Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glitch!

Okay, so I currently have a $300+ order pending. I'll get around to purchasing when I have some money after pay day.

But I'm encountering a glitch...

So, There were a few titles I had added as DVDs and specified to upgrade to HDX, I believe. I subsequently bought the Blu-Ray and recognized several of them that way. However, now when I look at my cart it says SD under def rather than HDX. What gives?

In particular, I'm trying to re-add Ice Age: The Meltdown. I've tried completely deleting it and re-adding it, but it continues to list SD as the definition even though on the recognition screen the button says HDX. I can't seem to get it to fix itself.

Basically, I'm wanting to do what I was already doing, convert to HDX UV, just paying the $2/ea rather than $5/ea for converting from Blu rather than from DVD.

Is there anyway to fix this via update rather than me having to completely discard the entire order and re-add everything? Which would be a pain in the hindquarters?

Anyway, it seems like maybe somehow it's not completely deleting out the record but somehow disabling and re-enabling it or something? Dunno...

Thx,
    ~MG

Comment

Re: VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

Same thing with Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole.

I originally added as DVD upgrade to HDX I believe. I've deleted out the original copy in the cart @ checkout. Closed VUDU2GO, logged of, logged back on, opened VUDU2GO, re-added, Owls, and it shows in the cart as having been detected as DVD and as being Def=SD rather than def=HDX, even though the disc I put in was blu-ray and the button I clicked said HDX.

Moreover, it's not added to the END of the list after being deleted & re-added, it's added back at its original numeric position on the list, hence my notion that somehow it's just deactivating and reactivating the same record, rather than deleting the entry and re-creating it with new values?

This needs fixin'.

Comment

Originally posted by swiss21 View Post
        I just got a new BD drive specifically to convert my BDs and so far 22 don't work.
        I'm having probably the better part of a 50% error rate either "disc is ineligible for Disc2Digital," in many cases even though the title on the VUDU website shows the UV icon, so it's pretty clear the rights are available. That or the "error verifying disc, please try again later or contact customer support" or some such.

Is VUDU2GO logging error discs to try to put together a list of reasonably certain "correct" titles, given how many error reports are presented on a specific disc or set? That is if there's a significant number of folks reporting the same disc the same way, shouldn't it get fixed more easily, since there's a pretty good idea what the disc SHOULD be read as, since everyone's saying so?

Also, we really need some kind of better system for Theatrical+Unrated/Extended/Director's Cut discs. Only recognizing as one or the other haphazardly is a terrible solution. I kind of don't care if I have to pay $4 to convert both the theatrical+Unrated, but I'd like the option. Personally, I think there should be some kind of "Bundle" available for those where we get the Unrated / DC, and the Theatrical gets "thrown in" or we get some kind of buy one, get the other half off ($3 instead of $4, etc?)...

Comment

Originally posted by tbdave View Post
          I have a couple that didn't work. All of them said, "This disc is not eligible for Disc to Digital, please insert another disc or try again later."

Insidious (Blu-ray 2010)
          Deep Blue Sea (Blu-ray 1999)
          Ghost Ship (Blu-ray 2002)
          Really? I'm pretty sure I have converted all 3 into my library (love Insidious! Deep Blue Sea is decent too...). Don't know if I have a different version than you, or something, of the discs?

Comment

Re: VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs? SOUND PROBLEMS??

Originally posted by mpack View Post
            I strongly believe that VUDU should not be calling something HDX if they don't at least have a sound track that equals what is available on DVD.
            You do realize that SD, HD, HDX refer to visual resolution, right? Not audio quality... If it's 1080i/1080p video then it's HDX. If it's 720i/720P, it's HD, if it's less than that (480p?) it's SD.

Sound quality has nothing to do with whether or not it's "SD/HD/HDX" those are strictly video resolutions. As long as the video quality matches the moniker, they're perfectly within their rights to call the video what it is resolution-wise.

Clearly we all hope for the best audio quality to go along with the video quality, but one assumes they do the best the studios will allow... Hopefully it will get better over time.

Best,
            ~MG

Comment

Originally posted by MGmirkin View Post
              Really? I'm pretty sure I have converted all 3 into my library (love Insidious! Deep Blue Sea is decent too...). Don't know if I have a different version than you, or something, of the discs?
              I couldn't do them at home. Had to take them in to Wal-Mart. But that went pretty smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
                I would LOVE to be able to get multiple version for the same $2 but I don't thats feasible on Vudu's part.

I know I wasn't thrilled when I bought Blues Brother and Universal gave me one version (only one, no choice) in SD for free and Vudu didn't give me a choice and I ended up with the other version (no choice) for another $2.

You should be able to select the specific version at least, or have an option to any or all versions at $2 each.
                Honestly, I'd be fine with the latter ($2/title for theatrical + unrated) so long as it RECOGNIZES both from a disc that has both on it. I'd prefer to simply have a "bundle" set or something come up or split the difference (2 movies/$3)?

But, if it's a matter of paying an extra $2 to get the unrated or an extra $2 to get the theatrical version too, I could live with that. Right now, for most titles it just seems haphazard which of the two it recognizes theatrical/DC/unrated/etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Blurayfan View Post
                  Some of the titles that you list are not eligible and the program is correct. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Terminator 1 and 2.
                  Seems weird that the first and last would work but the middle one wouldn't.

Now, just as an aside, if it says "not eligible," what EXACTLY does that mean? Does it mean "Not CURRENTLY eligible, but maybe in the future" or "This disc can't be converted, ever, period?"

Wouldn't mind slightly clearer verbiage. Like "not yet UV-approved, please check back later" or "this disc/set is ineligible for conversion, please use a different disc/set if you wish to convert this movie."

Right now the wording seems slightly ambiguous. Is it a PERMANENT ERROR or a TRANSIENT ERROR until the studio clears the rights for UV distribution?

Thx
                  ~MG

Comment

Originally posted by MGmirkin View Post
                    Seems weird that the first and last would work but the middle one wouldn't.

Now, just as an aside, if it says "not eligible," what EXACTLY does that mean? Does it mean "Not CURRENTLY eligible, but maybe in the future" or "This disc can't be converted, ever, period?"

Wouldn't mind slightly clearer verbiage. Like "not yet UV-approved, please check back later" or "this disc/set is ineligible for conversion, please use a different disc/set if you wish to convert this movie."

Right now the wording seems slightly ambiguous. Is it a PERMANENT ERROR or a TRANSIENT ERROR until the studio clears the rights for UV distribution?

Thx
                    ~MG
                    The message is the title is currently not eligible. VUDU would update the database if the studio ever decides to allow conversion through Disc to Digital. This has happened to other titles already. Night at the Museum series only allowed part 1 conversion for some time, recently the studio green lit part 2 and an update was done to reflect that change.

Comment

I have a couple that didn't work. All of them said, "This disc is not eligible for Disc to Digital, please insert another disc or try again later."

Insidious (Blu-ray 2010)
                      Deep Blue Sea (Blu-ray 1999)
                      Ghost Ship (Blu-ray 2002)
                      I just tried Deep Blue Sea and Ghost Ship (already converted Insidious), Deep Blue Sea worked but Ghost ship did not.

Deep Blue Sea (Blu-ray) [UPC: 8-83929-11867-0]
                      Ghost Ship (Blu-ray) [UPC: 8-83929-06656-8]

Unfortunately, there is no way to tell if the app is correctly identifying the disc since it just gives the generic message and there is NO "Not my disc" link.

This disc is not eligible for Disc to Digital, please insert another disc or try again later.

Comment

Originally posted by rdodolak View Post
                        I just tried Deep Blue Sea and Ghost Ship (already converted Insidious), Deep Blue Sea worked but Ghost ship did not.

Deep Blue Sea (Blu-ray) [UPC: 8-83929-11867-0]
                        Hmm. My UPC is the same. Just tried it again, and I'm still getting the "This disc is not eligible..." message.

I had to take a bunch of movies to Wal-Mart yesterday, because I couldn't get them to work at home.

Alien 1-4 (all identified as "Alien: Theatrical")
                        Deep Blue Sea (This disc is not eligible...)
                        Event Horizon (This disc is not eligible...)
                        Ghost Ship (This disc is not eligible...)
                        I Know What You Did Last Summer (identified as "I Still Know...")
                        Insidious (This disc is not eligible...)
                        The Mummy Returns (identified as The Mummy 3)
                        Starship Troopers (This disc is not eligible...)
                        Trick 'r Treat (This disc is not eligible...)
                        Urban Legends: Final Cut DVD (There was a problem while verifying this disc...)
                        John Carpenter's Vampires DVD (There was a problem while verifying this disc...)

Comment

Hmm. My UPC is the same. Just tried it again, and I'm still getting the "This disc is not eligible..." message.
                          Just to be sure, my copy has the following number underneath the bar code; 3000031029

The disc ids on the inner ring are:

(417049) 7000036572 01E
                          (417050) 7000036572 01E

File dates on the disc are 5/7/2010 and 5/8/2010.

I picked up my copy from BBY when it was an exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by rdodolak View Post
                            Just to be sure, my copy has the following number underneath the bar code; 3000031029

The disc ids on the inner ring are:

(417049) 7000036572 01E
                            (417050) 7000036572 01E
                            These numbers are all the same on my disc. I can't find the file dates, not sure where they're located. I think I got mine from Best Buy too.

Comment

These numbers are all the same on my disc. I can't find the file dates, not sure where they're located. I think I got mine from Best Buy too.
                              To find the file dates you'll need to insert the disc into the Blu-ray drive and view the file structure of the disc. However, it sounds like you have the same disc.

This makes me wonder why different people are getting different results for the same disc.

Comment

Here's a couple more problem blu-rays:

Identity (2003) - identified as The Exorcism of Emily Rose
                                Godzilla (1998) - "This disc is not eligible..."

Comment

Working...
                                X