Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

I wish I could convert my Blu-rays, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I could convert my Blu-rays, but...

I finally decided to buy this external Blu-ray drive because apparently it works fine with Macs and PCs. Well, after struggling with UDP drivers and other crap, I finally have it recognizing Blu-ray discs on my old XP machine, but neither Vudu nor CinemaNow D2D seem to see it. Here's a screenshot with the messages and the disc showing in Explorer. The "Waiting for disc" never seemed to go away or change...unless I put a DVD in the internal F: optical drive.

Anyone got any ideas? I know this is still beta, but I'm willing to test and experiment. (And when this is released, I'm sure I won't be the only one with an older computer and an external Blu-ray drive.)

Re: I wish I could convert my Blu-rays, but...

Max,

I filed a bug, i may need some additional information. I will keep you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielH View Post
      Max,

I filed a bug, i may need some additional information. I will keep you posted.
      Thanks, Daniel. I know this isn't exactly typical, but for both selfish and altruistic reasons I'd love to help get this fixed!

Comment

This is just an idea... but I saw something similar when using an external DVD drive... though caveat it was on a Mac running Windows in a VM. At first I had this same issue (I think the software was only looking at the "virtual" drive D: and not the external drive E: ) - I disabled the virtual drive and rebooted the VM with the external drive plugged in and it then came up as D: and worked fine.

Made me think the issue is the detection software is not scanning all drives, just the first optical drive it finds. So, if you can figure out how to make the external drive letter come before the internal, that may do it.

Comment

No, it's not the drive letters, I tried swapping them around. Strangely enough, both Vudu and CinemaNow recognize DVDs in this drive as-is. But even though the volume name can now be read for Blu-rays, I think there's still some issue with it recognizing Blu-rays. I'm starting to wonder if I should return the drive.

Comment

Hi,
            I don't think the Cinemanow disc to digital works with BluRay discs unless there has been a recent upgrade I am not aware of.

Comment

Hey mate,

Is the drive powered externally while scanning the blus? did it come with any power adapter? Some guy on amazon had trouble with bd's on this drive if not powered externally.

Comment

Sounds like a problem with the UDP drivers...I remember having to jump through hoops to get an internal BD drive to work in XP...had to get Xbox360 HD-DVD drivers and maybe mess around in the registry to get mine working...no problems in Win 7 though.

Have you tried playing a BD Disc/can you see the directory structure in explorer?

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Ghost View Post
                  Hi,
                  I don't think the Cinemanow disc to digital works with BluRay discs unless there has been a recent upgrade I am not aware of.
                  Well, I knew there was no $2 for HD with CinemaNow, but I wasn't sure if it could still recognize the disc.

Originally posted by Woodoo4Vudu View Post
                  Hey mate,

Is the drive powered externally while scanning the blus? did it come with any power adapter? Some guy on amazon had trouble with bd's on this drive if not powered externally.
                  Yes, I'm keeping the external power (also USB) plugged in.

Originally posted by Speedaddict81 View Post
                  Hi,
                  Have you tried playing a BD Disc/can you see the directory structure in explorer?
                  I'll check; at this point I was just ecstatic to have it recognize that it was a disc at all, much less showing the volume name.

Comment

cinemanow doesn't support bluray yet

Comment

I am having the same issue. My VUDU To Go program recognizes DVDs from my HP BD335 internal blu ray player fine. However, as soon as I put in a Blu Ray movie, it continuously scans for the Blu Ray movie. Power DVD 10 pops up and will try to play the movie, but the program won't find the disc. I am also running XP SP 3. Maybe XP is the common thread and VUDU To Go won't work for Blu Ray using an XP machine? Any ideas on how to fix?

Comment

I haven't been able to get any of my Blu-ray discs recognized either.

I think it must be a driver issue as XP sees my Blu-ray drive as a "CD" drive.

DVDs work fine and are recognized via the Vudu app, but when I put a Blu-ray in, i get one of 2 things -- either it says:

"This disc is not eligible for Disg to Digital, please insert another disc or try again later" (but I know the disc is eligible and others have posted a successful conversion)

or if I click add disc I just get the spinning green circle with the "Waiting for disc..." text.

I figure the app will work properly if I move it to a win7 or win8 pc though.

Comment

Hmmm, good theory...I should bring this portable Blu-ray drive into work, where I have a Windows 7 PC, and see if that works.

Comment

I am having the same problem. Disc to Digital is not recognizing my external BD drive. I get the message "Waiting for disc ...", and then the application waits forever. Meanwhile, the Blue-ray disc spins up and CyberLink PowerDVD 10 begins to play the Blu-ray movie. I have an external portable Blu-ray player/burner plugged into an externally powered USB 2.0 Hub connected to a Dell laptop running Windows XP SP3. In Windows Explorer, the Blu-ray drive shows up as "DVD-RAM Drive E:".

Comment

There must be some piece of information the vudu to go app is looking for that our Blu-ray drives are not passing on somehow, be it a windows issue or driver issue. Apparently it is working for some users though.

I didn't feel like going to walmart to convert 2 Blu-ray's so I just used the DVD version instead even though it was more expensive

Comment

Working...
                              X