Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their VUDU service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Re: VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

    I think the TOC we read from the discs which came from Box Set/Collection are the same for entire collection. We will try to see what we can do from our end but if the DVD/BD were pressed to provide us the same info then we can't do much.
    I think this is a real serious issue and needs a solution fairly quickly. There are so many movies that are series and/or released as box sets. It is a serious flaw in the program for them to not be identified correctly. Hoping for a solution ASAP even if it has to be manual overrides or something.

    Comment


      #32
      Re: VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

      Only the original Rambo film is UltraViolet.

      Comment


        #33
        Re: VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

        Originally posted by LocN View Post
        Hi,

        Please answer some of my questions:
        - Accross the Universe: Do you see Windows Explorer can read the Volume name? Video_TS ... ?
        - The Fog + Resident E: communication error issue should be fixed in a week.
        - The Cider House: if you search our www.vudu.com for the movie you would see it doesn't have UV logo. We can't convert those titles.

        Thanks,
        LLN
        I thought Cider was on the list because it came up in the d2d search when it asked me to identify my disc. My mistake. As for Across the Universe it was the same communication error, but only on disc 1.

        Comment


          #34
          Re: VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

          troy reads as 300

          Comment


            #35
            Re: VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

            Originally posted by TrackZ View Post
            I think this is a real serious issue and needs a solution fairly quickly. There are so many movies that are series and/or released as box sets. It is a serious flaw in the program for them to not be identified correctly. Hoping for a solution ASAP even if it has to be manual overrides or something.
            We are on it.

            Comment


              #36
              Re: VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

              In the "Alien Anthology" blu-ray boxed set, the first movie comes us correctly, but the other 3 movies (Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection) all come up as Alien Resurrection.

              Comment


                #37
                Re: VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

                Here is a bug in my 'balance and history" for my account. I redeemed 4 movies for 8 dollars and had $5.99 credit in my account. It added the two for a total cost of $13.99.

                I was only charged $2.01 so no harm was done.


                01. Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief [2 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD] BLURAY to HDX $ 2.00
                02. LEGO: The Adventures of Clutch Powers DVD to SD $ 2.00
                03. Robots [WS] DVD to SD $ 2.00
                04. Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World [2 Discs] DVD to SD $ 2.00
                Credit: $ -5.99
                Subtotal: $ 8.00
                Tax: $ 0.00
                Total Cost: $ 13.99

                Comment


                  #38
                  Re: VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

                  Originally posted by LocN View Post
                  Thanks for using our service.

                  I think the TOC we read from the discs which came from Box Set/Collection are the same for entire collection. We will try to see what we can do from our end but if the DVD/BD were pressed to provide us the same info then we can't do much.

                  Please tell us which title in the list that you don't think it came from collection/box set.

                  Thanks,
                  LLN
                  Came from box set:
                  Austin Powers 2 (794043124648) - Came us Austin Powers 1
                  Austin Powers 3 (794043124631) - Came us Austin Powers 1
                  Matrix Reloaded (085391115281) - Came up as Matrix
                  Matrix Revolutions (085391115298) Came up as Matrix
                  Shrek 3 - Came up Shrek 1
                  Shrek 4 - Came up Shrek 1
                  Superman Anthology - Every disc comes up Superman Returns
                  The X Files: Fight the Future - Came up as The X-Files: I Want to Believe


                  Not from a box set:

                  Blade Trinity (794043157211) - Came us Blade 1
                  Die Hard 3 (024543482451) - Came up as Die Hard 1
                  Live Free or Die Hard (024543476368) - Came up as Die Hard 1
                  Scarface (025192103179) - Came up as DVD
                  Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Came up a Planet of the Apes (Mark Wahlberg)
                  Rambo 4 (031398232995) - Came up as Rambo: First Blood
                  Mission Impossible 2 (097361199245) - Came up as Mission Impossible
                  Mission Impossible 3 (097360829440) - Came up as Mission Impossible
                  Step Brothers (043396261129) - Came up with Unrated Version only available in SD
                  Stand by Me (043396263789) - Could not identify disk (typed name in box said they will get back to me)
                  Spiderman 2 - Came up as Spiderman 1
                  Uncle Buck (025192094095) - Could not identify disk (typed name in box said they will get back to me
                  Under Seige (012569828520) - Came up as Above the Law
                  Under Seige 2 (083929033546) - Came up as Above the Law
                  White Men Can't Jump (024543833253) - Came up as DVD
                  Wizard of Oz (883929087853) - Could not read disc
                  The Cable Guy (043396341913) - Could not identify disk (typed name in box said they will get back to me)
                  The Departed (085391117292) - Could not identify disk (typed name in box said they will get back to me)

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Re: VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

                    Originally posted by TrackZ View Post
                    I think this is a real serious issue and needs a solution fairly quickly. There are so many movies that are series and/or released as box sets. It is a serious flaw in the program for them to not be identified correctly. Hoping for a solution ASAP even if it has to be manual overrides or something.
                    I agree but this is a beta version. Meant to get all of kinks out. It will take some time.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Re: VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

                      These are the only Blu-rays I had problems with

                      Predator 2 (Displays Predator)

                      Star Trek Insurrection (Displays Star Trek Wrath of Kahn)
                      Star Trek Nemesis (Displays Star Trek Wrath of Kahn)

                      Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of The Ring Extended Edition Part One (Displays Fellowship of The Ring Standard Edition)
                      Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers Extended Edition Part One (Displays Fellowship of The Ring Standard Edition)
                      Lord of the Rings: Return of the King Extended Edition Part One (Displays Fellowship of The Ring Standard Edition)


                      Alien (Displays Theatrical only)
                      Aliens (Displays Alien: Resurrection Theatrical)
                      Alien 3 (Displays Alien: Resurrection Theatrical)
                      Alien: Resurrection (Displays Alien: Resurrection Theatrical only)

                      Limitless (Available but not through D2D at home or Walmart)


                      DVD Problems

                      Legend Directors Cut (Displays Theatrical only)

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Re: VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

                        Doesn't work for me on the Windows machine at all.

                        Just keep getting "Waiting for disc...Insert a disc at any time to continue."

                        It doesn't matter if it's a new disk, old one, UV lock, non UV locker, on D2D list, not on D2D list. Everything just keeps the drive spinning and message on screen.

                        Help !

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Re: VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

                          Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
                          Doesn't work for me on the Windows machine at all.

                          Just keep getting "Waiting for disc...Insert a disc at any time to continue."

                          It doesn't matter if it's a new disk, old one, UV lock, non UV locker, on D2D list, not on D2D list. Everything just keeps the drive spinning and message on screen.

                          Help !
                          Do you have more than one optical drive in your PC? I can see that as being a challenge to the software.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Re: VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

                            Originally posted by woodrowjr View Post
                            Came from box set:
                            Austin Powers 2 (794043124648) - Came us Austin Powers 1
                            Austin Powers 3 (794043124631) - Came us Austin Powers 1
                            Matrix Reloaded (085391115281) - Came up as Matrix
                            Matrix Revolutions (085391115298) Came up as Matrix
                            Shrek 3 - Came up Shrek 1
                            Shrek 4 - Came up Shrek 1
                            Superman Anthology - Every disc comes up Superman Returns
                            The X Files: Fight the Future - Came up as The X-Files: I Want to Believe


                            Not from a box set:

                            Blade Trinity (794043157211) - Came us Blade 1
                            Die Hard 3 (024543482451) - Came up as Die Hard 1
                            Live Free or Die Hard (024543476368) - Came up as Die Hard 1
                            Scarface (025192103179) - Came up as DVD
                            Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Came up a Planet of the Apes (Mark Wahlberg)
                            Rambo 4 (031398232995) - Came up as Rambo: First Blood
                            Mission Impossible 2 (097361199245) - Came up as Mission Impossible
                            Mission Impossible 3 (097360829440) - Came up as Mission Impossible
                            Step Brothers (043396261129) - Came up with Unrated Version only available in SD
                            Stand by Me (043396263789) - Could not identify disk (typed name in box said they will get back to me)
                            Spiderman 2 - Came up as Spiderman 1
                            Uncle Buck (025192094095) - Could not identify disk (typed name in box said they will get back to me
                            Under Seige (012569828520) - Came up as Above the Law
                            Under Seige 2 (083929033546) - Came up as Above the Law
                            White Men Can't Jump (024543833253) - Came up as DVD
                            Wizard of Oz (883929087853) - Could not read disc
                            The Cable Guy (043396341913) - Could not identify disk (typed name in box said they will get back to me)
                            The Departed (085391117292) - Could not identify disk (typed name in box said they will get back to me)
                            Thank you for the info. Please do use the option "Not my disc" and enter the real disc name. Over the time we will adapt those customer correction into our database.

                            LLN

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Re: VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

                              Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
                              Doesn't work for me on the Windows machine at all.

                              Just keep getting "Waiting for disc...Insert a disc at any time to continue."

                              It doesn't matter if it's a new disk, old one, UV lock, non UV locker, on D2D list, not on D2D list. Everything just keeps the drive spinning and message on screen.

                              Help !
                              First, please check to see if your drive is still functioning. You can check by insert the DVD and check the Explorer to see if you can see any Volume/VIDEO_TS folder ...

                              If the drive is not working, please replace the drive or fix the configuration, drivers ...

                              If it's working then you should restart the app, then switch the tab to "Disc To Digital". After that you can insert DVD/BD one at a time. Please be patient! The sequence for the process is the Windows must detect the drive then show the drive+volume. Once the Explorer can see the content of the DVD/BD then it's VUDU To Go's turn to read the TOC and communicate with out server to determine the content.

                              If windows can't see anything then VUDU To Go can't be used for DVD conversion.

                              LLN

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Re: VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

                                Originally posted by chnandler_bong View Post
                                Do you have more than one optical drive in your PC? I can see that as being a challenge to the software.
                                We do test with up to 2 drives in the system. Of course things can go crazy with timing but we do tell the drive name which we have issue with so you can correct/reinsert the media.

                                LLN

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X