Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

UltraViolet Vudu Account Limit - 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UltraViolet Vudu Account Limit - 3

Maybe all those that are dealing with this should begin to email them about this problem of lowering it and not telling us and try and get it back up to where it was when we signed up originally?

Comment

How can Ultraviolet enforce a limit without declaring it in their TOS? I will contact Ultraviolet for clarification, but since they don't have any human beings working over there I doubt much will come of it.

Personally, I am going to stop spending any more money on this service until there is a clear and documented policy regarding exactly how I can use my account.

It has never been as clear as this that they can just pull the rug out from under whenever they want.

From the Ultraviolet TOS:

Streaming UltraViolet Content

Your UltraViolet Account is authorized to receive a total of three streams of UltraViolet content simultaneously. The UltraViolet content that is available for streaming and the devices to which it may be streamed will vary depending on which authorized streaming services you elect to use in connection with your UltraViolet Account. Depending on the type of streaming service you and the other Members of your UltraViolet Account elect to connect to, such streaming service may be available for use by all Members of your UltraViolet Account and without the need to separately log into your UltraViolet Account, or the streaming service may only be available to a particular Member after that Member logs in to his or her UltraViolet Account. Each streaming service supports its own devices so you will need to check with your streaming service provider to determine the devices to which you are authorized to stream UltraViolet content. In connection with your use of streaming services you may be required to comply with additional terms and conditions of such third party service.
      Last edited by jonline; 02-15-2013, 02:10 AM. Reason: Added relevant section of TOS

Comment

Lawsuit vs UV, changing rules after joining under origianl TOS...

Comment

Let me see if I understand this correctly:
          There is a UV account with 5 members but only 3 will be able to link to vudu? If so what do the other 2 do?

Comment

Originally posted by asumovieman View Post
            There is a UV account with 5 members but only 3 will be able to link to vudu? If so what do the other 2 do?
            Three Users can share their library, 5 can access the shared library

Comment

Originally posted by asumovieman View Post
              That's what I thought, but according to DanielH:

Originally posted by DanielH View Post
              The limit of linked accounts is set at two.
              So I guess the real question is, what do the other 3 do?

Comment

Since Vudu mentioned that this was an UltraViolet restriction, I attempted trying to reach out to UV support again. I ended up going in circles with them after 4 exchanges of emails. I also tried to make it simple by just asking "How many linked accounts can you have from a retailer", and I basically got standard form/scripted/replies back as if I was doing it incorrectly. So not sure if this is a Ultraviolet restriction or Vudu restriction, but I gave up. I had 5 on my account, so 2 had to suffer and get bumped from being linked. I haven't tested this with CinemaNow to see if it stops at 3, but may be a good test.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelB9 View Post
                  Since Vudu mentioned that this was an UltraViolet restriction, I attempted trying to reach out to UV support again. I ended up going in circles with them after 4 exchanges of emails. I also tried to make it simple by just asking "How many linked accounts can you have from a retailer", and I basically got standard form/scripted/replies back as if I was doing it incorrectly. So not sure if this is a Ultraviolet restriction or Vudu restriction, but I gave up. I had 5 on my account, so 2 had to suffer and get bumped from being linked. I haven't tested this with CinemaNow to see if it stops at 3, but may be a good test.
                  MickaelB9
                  So you actually had all 5 accounts linked and then all of the sudden 2 of them (with out your choice) lost the link ?
                  Or did you unlink your self and weren't able to get the links back ?

Comment

I have a 5 member UV group and each have their own Vudu account and i have not once experienced or heard of anyone from my group not being able to use the Vudu account linked to their individual UV account that is a part of the master UV group. FYI, my group has been streaming since October.

Comment

Originally posted by ydkjman View Post
                      MickaelB9
                      So you actually had all 5 accounts linked and then all of the sudden 2 of them (with out your choice) lost the link ?
                      Or did you unlink your self and weren't able to get the links back ?
                      Yes kind of went that way. A niece tried setting up her PS3, which I had already had her account setup. But she accidentally setup a new UV account and linked it there. I had to go in and fix it. When I went to correct the link using my computer, I think that somehow during the logging in/out of UV and Vudu between the accounts that I became unlinked. At that time thought it was just a system error, so tried fixing it myself. Once I found out that you can only have 3 by reading the forum, I deleted everyone on mine and then re-added who should at-least be linked, and the 2 who should be unlinked. It doesn't make sense why they (UV or Vudu) changed this policy. But it is not good, especially if the other members are contributing to the same shared UV locker by spending $ and adding titles.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelB9 View Post
                        Yes kind of went that way. A niece tried setting up her PS3, which I had already had her account setup. But she accidentally setup a new UV account and linked it there. I had to go in and fix it. When I went to correct the link using my computer, I think that somehow during the logging in/out of UV and Vudu between the accounts that I became unlinked. At that time thought it was just a system error, so tried fixing it myself. Once I found out that you can only have 3 by reading the forum, I deleted everyone on mine and then re-added who should at-least be linked, and the 2 who should be unlinked. It doesn't make sense why they (UV or Vudu) changed this policy. But it is not good, especially if the other members are contributing to the same shared UV locker by spending $ and adding titles.
                        Michael it sounds as if you're trying to link multiple vudu users to one UV account. I think i recall Vudu saying you can at most have 2 vudu users connected to one UV account but during some account setup of my own i dont think that is even true. I say this because by accident i linked my sister to my UV account and then my vudu account became empty and unlinked to my UV account.

So do you have one master UV account with 5 sub accounts and linking each sub account to an individual Vudu account? If so there is a linking problem with Vudu and UV when you link/unlink that will give you one of two errors;
                        1. Two many nodes
                        2. Connection maximum established

During a phone call with Vudu, i was told that there was a new link implementation with UV that only allows a certain number of linkages in a time period which is why the mods here say to not unlink your account.

If you got one of the errors above then you should search the forum for a post by me and another user explaining how to get around it. It may even be in this thread (i didnt read all the pages).

Comment

Originally posted by jonline View Post
                          How can Ultraviolet enforce a limit without declaring it in their TOS? I will contact Ultraviolet for clarification, but since they don't have any human beings working over there I doubt much will come of it.

Personally, I am going to stop spending any more money on this service until there is a clear and documented policy regarding exactly how I can use my account.

It has never been as clear as this that they can just pull the rug out from under whenever they want.

From the Ultraviolet TOS:
                          I think this is saying 3 people can stream content at the same time. I wonder if this is 3 can stream the same file or stream anything from the library. This is hard to wrap my head around considering you can use 5 devices with Vudu at once. Can someone conduct 2 tests; 4 devices watch the same movie at same time and 4 devices watch different movies at the same time.

Even this only answers half the question, I am not sure if any of my members have ever watched a movie at the same exact time before.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUGrad2X View Post
                            I think this is saying 3 people can stream content at the same time.
                            Yeah, my point was there is nothing in the TOS that mentions limiting you to three linked accounts. In fact, quite the opposite. They encourage you to add 6 users then limit you to three usable for all intents and purposes. If that isn't bait and switch, I don't know what is.

Comment

I tried to add my 4th UV member to my Main UV account today and got:

"The limit for number of connections to this type of Node has already been reached".

But when I tried the steps outlined by NWRushing it worked.

Originally posted by NWRushing View Post
                              To fix this error:

1 Log into the UV sub user account you want to link. Do not close your browser.

2 log into Vudu and go to the link UV page

3 When you click on "Already have UV" you shouldn't see the login page just a check box that says Link UV and a button to continue or whatever.

4 UNCHECK the link UV back and click continue.

5 Congrats I know it sounds counter-intuitive... but it works

Comment

Originally posted by E55KEV View Post
                                I tried to add my 4th UV member to my Main UV account today and got:

"The limit for number of connections to this type of Node has already been reached".

But when I tried the steps outlined by NWRushing it worked.

Let us know if the 4th member's link stays active all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X