Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

issues using disc to digital coupons at walmart...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

issues using disc to digital coupons at walmart...

So I have been using anywhere from 10-20 coupons at a time as I have a ton of coupons. My friends and family all buy their movies at Walmart but they don't use the program so they give the coupons to me.

Today when I went in to one store the manager said he had to talk to someone and came back a few minutes later saying they would do it as a courtesy but after this there will be a limit on how many coupons you can use. He said they were trying to find out from vudu if there was a limit.

Now from the fine print on the coupons I see nothing that says you can only use X amount per transaction. Only thing it says is 1 per purchase meaning one per title on your list.

Am I understanding this correctly? I wish Walmart would train their employees including the managers better. Especially considering I was dealing with the department manager today.

Re: issues using disc to digital coupons at walmart...

I'm pretty sure that most Wal-Marts make this stuff up as they go because they have no clue as to how it's supposed to work.

Specifically, the first time I tried to use one of these coupons they told me that the coupons were only for use with certain titles, with one of them being the title the coupon came on.

I came unglued because the title that specific coupon came on was Jaws, which came with an Ultraviolet copy and is not eligible for D2D.

They ended up giving me the $2 off, but they weren't happy about it.

The interpretation they gave you at least makes sense... Just have them break up the list into several different orders so that each gets to have a coupon.

Comment

I have only found these coupons once (because I buy most of my movies from Amazon) and there were two of them together. Walmart wouldn't let me use both of them at the same time. They said that there is a "limit of 1 per purchase". I had to ask the lady to tear off my second coupon and give it back to me because she was going to keep it.

Next time I will go in with one D2D list per coupon.

Meanwhile, another guy is tearing the place up looking for their stamp because he kept saying we have to stamp the disks before they can leave. The whole time I am saying you don't have a disk, I was here a month ago when they threw it out. After 400+ movies you want to start stamping my movies? Good luck with that. Who's gonna stamp those movies I do at home with Vudu To Go?

Comment

Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
        I have only found these coupons once (because I buy most of my movies from Amazon) and there were two of them together. Walmart wouldn't let me use both of them at the same time. They said that there is a "limit of 1 per purchase". I had to ask the lady to tear off my second coupon and give it back to me because she was going to keep it.

Next time I will go in with one D2D list per coupon.

Meanwhile, another guy is tearing the place up looking for their stamp because he kept saying we have to stamp the disks before they can leave. The whole time I am saying you don't have a disk, I was here a month ago when they threw it out. After 400+ movies you want to start stamping my movies? Good luck with that. Who's gonna stamp those movies I do at home with Vudu To Go?
        There's a reason I pay a bit more to get from places where I don't have to deal with these types of problems. It's worth it to me just to get better customer service. I've gotten to that point.

Comment

The Walmart vudu coupon system is screwy

One time a coupon would be basically a buy one get one while another be a just a $2 off 1 copy.

Also can somebody from vudu send a notice to Waltemart corp. Telling them those stamps are no longer needed and that elmer ray/ niwitesha/ lo to stop freaking out about stamping the bloody disc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdaddykyler View Post
            Also can somebody from vudu send a notice to Waltemart corp. Telling them those stamps are no longer needed and that elmer ray/ niwitesha/ lo to stop freaking out about stamping the bloody disc.
            I agree that Walmart should change the policy to where you don't stamp the discs anymore. Both Walmarts that I have gone to do D2D never have stamped my discs.

Comment

Walmart lets me use ONLY one $2 couple per D2D transaction. No exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by nycomet View Post
                Walmart lets me use ONLY one $2 couple per D2D transaction. No exceptions.
                You could do multiple transactions in one trip to Walmart just to annoy the photo person.

Comment

so you can only use 4 dollars per transaction

Comment

I have argued this over and over with just aout every manager there is at my local Wal=mart, I ONCE was able to use 40 dollars in coupons at once, but it took 3 hours of my life I'll never get back....

Comment

Sorry to resurrect a dormant thread, but I'd like to add my recent experience to this record.

I have quite a few coupons, the little ones that come in pairs and expire 12/31/2013. EVERY SINGLE TIME I've used them in the past they don't scan, with the register saying that it's not compatible with the item I'm buying (or something similar) and so EVERY SINGLE TIME the D2D "artist" I'm dealing with has had to manually key in every coupon as a generic $2 off coupon.

Earlier this week I went in the store to do four movies, and of course the coupons wouldn't work, so the lady tried to enter them manually and the register stopped her in her tracks. Apparently there is a new policy in effect at Walmart corporate-wide that prevents them from entering coupons in manually. So basically I'm using a coupon that hasn't expired yet, that I can only get at Walmart for a service that Walmart owns, and the coupons don't scan and so they say they can't take them. An assistant manager came buy to witness my problem, and she said that she would look in to the problem and would call me back when she finds out an answer.

IF I ever hear from her, I'll update this thread with her findings. This is me crossing my fingers.

Comment

Weird. I've never had a problem using them. They've even taken more than one at time (which the coupons say you can't do). How are they scanning them for you guys who they don't work for? They used the handheld scanner when running mine.

Comment

Here is what their computer prints out after they can the bar code for my D2D order and attempt to scan the coupon:

The coupon you are attempting to use does not match the items that were sold.

I had four coupons that I used and each time it took between 15 and 30 minutes to check out at WalMart. I had to wait for a CSM to come to the photo lab and let them examine the coupon and ask what Vudu Disc-to-Digial service is and then they finally do some kind of override so I can get my $2.00 off (we can only use one coupon per transaction).

Why give out coupons on new DVDs if you are not going to honor them? The second time around I had to walk out to the DVD section and grab a new DVD with one of these coupons and take it to the CSM and show it to her. After I asked her why they would sell a DVD with the coupon on the front (one of the reasons I bought the DVDs) she finally agreed with me and did the override.

I am not sure why the message says that the coupon doesn't match the "items"...technically we're buying a service and not so much an item.

I have used these coupons in the past with no problem, but it's been several months ago.

Comment

Recently Walmart's system has been updated with a new software that validates a coupon with the item and it knows based on that funky looking bar code (not the upc looking one) even if the coupon is expired as well as if it matches the correct item being bought.

Every one is correct, all of us that still have those coupons and use them, the coupon does match what we are buying, the digital conversion. So we should still be able to use the coupon. The update in the system just didn't catch that bar code to match the D2D service.

Heck even before this update, I had some that wouldn't scan. So LuzRinggold, it sounds like this might be the first time using one of the coupons since the update. All the photo associate needs to do is key it in as a vendor coupon and you'll be good to go. But doing that will flag a CSM to come over.

Comment

Originally posted by ydkjman View Post
                              Recently Walmart's system has been updated with a new software that validates a coupon with the item and it knows based on that funky looking bar code (not the upc looking one) even if the coupon is expired as well as if it matches the correct item being bought.
                              Where I work (not Walmart) we starting to go to that system because of coupon fraud and stupid cashiers taking coupons for brands we don't sell at all. Walmart needs to match all of the eligible UPC for each coupon. Then problem would be solved.

Comment

Working...
                              X