Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

Originally posted by Rudymedina1 View Post
    Tried to convert the following:

The conspirator (Blu-Ray) - could not identify the disc

Transformers (Blu-ray) - incorrectly identifies as Transformers Revenge of the Fallen
    This was happening on so many movies (48 to be exact) for me that I finally ended up going to Walmart for the conversion. I know I didn't get the 50% off but I'm also not having to worry about inserting every one of the discs into my blu-ray drive to see if it's going to work or not.

Comment

How does this manually verified thing work? Is it just another way of saying that its not going to happen?

Comment

Originally posted by samdalous View Post
        How does this manually verified thing work? Is it just another way of saying that its not going to happen?
        I think we won't know until they are out of Beta. Maybe some kind of announcement at the end of the month or Sept 1 (or Sept 3 because of the holiday weekend).

Comment

Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
          I think we won't know until they are out of Beta. Maybe some kind of announcement at the end of the month or Sept 1 (or Sept 3 because of the holiday weekend).
          Don't hold your breath as we're still waiting on the MGM announcement that was supposed to happen in the spring.

Comment

Yup, I just tried both the discs of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (Extended) and both discs are recognized as the Disney version.

Comment

Originally posted by pghflyer View Post
              Yup, I just tried both the discs of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (Extended) and both discs are recognized as the Disney version.
              When you say the Disney version, do you mean the animated one that was just released on Blu-Ray? If so, that would be a VERY interesting development. It'd be the first time I've heard of a Disney movie popping up AT ALL through D2D. You may have accidentally stumbled on big news.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow316 View Post
                When you say the Disney version, do you mean the animated one that was just released on Blu-Ray? If so, that would be a VERY interesting development. It'd be the first time I've heard of a Disney movie popping up AT ALL through D2D. You may have accidentally stumbled on big news.
                I'll go dig out my DVD and double-check on this later, if somebody doesn't beat me to it...

From memory, I do seem to recall that the title of the movie it matched was Robin Hood (Most Wanted), which it does appear is an old Disney movie. However, I believe the cover art shown (and possibly the year as well) matches The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938), which is Warner Bros.

Comment

Yeah, it definitely said Most Wanted Edition...and said it wasn't eligible for D2D. No cover art was shown for me, and I don't recall the year (if any).

Comment

Originally posted by pghflyer View Post
                    Yeah, it definitely said Most Wanted Edition...and said it wasn't eligible for D2D. No cover art was shown for me, and I don't recall the year (if any).
                    Yup, that's what I'm seeing now too. Maybe I'm mistaken and it never showed any cover art or else something's changed since last time I checked on this disc (which was awhile ago).

Comment

Mad Max
                      Not Eligible for D2D, Given

The Road Warrior
                      Not Recognized

Mad Mad Beyond Thunderdome
                      Not Recognized

Comedy Double Feature - Funny Farm / Spies Like Us
                      Not Recognized

Matrix Revolutions
                      Wrongly recognized as Matrix Reloaded. No way to report it in D2D

Vegas Vacation
                      Not Recognized

Alien3
                      Wrongly recognized as Alien (Theatrical). No way to report it in D2D

Alien Resurrection

Aliens

Dirty Harry
                      Wrongly recognized as The Dead Pool. No way to report it in D2D

Magnum Force

The Enforcer

Sudden Impact

Batman (1989)
                      Wrongly recognized as DVD instead of Blu-Ray. No way to report it in D2D

Batman & Robin
                      Wrongly recognized as DVD instead of Blu-Ray. No way to report it in D2D

Comment

Originally posted by jjohns View Post
                        I'll go dig out my DVD and double-check on this later, if somebody doesn't beat me to it...

From memory, I do seem to recall that the title of the movie it matched was Robin Hood (Most Wanted), which it does appear is an old Disney movie. However, I believe the cover art shown (and possibly the year as well) matches The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938), which is Warner Bros.
                        Ok, had to be sure. You never know when you may stumble onto something before it's announced

Comment

I was able to convert 13 of the 14 movies (DVDs) in the Alfred Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection. For Psycho, however, I get the message:

Multiple matching movies detected
                          Select the movie you would like to convert

Unfortunately, none of the movies listed is Psycho. They are the 14 movies included in the collection, minus Psycho, with The Man Who Knew Too Much listed twice.

Comment

I know people have reported Night Watch (Nochnoi Dozor) before, but I hadn't seen this mentioned: I have the disc with the UPC 024543237488, one double-sided disc inside. VuduToGo tells me "This disc 'Night Watch - DVD - 2005' is not eligible for Disc to Digital conversion.", but Night Watch (2006) is listed as being available for D2D. I submitted it as "Not my disc", because as far as I know there was only one "Night Watch" movie.

Comment

Fast Times at Ridgemont High BLU RAY is identified as BLU RAY in the title, but the D2D@Home app classifies it as a DVD, and charges for the conversion as if it's a DVD.

I have more than 10 items in my cart currently, so these prices have the 50% off discount already applied:

Comment

Originally posted by Fofer View Post
                                Fast Times at Ridgemont High BLU RAY is identified as BLU RAY in the title, but the D2D@Home app classifies it as a DVD, and charges for the conversion as if it's a DVD.

I have more than 10 items in my cart currently, so these prices have the 50% off discount already applied:

The important thing is that it states that it is recognized as a Blu-Ray. Select SD instead at regular price and when ready, check-out. After checkout and you have paid for the title it will be in your My Movies. Go to your Account and create a New Case for Vudu Customer Service. State that you did D2D with the app, you uses a BD, it recognized as BD, but added as SD, take a photo of the SD and attached to the case. Ask them nicely to change the title from SD to HDX as it should have been and thank them in advance.

This has been mentioned several times. I've done it personally a half dozen time and Vudu has always fixed it in a day or two with no issues.

You used a BD, it recognized and logged as BD, you paid for BD. It's not as issue.

If you select HDX and then ask for a refund it's more complicated for them to do, especially with multiple titles. Just do SD and ask them do update it to HDX.

Comment

Working...
                                X