Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

I was a victim of Walmart D2D customer abuse!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a victim of Walmart D2D customer abuse!

The experience I had at Walmart today is so unbelievable that it sounds like a joke. But it isn't.

THIS IS A TRUE STORY. IT HAPPENED TODAY:

I was thrilled to see many new movies available for D2D. I created my D2D list in my Vudu account, printed the list, assembled my discs then got in my car for the 20 minute drive to Walmart in the Centereach Mall (Centereach, NY).

With my list and bag of blu-ray discs in hand, I headed for the Photo Center. A pleasant staffer by the name of John was eager to assist me with my D2D order. I handed him my discs and list with my email address written down so he could access my Vudu account. Up it popped on the screen. He went through the motions and as he was doing so, another worker by the name of RoseAnn wandered over, followed by three more Walmart workers.

The HDX files were transfered to my Vudu account and I paid for the order. Just as I was getting ready to leave, RoseAnn raised the RED FLAG saying that the discs needed to be stamped. I know it's policy so I was ready to allow her to proceed. She takes out the first blu-ray disc and tries to stamp it on center - the usual.

The stamp was dried out and it left no impression so she decided to move the stamp over to the main artwork area of the disc, then she POUNDED the rubber stamp very hard on my disc. I yelled out: "WHOA! What are you doing?!!! You're going to crack my disc and I paid good money for my blu-ray movies!"

RoseAnn went on to say that the discs MUST be stamped because after two years the Disc to Digital will expire and the stamp will show that I already used the D2D service so I cannot use it again. I didn't argue with her, but I asked her to only stamp on center and suggested that she needed to get a fresh stamp.

She did not have another fresh rubber stamp so she tells me she's going to write on my blu-ray discs with a Sharpie. I said that is unacceptable! I will not allow that. So then she decides to have another Walmart worker run to the Office Supply Department to get a rubber stamp pad and some ink.

I'm waiting. I'm waiting. I'm waiting.

She gets the stamp inkpad set up, tests it on paper and it leaves a giant solid black circle on the paper. I let her know I will not allow that sort of mark on my expensive blu-ray discs.

She said I cannot leave the store without my discs getting stamped. I let her know that I have done hundreds of D2D conversions and if the stamp was dry the Walmart worker just let me go, after all, I paid for the D2D already and if Walmart's stamp is dry it's not my responsibility.

She said, OH NO! You can't leave the store. Wait here in the Photo Department. I have to get a manager. A good 10 or 15 minutes pass, then an Assistant Manager comes to the Photo Center asking ME what the problem is. I explained the situation. She huddled with the rest of the staff while other Walmart workers began to gather around to watch the show.

The manager said she will refund my money and remove the D2D files from my Vudu account and asked me to drive to another Walmart to get my discs stamped. I said I am not driving to another Walmart. Next she has RoseAnn call three different Walmarts in the area asking if their Vudu stamp is working.

Time keeps slipping away and I was told NOT to leave the Photo Center nor the store or it would be considered theft (mind you, I already paid for the D2D). I was told to go sit on a stool in the Photo Center until they resolve the problem. RoseAnn chimes in saying to the Assistant Manager that they don't know if I'm gonna try to use my blu-ray discs again to convert them in the future so that is why they must be stamped.

I only had 15 blu-rays converted! I said to her that I am not a bootlegger or a criminal! I am a loyal Walmart customer and an avid Vudu user. I said I purchased my blu-rays at Best Buy, Walmart and amazon.com and Walmart just took my money for the D2D conversion so I am not a thief!

They have to be stamped before you can leave the store, RoseAnn proclaimed.

Then I asked her what's going to happen when Walmart and Vudu launches the new D2D at home service at the end of January? Who is going to stamp my discs then? She said she doesn't know.

The Assistant Manager then tells me again to sit on the stool and wait for her to come back. I waited. I waited. I waited. She didn't return. So I asked John, the first person to "help" me with my order, if I can leave. He said do not leave or security will arrest me. I WAS STUNNED!!!

45 minutes later and I am still sitting in the Photo Center on that stool. I kept asking, what's going on? How are you going to resolve this? I did nothing wrong. Can I go home? The Assistant Manager never came back so finally, RoseAnn storms off to find the head store manager. 15 minutes later, she breezes over to the Photo Center and says in a cold, icy tone: "you can leave."

I left Walmart feeling very upset after being treated like a piece of trash and a criminal.

All that -- more than an hour of wasted time -- all because they insisted that my discs get stamped before I would be allowed to leave the store. But their stamp was dried out. It was like no one there had any common sense. I felt abused to be FORCED to sit on a stool in the Photo Center under strict instructions that I am not allowed to leave the store. If I did try to leave, security was going to arrest me.

Needless to say, I am NEVER going to this Walmart ever again for D2D service. In fact, I am now more eager than ever for D2D at home service to commence. But it might not work for me because my computer does not have a blu-ray drive.

I will write a letter to Walmart and Vudu Corporate Headquarters to complain about this most unpleasant experience with the workers in the Centereach, NY Walmart. The staff in that store needs better training.

Re: I was a victim of Walmart D2D customer abuse!

I'd recommend a cheap external usb BD drive, they can be had for $50 or so and might save you future agony.

Comment

I'd recommend hiring a lawyer and threatening Wal-Mart and Vudu with a lawsuit for false arrest.

The discs are YOUR property, YOU paid for them, and you were threatened with arrest for attempting to leave with YOUR property because they couldn't do their jobs properly.

Detaining you or your property for no good reason is false arrest and Wal-Mart won't want the bad publicity of a trial.

Comment

I would have left AFTER I paid for D2D. If they tried to arrest me I would sue Wal-mart for false arrest. It Walmart's fault their equipment was not working. Once Vudu gets home D2D Walmart should change the policy to not stamp the discs.

Comment

Wow, that's a hell of a way to spend a Friday... I'd be LIVID! You should find out how you can lodge a complaint thru Walmart's website. Absolutely not your problem that they don't have a working stamp...

At the Walmart I usually go to, their stamp has been broken since the first month of the program and nobody wants to spend the money to order a new stamp... so the people I usually deal with just take a Sharpee and put a black dot on the ring, on the underside of the disc.

With all those Walmart employees around you, I amazed that not ONE of them could come up with a similar strategy.

Comment

When things like this happen, unless you got caught red handed stealing something, you just leave. If they try to stop you you tell them you're going to call the police on them. In your situation, even if she was right (and she wasn't) there is no "theft" happening. It would be some kind of intellectual property suit, which not a single walmart employee has any authorization to physically retain people over.

It's too bad you willingly complied, because now you can't sue them for trying to stop you from leaving.

Comment

Walmart has some very arrogant people working for them. This is the second time this week I've read of a customer being treated wrongly by walmart employees.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I would never sue over something like this. The cost, time and mental anguish just isn't worth it.

Clearly, the incident I experienced today was a case of poorly trained staff overstepping their perceived position of power. If a similar incident re-occurs, after I pay for my D2D I will simply leave the store.

I should go back there tomorrow with another batch of blu-rays -- just to see what happens. If I do I will bring my iPhone and record video of any unprofessional behavior. I wish I had it on me today (I had left it in my car).

To be honest, I prefer to go to a different Walmart for my next D2D processing so I can receive better service and proper treatment.

Which brings me to this question:
                ====================

Today RoseAnn -- the unyielding and uncooperative Walmart worker -- said that after two years my D2D files will expire and all of the movies will automatically disappear from my Vudu library. I doubted her completely, but is there any truth to her comment? I do not believe she has the facts straight.

Comment

if you brought in say 5 discs and the register slip shows 5 paid conversions there was no theft.

At very worst it would/could be considered a ownership fraud risk but that would really be between you & vudu/WalMartHQ/uv unless that store had video evidence that you shared the discs and manages to stop both you and the other "perp".

i'm really starting to think walmart homeoffice was planning on this failing to meet their expectations from the beginning so they sent out stamps that wouldnt last.

hopefully NYCOMET you find a store that will be more helpful in the future...(if you're ever upstate, the latham store photo manager is very helpful)

Comment

IMO, rosie is a dumb ***, she mustve read the part where it UV streams would be free for a year then studios could start charging for views(highly unlikely) and came up with her own conclusion...sounds like she needs a dementia check.

Even if walmart drops d2d & manages to kill off vudu, you wont lose the UV rights in you UV digital locker. as for current nonUV vudu flixs I not sure but seeing how vudu is offered as a remdemption center on a huge portion of UV copies...i really doubt its going away.

Comment

Man I would've left also, but its very easy for me to say that from the comfort of a hotel room .

In any case a stamp was dried out/broken on my last D2D visit and the lady took a new stamp and pressed on my disc and nothing then tried off center and i said no. Then tried it on paper and it leaked and I said please dont put that on my disc and she just verifed what i had and let me continue.

Comment

Originally posted by nycomet View Post
                        Thanks for the feedback. I would never sue over something like this. The cost, time and mental anguish just isn't worth it.

Clearly, the incident I experienced today was a case of poorly trained staff overstepping their perceived position of power. If a similar incident re-occurs, after I pay for my D2D I will simply leave the store.

I should go back there tomorrow with another batch of blu-rays -- just to see what happens. If I do I will bring my iPhone and record video of any unprofessional behavior. I wish I had it on me today (I had left it in my car).

To be honest, I prefer to go to a different Walmart for my next D2D processing so I can receive better service and proper treatment.

Which brings me to this question:
                        ====================

Today RoseAnn -- the unyielding and uncooperative Walmart worker -- said that after two years my D2D files will expire and all of the movies will automatically disappear from my Vudu library. I doubted her completely, but is there any truth to her comment? I do not believe she has the facts straight.
                        Hey Comet, Sorry to hear that happened to you man. It sounds like Rosie and the assistant manager just escaped from a mental hospital and threw on Wal-Mart vests. She is wrong that would not happen they can not remove anything once you have purchased it. The assistant manager telling you that they would remove the movies from your account she must have had some good crack during her lunch break. How many times have we read or have been told UV has no way of removing movies from the ultraviolet locker. Sure they might be able to take them off of Vudu but they can not do anything to the movies in your UV locker. It seems to me that there was just a total power trip/control issue they had which really is not cool and holding you against your will when you did nothing wrong is kidnapping or cometnapping. Yeah I get they wanted to follow protocol but they did not have the stamp that is not your fault. I have been to two different Wal-Marts here in Los Angeles and both do not have stamps and they do nothing. One lady actually thanked me for bringing in my disks . Take care buddy.

Comment

Terrible and I would've absolutely left, and let their security dare try to unlawfully detain me.

Comment

I sit back and read these stories of some of these Walmart workers, and I am amazed. I realize that everyone some feel like the king of their work world, or what's the use of having the job to start with, but some of these Walmart assoc. take it to a whole new level. Does anyone remember when Walmart first opened, when Sam was alive. The workers were happy, and you were trated like the customer should be, but now alot of them treat us like dirt. I have a couple of friends up there now, especially in the photo department, and they really enjoy seeing me come in with new titles, but in my humble opinion it's the customers. I live in Florida, and we have this lovely thing that migrates down annually called a snowbird. I'm sure in their native land they are a pleaseant bird to be around, but when they come south i think something snaps in their brain pans. I have been at the photo center on multiple occassions have my disk done when one of these old birds shows up, and demands to be helped, even though they are already working on my stuff. Unfortunatley the worker will have to stop to go and let them know they will be right with them after they finish, but in some cases they continue with thier crap, and I will smile at them and say go ahead and get thier film. I'm not defending all Walmart workers, but just think about it. Most are paid just above minimum, the ones that are good are usually worked like slaves by the idiots that can't do the job anyway, so they are promoted( kissing *** does have its benefits to some), and they get to deal with more ***holes on the other side of the counter. Before you get me wrong, I don't think they are all angels working there, but sometimes alot of them are just like you and me. End of speech, HAVE A GOOD DAY!! in the words of Paul Harvey, and if you don't know who he is, look it up, and get back to me. You will be glad you did. Find some of his old recordings on YouTube.

Comment

I feel for you nycomet... I have had the same experience (although not as bad as you) with Best Buy with the manager being as bad if not worse than the employee. That is why I try to avoid Best Buy like the plague. I also will never try the CinemaNow service because it is part of Best Buy.

Comment

Working...
                              X