Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

Here's a very odd one.

Will Smith Ultimate Collection (DVD)

Seven Pounds: Unable to Identify Disc (Manually verify)
    Pursuit of Happyness: Identifies as Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans- Not available for D2D
    Hancock/Hitch: Identifies as Evil Under The Sun 1982- Not available for D2D

Very odd identifications.

Comment

On the last five bluray discs I've tried with the Vudu at Home program the titles identify correctly, but they identify as DVDs, not bluray discs.
      • The Bourne Identity
      • The Bourne Supermacy
      • The Bourne Ultimatum
      • Conan the Barbarian (1982)
      • Conan the Destroyer (1984)

How does that happen??
      I've never noticed this before with any of the previous builds of V@H: D2D...

Comment

Originally posted by Mercman View Post
        On the last five bluray discs I've tried with the Vudu at Home program the titles identify correctly, but they identify as DVDs, not bluray discs.
        • The Bourne Identity
        • The Bourne Supermacy
        • The Bourne Ultimatum

How does that happen??
        I had 3 of those that identified as DVD's and not blu-ray even though they were blu-rays. The 3 were:

Trapped
        Lethal Weapon 3
        Mimic 2

I went ahead and paid the $5.00 at the Walmart store anyway just to be done with it. I also had a fourth identify correctly as blu-ray (Alien 3) but still charge me $5.00 instead of the $2.00. I called support and they gave me a credit of $3.00. I no longer have any movies to convert as they are not available or are only available in SD.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercman View Post
          • The Bourne Identity
          • The Bourne Supermacy
          • The Bourne Ultimatum

How does that happen??

Top Gun, MIB 2 & Rum Diary Blu-Ray and would only recognize as DVD but didn't mind paying extra while the 50% sale is still on incase later there was any stuff ups. I do have a problem with Conan the Destroyer Blu-Ray only being recognized as Barbarian.

These disc's I recently bought didn't recognize which are d2d home compatible, I can't make it into Walmart to do these either:

Unforgiven
          Any which way you can (NVM, I can upgrade the HDX via the DVD)
          Arhtur 1 & 2 (1 disc)
          Salt
          Hancock
          Event Horizon
          Wall Street (1987) (recognized as Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps)
          The Omen (2006)
          Ice Age 1 & 2
          Karate Kid (Remake recognized as 1984 original)
          Wanted

Still trouble with:
          Transformers (recognized as Revenge of the Fallen)

Comment

More blu-rays identified as dvd:

Days of Thunder
            Anchorman: Legend of Ron Burgundy
            The Neverending Story
            Mission Impossible
            48 Hrs
            Footloose (1984)
            Eagle Eye

Comment

I was able to convert these last night.

01. The Marine - Unrated [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              02. Underworld [WS] [Special Edition] DVD to SD $ 1.00
              03. Underworld: Rise of the Lycans DVD to SD $ 1.00
              04. Underworld: Evolution [P&S] DVD to SD $ 1.00
              05. Gothika [P&S] DVD to SD $ 1.00
              06. A Perfect Getaway (Unrated Director's Cut) DVD to SD $ 1.00
              07. Entrapment DVD to SD $ 1.00
              08. Ever After: A Cinderella Story [WS/P&S] DVD to SD $ 1.00
              09. Thirteen Ghosts DVD to SD $ 1.00
              10. Primal Fear DVD to SD $ 1.00
              11. Bruce Almighty [WS] DVD to SD $ 1.00
              12. Peacemaker DVD to SD $ 1.00
              13. Steel Magnolias DVD to SD $ 1.00
              14. Babylon A.D. [Special Edition] [Unrated] [2 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              15. Drive Angry [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              16. Untraceable [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              17. The Next Three Days [2 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              18. Alpha and Omega [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              19. The Happening [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              20. Just Go With It [2 Discs] [Blu-ray/DVD] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              21. Eagle Eye [Blu-ray] DVD to SD $ 1.00-Showed up as DVD even though I own the BD
              22. U-571 [Blu-ray] DVD to SD $ 1.00-Showed up as DVD even though I own the BD
              23. Street Kings [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              24. Universal Soldier: Regeneration [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              25. Green Zone [2 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              26. Death at a Funeral [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              27. Aeon Flux [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              28. Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              29. Armored [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              30. Cop Land [Collector's Series] [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              31. The Crow [2 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              32. Inception [2 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray/DVD] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              33. Madagascar [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              34. Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa [WS] [2 Discs] [Blu-ray/DVD] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              35. Red [Special Edition] [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              36. Grown Ups [2 Discs] [Blu-ray/DVD] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              37. Ice Age [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              38. Ice Age: The Meltdown [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              39. Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs [4 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [3D] [Blu-ray/DVD] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              40. Executive Decision [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              41. Deep Blue Sea [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              42. The Replacement Killers [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              43. High Crimes [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              44. Edward Scissorhands [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              45. 88 Minutes [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              46. The Tree of Life [Blu-ray/DVD] [Includes Digital Copy] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              47. First Sunday [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              48. Bangkok Dangerous [2 Discs] [Special Edition] [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              49. Contact [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              50. Dazed and Confused [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              51. American Beauty [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              52. Hook [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              53. Stand by Me [Blu-ray] DVD to SD $ 1.00-Showed up as DVD even though I own the BD
              54. Wyatt Earp [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              55. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              56. Natural Born Killers [Unrated] [Director's Cut] [Blu-ray] BLURAY to SD $ 1.00-Showed up as DVD even though I own the BD
              57. 50/50 [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              58. Das Boot [Director's Cut] [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              59. The Fifth Element [Blu-ray] DVD to SD $ 1.00-Showed up as DVD even though I own the BD
              60. Ocean's Eleven [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              61. Ocean's Thirteen [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              62. Born to Be Wild [3D] [4 Discs] [Includes Digital Copy] [UltraViolet] [3D] [Blu-ray/DVD] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00
              63. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen [Blu-ray] BLURAY to HDX $ 1.00

Comment

I don't see anything new on this list...

Comment

On June 8, 2013 I converted my first batch of Blu-ray discs and ran into the issues listed below. I reported the issue to VUDU Support at that time (Incident 130608-000033). I also reported the issue to Gracenote. I have tried a couple of times since then, most recently this morning, and I continue to experience the same issues. I am just hoping that some progress will be made to resolve these issues.

The Bourne Supremacy Blu-ray disc identified as The Bourne Identity.

The Bourne Ultimatum Blu-ray disc identified as The Bourne Identity.

The Fellowship of the Ring: Extended Edition Blu-ray identified as both The Fellowship of the Ring and The Return of the King; HDX version of The Fellowship of the Ring priced at $5.00.

The Two Towers: Extended Edition Blu-ray identified as both The Fellowship of the Ring and The Return of the King.

The Return of the King: Extended Edition Blu-ray identified as both The Fellowship of the Ring and The Return of the King, HDX version of The Return of the King priced at $5.00.

Comment

I tried adding the DVD of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (Extended Version) and it's being misidentified as Robin Hood: Most Wanted Edition - DVD - 1973.

I show the following information in the bar code area on the box of the the DVD of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (Extended Version).

ISBN: 0-7907-7378-3
                    UPC: 085392378029

This was reported back in post #221 as well but it has not been corrected: https://forum.vudu.com/showthread.ph...01#post1151501

Here's the image directly from the disc to digital search site:

I reported it via the VUDU To Go Disc To Digital option as well.

Can you please correct this. I wanted to take advantage of the 50% off deal.

Thanks!

Comment

So all my problems are from the DVD versions of films.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone doesn't register at all.

Street Fighter says it needs to be manually verified.

Inception says it needs to be manually verified.

All three extended versions of The Lord of the Rings say they need to be manually verified.

Anyone know how long it usually takes to manually verify these? Also, how do I get notified? Email? Whenever I log in to the Disc to Digital at Home?

Comment

Ugh, I was hoping to convert my Robin Hood as well. Definitely report it in via an official ticket through the Support tab on the website, because we know those at least get officially logged..

Comment

Has anyone been able to convert the DVDs for the following movies into HDX recently?

1) Carnage
                          2) The Sessions
                          3) A Separation
                          4) Meet Joe Black - came up as the Jackal

The first three discs threw a "Unable to identify" error when I checked a week ago.

Comment

Saw (4 Pack DVD). All work except part 1. It reads as Saw 6.

Comment

Went to Best Buy today to use some reward certs. Not much d2d luck. 3 of my 4 purchases did not work with Vudu 2 Go.

State Of Play: Blu Ray reads as DVD (Code redeemed HDX though)
                              The Ring: Blu Ray needs to manually verify
                              Murder In the First: Blu ray. There was a Problem verifying the disc.

Comment

Tried to convert the following:

The conspirator (Blu-Ray) - could not identify the disc

Transformers (Blu-ray) - incorrectly identifies as Transformers Revenge of the Fallen

Comment

Working...
                                X