least...their program needs work. The only way that I can close it is to start my task manager and end it.

I have a few that I have to take to Walmart later because CinamaNow doesn't currently have them for D2D and one is so scratched up that my drive cannot read it.

For the most part I like CN's method and I think they are on the right track by taking out as much of the manual process involved for adding D2D titles to UV. I hope that Vudu can come out with something similar. We'll probably always need the Walmart service because of double feature discs and such, but I think most titles can easily be added from our PC (and to verify VHS, Laserdisk, and other formats if we can ever convince the necessary parties that this needs to happen).

Comment

FYI - the Mac player update (3.0.2) was posted this morning. If you launch your Mac player it will prompt you to update your build. Please try it out and let me know your thoughts.

UVVU has nothing to do with the disparity of titles available between Walmart and CN. That is a licensing issue. All stores have different licensing agreements with the studios. Those are what dictate who has what.

If you have special requests, please post them here and we'll let the studios know that D2D conversion of those titles has been requested.

Comment

Originally posted by D2DGUY View Post
                        FYI - the Mac player update (3.0.2) was posted this morning. If you launch your Mac player it will prompt you to update your build. Please try it out and let me know your thoughts.

UVVU has nothing to do with the disparity of titles available between Walmart and CN. That is a licensing issue. All stores have different licensing agreements with the studios. Those are what dictate who has what.

If you have special requests, please post them here and we'll let the studios know that D2D conversion of those titles has been requested.
                        Any update on why titles that are on the list don't work?

Comment

My library still doesnt appear in the new build. It says "Could not connect to the service. Please try again later."

And it still tells me Reservoir Dogs and Snatch are not D2D even though they are on the list. I was also getting a spinning wheel of death when loading the dvd and had to force close the app.

Comment

I've had mostly good results using the CinemaNow Disc to Digital. Out of 24 conversions 2 were SD only when HD was presented and selected. One of these SD only errors occurred after installing the most recent update 2.7.0.

One positive of this though is after reporting the errors to customer support a refund was issued immediately (took 3 days to post). This does bring to light a bug that should be researched and corrected. After a refund is given the movie is removed from the CinemaNow library, but it is not deleted from UltraViolet.

Comment

Which title did you buy with 2.7 in HD that showed up as SD?

Comment

Which title did you buy with 2.7 in HD that showed up as SD?
                                The Client from Warner Bros.

Comment

Working...
                                X