atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Ultraviolet movies: Vudu verses CinemaNow

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Ultraviolet movies: Vudu verses CinemaNow

    Here on Vudu there are many Paramount movies that have the UV logo in the listing. The same Paramount titles on CinemaNow do not have the UV logo in the listing.

    I thought if a movie is Ultraviolet enabled it is UV for all services, not exclusively just here on Vudu.

    Either Vudu does indeed have an exclusivity deal to offer Paramount UV titles (which doesn't make sense to me) or CinemaNow never got the memo from Paramount stating some of the movies are now UV enabled. The other possibility is that CinemaNow is oblivious and simply did not bother to update its internal database to reflect the Paramount films that are now UV.

    What do you guys think? Why are some Paramount movies UV on Vudu, but not UV on CinemaNow?

    #2
    Re: Ultraviolet movies: Vudu verses CinemaNow

    Originally posted by nycomet View Post
    Here on Vudu there are many Paramount movies that have the UV logo in the listing. The same Paramount titles on CinemaNow do not have the UV logo in the listing.

    I thought if a movie is Ultraviolet enabled it is UV for all services, not exclusively just here on Vudu.

    Either Vudu does indeed have an exclusivity deal to offer Paramount UV titles (which doesn't make sense to me) or CinemaNow never got the memo from Paramount stating some of the movies are now UV enabled. The other possibility is that CinemaNow is oblivious and simply did not bother to update its internal database to reflect the Paramount films that are now UV.

    What do you guys think? Why are some Paramount movies UV on Vudu, but not UV on CinemaNow?
    Hey Comet, What is really weird is that the Paramount movies that I own load on the iPhone app with UV labels . The iPhone app is the only place my CinemaNow movies load.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Ultraviolet movies: Vudu verses CinemaNow

      Originally posted by nycomet View Post
      What do you guys think? Why are some Paramount movies UV on Vudu, but not UV on CinemaNow?
      Licensing issues, as each content provider (studio, distributor, etc.) has their own contracts with each seller.

      Flixster, for example, didn't have the rights to stream Paramount films over UV until a couply of months ago, which is why I was hesitant to convert many Paramount films at first.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Ultraviolet movies: Vudu verses CinemaNow

        Originally posted by nycomet View Post
        Here on Vudu there are many Paramount movies that have the UV logo in the listing. The same Paramount titles on CinemaNow do not have the UV logo in the listing.
        ...
        What do you guys think? Why are some Paramount movies UV on Vudu, but not UV on CinemaNow?
        That sort of annomaly can be more localized...for instance the Jurassic Park triple play was available in HDX (and if memory serves UV enabled), but the individual films were only available SD within Vudu.

        It is certainly an oddity to see a "UV" title available from a service, only it not be UV enabled.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Ultraviolet movies: Vudu verses CinemaNow

          Back to the Future Part II and III are UV on VUDU but not CinemaNow


          Gladiator also

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Ultraviolet movies: Vudu verses CinemaNow

            Originally posted by ohmsy View Post
            Back to the Future Part II and III are UV on VUDU but not CinemaNow :rolleyes
            Back to the Future Psrt II and III are listed as UV on CinemaNow if you already have them in your UV account.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Ultraviolet movies: Vudu verses CinemaNow

              Originally posted by Blurayfan View Post
              Back to the Future Psrt II and III are listed as UV on CinemaNow if you already have them in your UV account.
              I just bought Part II off CinemaNow and it didn't go to my locker

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Ultraviolet movies: Vudu verses CinemaNow

                Originally posted by ohmsy View Post
                I just bought Part II off CinemaNow and it didn't go to my locker
                I would submit an inquiry to support. I own all three films purchased from Vudu and I can play or download them on CinemaNow, even in their iPhone app.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Ultraviolet movies: Vudu verses CinemaNow

                  Tried said nothing they could do.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Ultraviolet movies: Vudu verses CinemaNow

                    I haven't been able to access my CinemaNow movies that I bought for over 4 months now. I would advise to stay away from that garbage of a streamer.

                    Their response to me demanding a refund: "We cannot do that, your case has already been escalated".

                    Oh really? It's been escalated for over 3 months with no update. I don't know what the problem would be (I feel it's because I own too many movies in my UV locker), but I would stay FAR AWAY from CinemaNow. It's way too broken for me...

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Ultraviolet movies: Vudu verses CinemaNow

                      Originally posted by craiggers88 View Post
                      I haven't been able to access my CinemaNow movies that I bought for over 4 months now. I would advise to stay away from that garbage of a streamer.

                      Their response to me demanding a refund: "We cannot do that, your case has already been escalated".

                      Oh really? It's been escalated for over 3 months with no update. I don't know what the problem would be (I feel it's because I own too many movies in my UV locker), but I would stay FAR AWAY from CinemaNow. It's way too broken for me...
                      Ya, I am only buying movies that are UV.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Ultraviolet movies: Vudu verses CinemaNow

                        The Last Exorcism s on sale for $4.95 for SD, and Amelia is there for $6.95 on Cinema Now, if anyone is interested.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Ultraviolet movies: Vudu verses CinemaNow

                          Originally posted by Fred65 View Post
                          The Last Exorcism s on sale for $4.95 for SD, and Amelia is there for $6.95 on Cinema Now, if anyone is interested.
                          They also have dirty dancing for $1.99 sd.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X