Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

After the update Blind Side is recognizing bluray but showing unavailable for d2d. Also Everything Must Go bd is now unrecognizable.

Comment

Originally posted by LocN View Post
      There will be more update later today 02/15 for Box set. Please try it later in the night or tomorrow 02/16.

Thanks,
      LLN
      Still no luck with Die Hard 2 Blu from the 25th Anniversary collection.
      Same with Troy DVD...

Comment

Exorcist III and Exorcist: The Begining both come up as Dominion: Prequel to The Exorcist. (Dominion reads as itself )

Comment

Here's three more. All movies currently on the D2D list and all three of these come up as "cannot identify" in the Vudu at Home program. This blows, too, because I like these films and wanted to add them to my account. I refuse to go back into our hideous local Wal-Mart and stand around for an hour while they try and figure out how to use the Vudu system. I entered the proper names into the search engine when it asked me to ID the discs.

DYLAN DOG: DEAD OF NIGHT [BLU] [UPC: 02454376141900] - unidentified
          ATTACK THE BLOCK [BLU] [UPC: 043396387959] - unidentified
          THE MECHANIC [BLU] [UPC: 043396379404] - unidentified

Comment

Originally posted by catbigred View Post
            Still no luck with Die Hard 2 Blu from the 25th Anniversary collection.
            Same with Troy DVD...
            I still have trouble with these blu's to name a few: Die Hard with a Vengeance, Superman The Movie to HDX, Superman 3, Mortal Kombat, Lethal Weapon 1-4, Batman, Alien Quadrilogy, Pulp Fiction, Conan The Destroyer, The Inception, The Dark Knight Rises, Witches of Eastwick, The Craft, Star Trek Wrath of Khan...

Had luck with Lawrence of Arabia DVD to HDX conversion today

Comment

Reporting a massive "unidentified disc" fail on the ALFRED HITCHCOCK MASTERPIECE COLLECTION BLU-RAY BOX with the Vudu to Go Program. The only two I could get to ID were PSYCHO and NORTH BY NORTHWEST.

All of these are listed in the D2D program for Blu-ray, but NONE of them would ID:

SABOTEUR BLU
              SHADOW OF A DOUBT BLU
              ROPE BLU
              REAR WINDOW BLU
              THE TROUBLE WITH HARRY BLU
              THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH BLU
              VERTIGO BLU
              THE BIRDS BLU
              MARNIE BLU
              TORN CURTAIN BLU
              TOPAZ BLU
              FRENZY BLU
              FAMILY PLOT BLU

Comment

Originally posted by mattriley3 View Post
                I updated the software and was able to finally do the other Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies since it no longer detected all of them as the same one. Another movie I have, An Evening with Kevin Smith, wasn't quite so lucky. Still get an error that it isn't able to read the disc and then says it's in manual verification. So far, I've gotten nothing back from Vudu staff though I submitted that issue over 2 weeks ago. I'm sure they're inundated with bug reports (it is beta after all) but it's a bit maddening to have to wait for it and my time to go to Walmart is practically none since I'm getting married tomorrow. Anyway, guess I'll just either have to wait and go during my honeymoon or hope a staffer actually has time to get back to me.
                Hello Matt,

First off, i want to apologize for us not getting back with you as of yet. We're keeping track of this thread and filing all the bugs that customers are running into here. Would you mind posting your case number so we can see what took place with your incident?
                Last edited by DanielH; 02-17-2013, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mattriley3 View Post
                  So far, I've gotten nothing back from Vudu staff though I submitted that issue over 2 weeks ago. I'm sure they're inundated with bug reports (it is beta after all) but it's a bit maddening to have to wait for it and my time to go to Walmart is practically none since I'm getting married tomorrow. Anyway, guess I'll just either have to wait and go during my honeymoon or hope a staffer actually has time to get back to me.
                  We are studying the data and issues that users reported. We will eventually resolve most issues.

Please be patience.

Thanks,
                  LLN

Comment

Originally posted by tubaman View Post
                    Just did the required update. I tried to purchase digital copy's via inserting the DVD into the drive but vudu is selecting a non-dvd-rom (actually a hard disk for some reason) drive. Unfortunately, I have not found any interface in the program to change the drive letter to the appropriate drive. Suggestions?
                    I have the same problem

Comment

had a couple movies read as dvd when they were blu rays now they can not read
                      Army of darkness screwhead edition blu 25192-01996
                      Scott pilgrim blu 25192-04988
                      rango blu 97361-43904
                      sherlock holmes blu 8-83929-08699( read as dvd, now says HDX but changes to SD copy at checkout)
                      kill bill vol 1 blu 31398-13432
                      kill bill vol 2 blu 31398-13433
                      troy directors cut blu 85391-17377
                      Fast five blu 25192-10719
                      boondock saints truth and justice edition blu 24543-73394
                      aliens and alien 3 from anthology blu24543-70216

Comment

Originally posted by cinema View Post
                        I have the same problem(vudu is selecting a non-dvd-rom)
                        Cinema,

Can you send me a screenshot of the issue of selecting wrong drive?
                        BTW you don't have to use "add disc" button.
                        All you need is to start VUDU To Go, switch to Disc to Digital tab, and then insert your media.
                        After Windows Explorer can detect media, read the volume (you can monitor that from an Explorer windows), VUDU To Go will read media.

Thanks,
                        LLN

Comment

These don't work, even though they are on the D2D list:

HOSTEL BLU [UPC: 043396235632]
                          HOSTEL PART II BLU [UPC: 043396192034]
                          MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3D [BLU] [UPC: 031398128724] [Yes, the 3D version BLU does have a listing, too]

Comment

When I load my BD of CHRONICLE, I get this message from the app when I try to convert it...

<<

This disc 'Chronicle [The Lost Footage Edition] [2 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD] - BLURAY - 2012' is not eligible for Disc to Digital conversion.

>>

The DVD was not recognized either.

Comment

THE VICTIM, on BD from Anchor Bay.

Disc was not recognized. Had to look it up.

Comment

The Spirit was not recognized.

Comment

Working...
                                X