Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VUDU AT HOME: DISC-TO-DIGITAL Bugs?

Originally posted by ybloc View Post
    How often is the VuduToGo database updated?

Last time I went through my BD collection only about 20-25% were recognized (when it was launched). Want to go through them again but don't want to waste several hours if nothing has changed.
    I don't think it's changed at all. If it wasn't recognized before, it's not going to be recognized now. I gave up on those and just went to the store even though it's twice as much.

Comment

I tried the Tropic Thunder (Unrated edition) Blu-ray last night.

It was recognized but said it's not available for disc to digital. What's funny is that in the past I've gotten the option to get the theatrical version but nothing this time. (And the theatrical is available)

Comment

Eye for an Eye DVD 1996 comes up as a different version of it. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by Rudymedina1 View Post
          I tried the Tropic Thunder (Unrated edition) Blu-ray last night.

It was recognized but said it's not available for disc to digital. What's funny is that in the past I've gotten the option to get the theatrical version but nothing this time. (And the theatrical is available)

What I find interesting is a chunk of titles that were on D2D and Vudu that were not working on D2D are no longer on Vudu (as of recently) so they really don't work now and in some case's it look's like they've dropped off D2D all together.

As an example Shrek 1 always worked. 2,3, & 4 never seemed to work on D2D except in store. The other problem was that 3 was absent from Vudu for a long time. Then 3 appeared out of no where and we had all four movies. Now 2 and 3 are both gone and only 1 and 4 are on Vudu even though all 4 are still on D2D but all 4 come up as movie 1 still if you try doing it at home.

I don't recall an issue of titles that disappeared off D2D list but there was some, I SWEAR !

Comment

Aliens (from box set) is showing up as alien theatrical.
            X2: X-men United is showing up as X-Men: The last stand
            Blazing saddles is showing up but reading it as a DVD when it is blu ray.

All Blu rays.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit444 View Post
              Aliens (from box set) is showing up as alien theatrical.
              X2: X-men United is showing up as X-Men: The last stand
              Blazing saddles is showing up but reading it as a DVD when it is blu ray.

All Blu rays.
              Yep, been that way for many, many, many months. I try them over and over every so often. Helps to just check the list instead of trying all the disc only to see they don't work.

Comment

Speed 2 DVD (Cat No. 2004399 with UPC 024543043997) shows up as Pleasantville DVD

Comment

Recently encountered issues with using Disc-To-Digital while attempting to add the two movies below

Aliens - system matched it to the first Movie Alien, suspect the name of the Second movie was close enough and did not ask me which one I was trying to add. Got the option while adding the Die Hard Movies. That helped but still was annoying that it did it in the first place.

Same issue with Mission Impossible 2 except it matched it to Mission Impossible 3 and just like Aliens it did not provide any way to tell the system which movie it was.

Been finding various movies which have been indicating that they are not eligible at this time. I would need to go through all of them and list them before posting. Most of them are Disney which I have noticed they are now using Vudu for digital copies. I like having them both in ITunes and on Vudu, however will select Vudu only because I can actually watch them anywhere there is a PC/Laptop or tablet that connects to the Internet.

Comment

Star Trek Next Generation Movies (all) bluray do not recognize
                    The Mummy Returns bluray comes up as the 3 mummy movie
                    Jurrasic Park Bluray, does not recognize
                    Jurassic Park 3 Bluray, does not recognize
                    RepoMen Bluray, does not recognize
                    Taken 2 bluray, does not recognize
                    Wrath of the Titans, does not recognize
                    Red Riding Hood, does not recognize

I reported each title through vudu at home as well.

Comment

Originally posted by fadetonite View Post
                      Star Trek Next Generation Movies (all) bluray do not recognize
                      The Mummy Returns bluray comes up as the 3 mummy movie
                      Jurrasic Park Bluray, does not recognize
                      Jurassic Park 3 Bluray, does not recognize
                      RepoMen Bluray, does not recognize
                      Taken 2 bluray, does not recognize
                      Wrath of the Titans, does not recognize
                      Red Riding Hood, does not recognize

I reported each title through vudu at home as well.
                      Jurassic Park, none of them are on D2D.

The rest are indeed errors.

Comment

I have converted several hundred DVDs and Blu-Rays and Here are some errors and observations I have encountered:

DVDs:

Generally a problem with 2 sided DVDs ( I think I only had 1 successfully read). They all give the error message "Problem while Verifying this disc"

As Good As It Gets
                        The Freshman
                        The Girl Next Door
                        The Last Of the Mohicans
                        Madeline
                        Mouse Hunt
                        Stepmom

Blu-Rays:

Many Different Issues so I will list the ones that I encountered grouped by error.

Reads Wrong Title (Happens often within Bundles or Collections):

Alexander (Part of the 300 / Troy / Alexander Revisited Pack)
                        Die Hard (Die Hard Collection)
                        Die Hard 2: Die Harder (Die Hard Collection)
                        Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (Part of Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection)
                        Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (Part of Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection)
                        Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (Part of Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection)
                        Star Trek: The Motion Picture (Part of Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection)
                        The Godfather: Part III (The Godfather Collection)

Won't Read Disc

The Eye

"problem while verifying this disc"

True Grit

"Unable to Identify Disk"

The Ghost Writer

I have reported all of these as cases in Vudu support, but thought I'd share these here as well. Overall seems to be getting a little bit better as a lot of the other errors have cleared up.

Z

Comment

Hi, new member here. I'm in the process of converting (or attempting to anyway) my about 200 title blu-ray collection to Vudu/UV. Here are the bugs, annoyances and other I've found...UPDATE: now I have completed going through my collection. I was able to convert about 115 titles online.

Disclaimer: This is NOT a complaint besides for the hope it helps Vudu recognize and fix these issues where possible. This is a great service they provide.

Not recognized or wrong title:
                          FIXED- Aliens - recognized as Alien
                          Army of Darkness (Screwhead Edition) - not recognized
                          Bloodsport/Timecop - not recognized
                          Boondock Saints - recognized as Live Free or Die Hard
                          Pitch Black - recognized as Chronicles of Riddick
                          FIXED- Die Hard - recognized as Live Free or Die Hard
                          FIXED- Die Hard 2: Die Harder - recognized as Live Free or Die Hard
                          Eyes Wide Shut - recognized as Barry Lyndon
                          Firefly(show) - recognized as Serenity
                          Full Metal Jacket - recognized as Barry Lyndon
                          Ghostbusters - not recognized
                          Godfather 3 - recognized as Godfather 1
                          Last Man Standing/The Last Boy Scout - not recognized
                          The Jackal (combo disc) - not recognized
                          Iron Sky - not recognized
                          Planet Earth BBC - not recognized
                          MiB 1 - recognized as MiB 3 and not eligible
                          Indiana Jones (all) - not recognized
                          The Matrix Revolutions - recognized as either Matrix 1 or 2
                          The Animatrix - recognized as either Matrix 1 or 2
                          FIXED - Taken - recognized as The Marine
                          Stargate: Continuum - not recognized
                          Underworld: Rise of the Lycans - recognized as Underworld DVD
                          Star Trek I-VI & Generations, Insurrection, Nemesis - all recognized as Star Trek IV (yet First Contact is recognized properly)
                          Lord of the Rings (all) - no Extended Cut and recognized as DVDs

Blu-rays recognized as DVD:
                          American History X
                          Batman Begins
                          Braveheart (Sapphire Series)
                          Chronicles of Riddick
                          Clear and Present Danger
                          Constantine
                          The Departed
                          The Fifth Element
                          The Godfather 1 & 2
                          Goodfellas
                          Hellboy 2
                          Hunt for the Red October
                          The Legend of Zorro
                          The Matrix
                          The Patriot
                          Patriot Games
                          Blazing Saddles
                          V for Vendetta
                          Unforgiven
                          U-571
                          Transformers
                          Underworld

Misc annoyances:
                          FIXED- Alien and Aliens - only theatrical available
                          Kingdom of Heaven - recognized properly but no Director's Cut
                          Troy - recognized properly but no Director's Cut
                          FIXED- Watchmen - recognized properly but no Director's Cut
                          The Lives of Others - recognized properly but SD only
                          We Were Soldiers - recognized properly but SD only

Comment

Batman - blu ray reads as a DVD.
                            Lord of the rings - extended edition set (blu ray) - each reads as DVD, but completely wrong. They all give you the choice of either Fellowship of the Ring or Return of the King theatrical DVDs. Really quite odd.

Comment

I apologize if this has already been mentioned but figured I would share just in case. I just finished going through my list of discs which weren't working with Vudu-to-Go and the following 12 titles are now recognized correctly within the app:
                              • Alien: Resurrection [Alien Anthology (Blu-ray)]
                              • Alien3 [Alien Anthology (Blu-ray)]
                              • Fast and the Furious, The: Tokyo Drift (Blu-ray)
                              • Lethal Weapon [Lethal Weapon Collection (Blu-ray)]
                              • Lethal Weapon 2 [Lethal Weapon Collection (Blu-ray)]
                              • Lethal Weapon 3 [Lethal Weapon Collection (Blu-ray)]
                              • Lethal Weapon 4 [Lethal Weapon Collection (Blu-ray)]
                              • One, The
                              • Shrek 2 [Shrek: The Whole Story (Blu-ray)]
                              • Shrek Forever After [Shrek: The Whole Story (Blu-ray)]
                              • Jumper (2008)
                              • I, Robot (2004)

The Lethal Weapon, Alien Anthology, and Shrek: The Whole Story box sets prompt the user with multiple matches (every movie from the box set is shown) where the user can select the correct title. The One is only available in SD.

Comment

X2: X-men United blu-ray identifies correctly now, too.
                                Transformers (first one) blu-ray identifies correctly, but as dvd.

Comment

Working...
                                X