Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

News from CES

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: News from CES

Originally posted by jeffpn View Post
    USA Today can be misinformed. It is possible that things are printed in error. Just because you read it in the USA Today, doesn't make it true. Heck, it could've even been true at the time of printing, but not any more.

All of that is beside the point. If the associate does not believe that VHS tapes are eligible, then you're not getting it, period. You can show him all the USA Today articles you want. I called Vudu today, and Vudu itself told me only Blu Rays and DVDs are eligible. If you can't show the associate their own website (Vudu or Walmart) to back your claim, you're not going to get it done. My dispute is not what you said earlier today. We can't all talk to Sarah Spencer in a cab. It doesn't do any associate any good until they see it in their own instructions.
    I understand, I really do. But I had more faith in it because I had already been to my local Walmart and done it, and there was another website that mentions VHS tapes. The associates that helped me a couple of weeks ago did have to read the documentation and they seemed to understand it the same way that I did.

Remember, D2D is a Walmart/retailer thing and I don't think Vudu is very much involved with the agreements between the retailer and the studios. But since they are owned by Walmart and they host this service I would be surprised if there isn't anyone there who knows about this. That being said, they should know that VHS is allowed. But last month on the forum they said that they didn't know.

When I called Walmart the first time this morning I got Walmart.com and they too said it was only for DVD and Blu-ray. But I could tell I was just being blown off, so I went and found the corporate phone number in my list of contacts to contact her directly (they are a customer of ours so I have a few phone numbers...but I bet if I had the patience to look through their website I would find it there).

Comment

you guys need to get a room, just saying

Comment

10 pages of discussion, and not one post from dhatman or Jake or another mod to confirm or deny anything. Why is that?

I still maintain that you are able to convert VHS movies because you were persistant, or the associate didn't care. There is no way that everybody who brings in a VHS tape to Walmarts around the country will get it done. That is not going to happen, until Walmart amends their procedures and it trickles down so that all of the associates can see for themselves that it's allowed. Like I said, earlier today, Vudu itself told me that it's not allowed. If I was told by Vudu it's not allowed, and you were told by Walmart that it is allowed, there is alot of confusion that needs to be cleared up. That's going top take time. It is much too early to make an announcement that Walmart accepts VHS tapes. Until this is settled, people's experience will vary. Alot of it has to do with Walmart's cluelessness about the program in general. From my own experience, and from things I've read, many associates have little to no working knowledge of it. If you can get your tapes converted, great. But if you run into problems, no USA Today article is going to change their mind.

Comment

I still maintain that you are able to convert VHS movies because you were persistant, or the associate didn't care...Like I said, earlier today, Vudu itself told me that it's not allowed.
          First, I converted mine BEFORE I new about the USA Today article...maybe even before it was published. Second, your wrong. I was not persistant and the associates (there were two of them) obviously did care because they both read some documentation. Before then they seemed like they were not going to accempt them.

Like I said before, I can understand Vudu not knowing about it because D2D really has very little to do with them. I was surprised that a C/S rep for Walmart.com not only said "no, you cannot use VHS tapes" but she wasn't about to take it to the next level to see if she was wrong when I asked her about the report in USA Today.

Let's do what I suggested earlier today...let's wait and see if Walmart or Vudu will respond to these questions.

Comment

Originally posted by tfisher View Post
            First, I converted mine BEFORE I new about the USA Today article...maybe even before it was published.
            Originally posted by tfisher
            when I asked her about the report in USA Today.
            Which is it? You knew about the article, or you didn't? (Not that policy is dictated by a newspaper article.)

because they both read some documentation.
            What documentation? There is nothing documented about Walmart accepting VHS.

I can understand Vudu not knowing about it because D2D really has very little to do with them.
            The program is through Vudu. Of course Vudu knows about D2D. Why would Vudu tell me today that they don't accept VHS?

You keep sidestepping my point. There is nothing that any customer can do if their Walmart won't accept a VHS. There is NOTHING that states that VHS is an eligible media for D2D. It is entirely possible that the associate that did it for you decided it was easier to allow it than to listen to you tell her why she should do it.

Comment

I find it interesting that the thread on how the D2D program accepts VHS has been mysteriously deleted.

Comment

Which is it? You knew about the article, or you didn't? (Not that policy is dictated by a newspaper article.)

What documentation? There is nothing documented about Walmart accepting VHS.

The program is through Vudu. Of course Vudu knows about D2D. Why would Vudu tell me today that they don't accept VHS?

You keep sidestepping my point. There is nothing that any customer can do if their Walmart won't accept a VHS. There is NOTHING that states that VHS is an eligible media for D2D. It is entirely possible that the associate that did it for you decided it was easier to allow it than to listen to you tell her why she should do it.
                No, it was answered earlier but Vudu keeps deleting my threads. If Walmart (who is the retailer that has the agreement with the studios) turns you away then there is nothing you can do except wait for updated documentation to be sent out OR contact Walmart's PR department and see if they can contact the store. She offered to call a store that wouldn't accept VHS tapes.

It's possible that the associates THOUGHT that I was going to stand my ground, but the point is that it didn't come to that. I also woudn't have said another word about it.

Comment

Originally posted by rdodolak View Post
                  I find it interesting that the thread on how the D2D program accepts VHS has been mysteriously deleted.
                  TWICE! I posted a second thread after the first was deleted and now it's gone.

****es me off that I am doing their job for them and they keep deleting information that I am trying to pass on to everyone else.

Comment

Here is an email I just received...
                    Please don't post articles that lead others to believe they can use VHS for D2D. The service is for Blu Ray and DVDs only. If you post misinformation again, you'll be banned from the forums.
                    I guess I will be making another call to Walmart tomorrow.

Comment

^ I guess that can be considered an official source from Vudu.

Comment

Originally posted by tfisher View Post
                        ****es me off that I am doing their job for them and they keep deleting information that I am trying to pass on to everyone else.
                        Maybe it's bad information??

Comment

Only Blu-Rays and DVDs are eligible for the Disc to Digital program.

Comment

Working...
                          X