Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Disney Ultraviolet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney Ultraviolet

http://www.ign.com/movies/wreck-it-ralph/blu-ray-152017

tell me that i'm seeing ultraviolet listed on that.

Here is an ebay listing that lists it as uv too

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WRECK-IT-RAL...-/160957738164

Re: Disney Ultraviolet

Here is the image from Wreck-It Ralph (Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy as listed on Amazon.

Comment

Probably like titanic, it has uv on the title too but it never was.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfloy03 View Post
        Probably like titanic, it has uv on the title too but it never was.
        I wish Disney would join UltraViolet already, that way all the major studios would be supporting it. Maybe then it will have more retailers offering UV support (Amazon, Apple, etc.).

Comment

Their website is less than useful when it comes to what location the digital copy is redeemable on:

http://disney.go.com/wreck-it-ralph/...deo/hd-digital

But it does say "pre-order: Amazon Instant or iTunes"

Comment

If Disney starts releasing UV films, all I can tell you is I'm going to be spending a lot of money at Vudu! I doubt they are ready yet though. Disney has high standards when it comes to their product. It maybe another year before they jump in. First, UV needs to be available on more devices. The common file format needs to be available everywhere. More retailers need to be offering it, with apps on more platforms. More titles from the current studio's need to be avialable. The quality control needs to be better. The number of users needs to double or triple. Ultraviolet needs to start getting some good reviews in the entertainment/tech media. If all those are met, then we could see Disney Join by next year's CES.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfloy03 View Post
              http://www.ign.com/movies/wreck-it-ralph/blu-ray-152017

tell me that i'm seeing ultraviolet listed on that.

Here is an ebay listing that lists it as uv too

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WRECK-IT-RAL...-/160957738164
              Why do they do torture us like that Lol!!! I hope they join it would be awesome and just like everyone else here I would be forking out some cash

Comment

I don't want to rain on everyone's parade here, but with about a month to go until the release of Wreck-It Ralph, you'd think Disney would have announced by now that they are joining UV. Disney doesn't wait until the last minute to make major announcements (like they're joining UV.) Let's face it, if they were joining that would be BIG news, and another major PR splash for Disney. I want them to join as much as everyone else does, but I agree with the other poster in saying they are probably at least a year away from doing so.

Keep in mind, I will be extremely happy if I end up being wrong on this

Comment

Did any one else get the ad banner for SKYFALL when you clicked on the IGN link ?

Look what they are calling digital copy.
                  Digital HD or DHD

Now when that page loads for the Disney Wreck it Ralph it lists there being a HD Digital. Maybe that will be a UV copy. Maybe that's just the iTunes digital copy?

Comment

Originally posted by ydkjman View Post
                    Did any one else get the ad banner for SKYFALL when you clicked on the IGN link ?

Look what they are calling digital copy.
                    Digital HD or DHD

Now when that page loads for the Disney Wreck it Ralph it lists there being a HD Digital. Maybe that will be a UV copy. Maybe that's just the iTunes digital copy?
                    I did a quick Google search and found that they used the same HD Digital description when talking about the Peter Pan release. That's out now, and is not UV. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Disney's digital copies typically SD from their discs? When they say HD Digital, I think they're just giving their customers the option to forgo buying the disc all together and just get an HD digital copy.

Comment

...remember that it was Disney who ended the blue ray / HD-DVD debate. If Disney goes UV instead of keychest, that will be that. UV will be the standard.

The trend is clear. I think it just a matter of time before the folks at Disney get religion.

I too have a backlog of titles waiting for disk-to-digital conversion with the Disney logo on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
                        ...remember that it was Disney who ended the blue ray / HD-DVD debate. If Disney goes UV instead of keychest, that will be that. UV will be the standard.

The trend is clear. I think it just a matter of time before the folks at Disney get religion.

I too have a backlog of titles waiting for disk-to-digital conversion with the Disney logo on them.
                        Actually, Warner dealt the killing blow to HD-DVD. But I do agree that Disney needs to get on board. I don't see why they wouldn't, except for an ill advised notion of having their own digital copy service. UV and ITunes are the standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Kocheese99 View Post
                          Actually, Warner dealt the killing blow to HD-DVD. But I do agree that Disney needs to get on board. I don't see why they wouldn't, except for an ill advised notion of having their own digital copy service. UV and ITunes are the standard.
                          Disney was only with Blu-ray since day one. Yeah as big as Disney is Warner still calls the shots in the industry. Disney will have to join eventually.

Comment

Disney will most likely go itunes because of the Steve Jobs / Pixar connections. I hope they don't but disney like apple are control freaks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruinit View Post
                              Disney will most likely go itunes because of the Steve Jobs / Pixar connections. I hope they don't but disney like apple are control freaks!
                              First off iTunes is not a format. iTunes is a digital media service just like Vudu, CinemaNow, Xbox Live, Amazon Video, PSN, etc. Ultraviolet is a format, just like, Blu-ray, DVD, VHS & Betamax. Second Disney already goes iTunes because their movies are available in iTunes right now, as well as the services I previously mentioned. Sure Disney could keep with the status quo but until they adopt the ONLY digital media format their sales of digital will suffer because of lack of interoperability. Once Amazon, Xbox, and Playstation add Ultraviolet support, and they will, Disney won't be able to ignore it. Also I have heard statements from Disney executives stating they are interested in sharing a common digital media format with the other studios, which only leaves one choice. My guess is once Disney joins, they won't offer their movies, or at least very few through D2D on Vudu/Flixster/CinemaNow, but will have their own service where you can upgrade your registered Disney titles to Ultraviolet for a higher price, similar to how Disney movies online worked.

Comment

Working...
                              X