Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

Okay, so, it seems like in the "upgrade" a bunch of people (everyone? Dunno...) lost their existing "recognized disc" queues? And when trying to re-add their discs are told the discs already exist in another cart?

I haven't tried adding any new discs, but I probably fall into this category, as after the "upgrade" my entire cart went missing. Given it was about $860 worth of product (and months of effort), I'd rather like to have it back in VUDU2Go as it should be.

Any thoughts on this? Win7 64-bit. Whatever the current version of VUDU2Go that came out today or recently is. 2.0.7, I think?

So, is there a resolution for this, somehow? Where do we go from here?

Comment

Originally posted by MGmirkin View Post
      So, is there a resolution for this, somehow? Where do we go from here?
      Just curious, but why would you leave them in your "cart queue" and not pay to convert them?
      Also, considering it's a beta program, I don't think it's all that unreasonable that carts get cleared routinely, or on version upgrades like this one. Sorry it happened to you and all -- I'd be ****ed too -- but I'm not sure Vudu's in "the wrong" here.

Comment

It seems like many of the trilogies are reading only the first in a series. Bourne trilogy, Mission Impossible Trilogy, to name two

Originally posted by SynapseDon View Post
        Figured it might be a good ideas to have a centralized thread where we could report our problems/issues with the new Beta rollout.

First, the good news. I tried a bunch of titles and had great results for HDX conversion, including:

PRIVATE PARTS (1972)
        POINT BLANK (1969)
        EARTHQUAKE
        VIRUS (Universal)
        VAMPIRES (John Carpenter)
        DEAD MEN DON'T WEAR PLAID
        MORE AMERICAN GRAFFITI
        HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER
        VIVA KNIEVEL!
        MAD MAX BEYOND THUNDERDOME
        THE GOLDEN CHILD
        YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES
        SERPICO
        STEALING BEAUTY
        TALK RADIO

Now the bad (sort of, for Vudu anyway): I put in my DVD of John Carpenter's 4-Movie Master of Fear Collection (Universal), hoping to convert VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED in the set. The disc read as THE THING (BLU-RAY) and offered to convert it for me for $2.00. Since I have THE THING on BLU anyway, I went ahead and did it, but the recognition was incorrect.

I tried (three times each) to do HDX conversions on the following titles, all of which are listed on Vudu's D2D program for eligibility:

THE PARALLAX VIEW
        THE EIGER SANCTION
        THE ICE PIRATES

All three of these discs came back multiple times with an errors that said something like "Error recognizing conversion format", and would not let me do them.

I put in the Warner disc of SINGLES (DVD), and I got a message that it could not be recognized. It asked me to manually input the title (which is also on the HDX list), and then said that they would "manually" research my title and, until I get an answer, I'm more than welcome to take it in to a Wal-Mart for conversion.

Just my .02 cents as a beta tester. Figured this thread could be a nice place to post any issues beta testers find. Maybe even make this a sticky thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Fofer View Post
          Just curious, but why would you leave them in your "cart queue" and not pay to convert them?
          Also, considering it's a beta program, I don't think it's all that unreasonable that carts get cleared routinely, or on version upgrades like this one. Sorry it happened to you and all -- I'd be ****ed too -- but I'm not sure Vudu's in "the wrong" here.
          I'm having this same issue too. I was in the process of trying to get all my movies converted at once and didn't have time to finish. Now half my movies are showing they are in another cart. I have contacted customer support on this issue and hope it gets resolved.

Comment

Not disagreeing about the emptying of the cart, but now Vudu2Go won't even recognize discs for me to put everything that was in my cart back in.

Comment

I received errors when trying to convert the following DVDs to HDX:

Dragnet
              Mr and Mrs Smith
              The Dark Crystal
              Seraphim Falls
              The Relic
              I, Robot

A number of Blu-Ray discs were unidentified or misidentified, though they are part of the Vudu library, including:

The Bourne Supremacy
              Ocean's Twelve
              Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone
              X-Men 2
              The Mummy Returns

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRacer2K View Post
                Not disagreeing about the emptying of the cart, but now Vudu2Go won't even recognize discs for me to put everything that was in my cart back in.
                Oh -- in that case, yes, that is seriously f'ed up, and they've gotta fix that. And I'm confident they will. Report it as a bug. That's what the beta program is for, after all...

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRacer2K View Post
                  This is a known issue and hopefully will be fixed ASAP (and your existing cart restored).

Comment

A few blu-rays were not recognized correctly, all of which were warner bros. box sets:

The Matrix Revolutions: came up as The Matrix Reloaded (but that one's not going to keep me up night)

LOTR Fellowship: came up as LOTR Two Towers

2001 a space odyssey: came up as Barry Lyndon (oddly enough also a Kubrick film)
                    (also, Firefly the complete series came up as Serenity, hmmm this was FOX release)

I'm guessing that there is a problem with Gracenote's video recognition tool?

Comment

I put in a few requests for discs that are available but weren't recognized by the D2D software. Does anyone know what the turn-around time is like on these requests? The movies are Ghostbusters, The Italian Job (2003) and Never Back Down, for those interested.

Comment

I just downloaded the program, and have tried over a dozen verified titles, and so far not a single one has worked. I keep getting the message:

"There was an error reading this disk. You may take this disc to the nearest Walmart store for instant conversion"

Is this an issue on my end? Should I keep trying different disc?

Thanks for any help!

Comment

Originally posted by vanton619 View Post
                          I put in a few requests for discs that are available but weren't recognized by the D2D software. Does anyone know what the turn-around time is like on these requests? The movies are Ghostbusters, The Italian Job (2003) and Never Back Down, for those interested.
                          I've been waiting months in some cases. Who can say on go forward basis if it's better, same, etc.

Comment

I get this error when I try to install the Vudu to go software

The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Comment

I converted about 20 DVD's yesterday with v2.0.6 before I received a request for the software update to v2.0.7. Same problem as others, in that every DVD that use to be recognized (which I had not converted) says it can't be read. Not good on the tail of an open beta phase announcement.

I tried to re-install the old version (since I had the file), but it simply states to upgrade on the Disc-to-Digital page, and won't detect discs. Hope this gets fixed soon, like today/tomorrow!

Comment

Dirty Harry 4 Disc collection Blu-ray
                                Dirty Harry
                                Magnum Force
                                The Enforcer
                                Sudden Impact

All show up as "The Dead Pool"...which isn't even in the package.

Comment

Working...
                                X