Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Walt Disney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walt Disney

I would hate to be working in the Walt Disney Company's KeyChest division. If I were, I would be dusting off my resume.

sited quote from Wikipedia UltraViolet article.
    In 2012 Disney CEO Bob Iger said Disney had not ruled out UltraViolet but were taking a "wait-and-see approach" and that it was too early to make conclusions."

LINK:

CLICK HERE

I would give it no more then 1 year. Seems like they are the last holdout and I am sure they see the writing on the wall by now.

Re: Walt Disney

Hate to break it to you, but that's old news, and has been discussed before. For the new people reading this forum though, I think they pretty much abandoned their keychest idea. There was also a DisneyMoviesOnline website that was closed in December. Now they have another similar idea called Disney All Access. Oh wait, that was abandoned too. Now it's called DisneyMoviesAnywhere.com

Comment

I hadn't seen that before, so it's good news to me!

Comment

Originally posted by echopulse View Post
        Hate to break it to you, but that's old news, and has been discussed before. For the new people reading this forum though, I think they pretty much abandoned their keychest idea. There was also a DisneyMoviesOnline website that was closed in December. Now they have another similar idea called Disney All Access. Oh wait, that was abandoned too. Now it's called DisneyMoviesAnywhere.com
        I think that www.DisneyMoviesAnywhere.com site has been around for a good while and nothing has really changed on it since it went live. It still says coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by ydkjman View Post
          I think that www.DisneyMoviesAnywhere.com site has been around for a good while and nothing has really changed on it since it went live. It still says coming soon
          There is a prominent add for it at the begining of their recently released/rereleased titles (such as finding Nemo).

Comment

Originally posted by Speedaddict81 View Post
            There is a prominent add for it at the begining of their recently released/rereleased titles (such as finding Nemo).
            If I remember right I think TRON: Legacy had the same ad.

Comment

Hopefully, DisneyMoviesAnywhere.com -- when it finally goes live -- will be an announcement that Disney Movies are available as Ultraviolet.

Comment

Originally posted by nycomet View Post
                Hopefully, DisneyMoviesAnywhere.com -- when it finally goes live -- will be an announcement that Disney Movies are available as Ultraviolet.
                Two thumbs up for that one nycomet

Comment

I hope you are right with Disney, but I have doubts. For instance, look at the Twilight movies. On March 2 when the movie is released, only Twilight and the Breaking Dawn movies are going to be UV, according to bluray.com. What about the other two movies? It is like they are playing games. You keep hearing via the grapevine that more studios are coming on board, but since the home D2D has been released, we have not seen another movie become D2D. Me thinks, as Popeye would say, something is fishy here, but that is just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred65 View Post
                    I hope you are right with Disney, but I have doubts. For instance, look at the Twilight movies. On March 2 when the movie is released, only Twilight and the Breaking Dawn movies are going to be UV, according to bluray.com. What about the other two movies? It is like they are playing games. You keep hearing via the grapevine that more studios are coming on board, but since the home D2D has been released, we have not seen another movie become D2D. Me thinks, as Popeye would say, something is fishy here, but that is just my opinion.
                    I think it is too early to make a decision either way. Just as a consumer is apprehensive, so too are the studios. UV is a new format plain and simple, it will take time. When blu-ray was new, all the studios didn't just release all of their titles onto the format, hell we just got Indiana Jones last year.

I am impatient just like the next guy but lets be real there is progress here. Home d2d is a big step, a huge step imo.

I also wonder why all the films in a series are not released, ie shrek and x-men. I wonder if the studios are testing whether consumers will just buy the movie again at full price to complete their collection.

Comment

I just saw a bunch I had been waiting on show up new in the D2D service.

Here is just my list of Blue Ray I had laying around waiting that I brought in to convert into D2D last week.

None were previously able to be converted. They were just recently added.

1) 3:10 to Yuma (Lionsgate)
                      2) Gone Baby Gone (Miramax)
                      3) Stir of Echoes (Lionsgate)

Comment

Originally posted by ydkjman View Post
                        Two thumbs up for that one nycomet
                        ...and again, I would hate to have my paycheck be coming from the payroll of KeyChest. If so, I would estimate I only have about 26 more coming, at most.

Comment

Originally posted by woodrowjr View Post
                          I think it is too early to make a decision either way. Just as a consumer is apprehensive, so too are the studios. UV is a new format plain and simple, it will take time. When blu-ray was new, all the studios didn't just release all of their titles onto the format, hell we just got Indiana Jones last year.

I am impatient just like the next guy but lets be real there is progress here. Home d2d is a big step, a huge step imo.

I also wonder why all the films in a series are not released, ie shrek and x-men. I wonder if the studios are testing whether consumers will just buy the movie again at full price to complete their collection.
                          Well said!

BR vs HD-DVD was put to bed when Disney landed exclusivly BR. My father-in-law still has his HD-DVD player. X-Box too is only HD-DVD. No HD-DVD titles to play in them now. Gotta use a PS-3 or BR player to get HD on your flatscreen via store bought media. Still, I think in Q1-2013 we are at a point to be able to call this game as having been won by UV. 4th quarter, 2 minutes on the clock, UV=62, KeyChest=3 with UV driving for another score in the red zone.

BTW, it bothers me to no end that X-Men 2 is not available, but X-Men 1 & X-Men 3 is. Arrgh!!!! I have those three parked until #2 becomes available.

There is a technical effort needed to bring a title to the UV system. That is a small capital investment needed and as a business decision, it takes time to choose what titles to sink the capital into. As the streaming of purchased content picks up steam, the studios will eventually get around to all their titles.

Comment

There's been a ton of new movies. There's been several new release titles in the last few weeks I got that only game with digital iTunes and no Vudu or UV. I was doing some D2D tonight and thought I would check to see if they were on there expecting to be disappointed and bamm, there they were to my pleasant surprise.

Comment

The new movies that you are referring to were available fore the home
                              d2d was released, I'm sorry to say. That is the reason you see everyone on the forum waiting for each new Tuesday to come around. They are all waiting like myself, I may add, to get the MGM titles that were supposed to be part of the release. I go through all of my remaining movies each Tuesday morning hoping for something to pop, but nothing is happening. Now we are almost three weeks in, and people still aren't able to convert a lot of their titles due to bugs, but if I'm wrong, please feel free to show me where.
                              I don't like to complain either, I just want to improve my collection.

Now that the rant is over, I would like to give Vudu the praise it deserves. To have the ability to store our movies in the cloud is tremendous. My DVD collection was getting rather large and taking up alot of room. I had taken them out of the packaging and put them in CD cases, and that was still a problem, but now all I have to do is turn on my player, and they are there, at my fingertips. The wife is happy with the fact that she is recoving space in the house, so that means everyone is happy. Needless to say there are great advantages to this, I just wish it could be a little better like everyone else. My opinion on Disney is simple, as long as they keep putting the Marvel movies out, and they keep making wheel barrels full of money, they will do as they please. They know the public is going to get the movie any way they can.

Comment

Working...
                              X