Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

New Wal-Mart releases with UV codes inside not all work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Wal-Mart releases with UV codes inside not all work

I was at walmart yesterday and saw a bunch of titles carrying UV codes inside of them. And for 7.88 a title I couldn't pass them up

However, when getting home, I could only redeem one of the seven titles I bought.

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
    - said to redeem from VUDU but there is no redemption page for it. So I need help with that one!!!

The rest are Universal titles that said I had to redeem on their site but I kept getting a "Sorry, this Digital Copy is not available in your region" message. I have reached out to Universal and am awaiting an answer. So till they help me, maybe VUDU can help let me redeem rough them? Here are the Universal titles...
    - The Thing (1982)
    - Army of Darkness
    - Dune
    - 12 Monkeys
    - Conan the Barbarian
    - Conan the Destroyer

There were other titles availabkembut I cannot remember them all. But here is what I do remember having UV codes....

- Beetlejuice
    - Assault on Princint 13 (new version)
    - Ninja Assassin
    - Sucker Punch
    - Inside Man
    - Charlotte's Web
    - Face/Off
    - The Jackal/Mercury Rising combo (only a UV code for Jackal)
    - Constantine (this code worked for me rough VUDU)

Any help would be appreciated on the the titles that I bought.

Thanks

Re: New Wal-Mart releases with UV codes inside not all work

Did you try vudu.com/digitalcopy for Willy wonka.

Not sure if itll work but worth a shot before playing around with CS.

Comment

just tried it there, and no it still didn't work.

Comment

We are having the same problem. And when we try to redeem through the Flixster option it does not work, either. The Bodyguard on Flixster says that it is not even available yet. We bought several movies, some Blu-Ray and some DVD.

We bought:

Next
        Firefox/Heartbreak Ridge
        The Bodyguard

And several other titles. Hopefully, a VUDU rep will respond.

Comment

Some codes can be redeemed at http://www.vudu.com/digitalcopy.

If this site does not work, you'll need to send me a PM with your codes and email address included. Or, you can create a case a http://support.vudu.com after browsing one FAQ article.

Comment

Bought American Gangster and Dune this morning and the codes don't work.

Comment

Still does not work. How do we send you a pm? I do not wish to open a case if possible since it seems to take forever to just get a response.

Comment

Wal-Mart seems to having issues lately.

I got The Cold Light of Day which stated to include Digital Copy & UltraViolet copies inside.

When I opened it up there was only the Blu-Ray. Neither the store, walmart.com, vudu, UltraViolet or the studio would assist in providing the digital copies. All said is one the other person's problem. Nice.

The store wouldn't take it back since it was opened, and because the digital codes were not inside. They also couldn't exchange "as defective" as they didn't have an Blu-Ray only DVD, which they wouldn't open to give me the code.

Wal-Mart.Com would take it back but wanted me to pay shipping and suggested I should had signature required and insurance. All this even though it wasn't my fault.

In the end Wal-Mart agreed to a 60% refund and I kept the disc without digital copies.

It was a nightmare and a lot of running around in car, through email, and on phone.

I'd had problems with UV before but at least I always had the code. If the slip is missing from the case I guess it's a real problem for the buyer.

Comment

I'm also having issues with those $7.88 Universal titles from Wal-Mart... The codes for "The Last Starfighter" and "Army of Darkness" didn't work. I had been thinking about going back for "American Gangster" and a few others, but I won't bother unless they straighten things out.

Comment

I purchased Robin Hood at WalMart also and the code for that movie doesn't work either no matter where I try it. I put in a support ticket with Universal but have not heard back from them.

Comment

I purchased Face/Off and I'm running into the same issue as everyone else. I noticed on the insert that the expiration date is 3/11/15. I know with a lot of new releases, the code works from [release date] to [release date + 2 or 3 years]. Maybe these weren't supposed to hit shelves until 3/11/13 and that is when the codes will start working...?

Comment

Originally posted by DGAGNE11 View Post
                        I purchased Robin Hood at WalMart also and the code for that movie doesn't work either no matter where I try it. I put in a support ticket with Universal but have not heard back from them.
                        Universal is horrible about responses. I've seen it take one or two weeks for any response in many cases.

An another note I had a problem with Paramount which they resolved almost live with back and forth emails with no delay. Funny part was they sent another email a week later to resolve even though it had been closed a week ealier.

Comment

Originally posted by vanton619 View Post
                          I purchased Face/Off and I'm running into the same issue as everyone else. I noticed on the insert that the expiration date is 3/11/15. I know with a lot of new releases, the code works from [release date] to [release date + 2 or 3 years]. Maybe these weren't supposed to hit shelves until 3/11/13 and that is when the codes will start working...?
                          Maybe as that is the date walmart start resetting their entire video modulars.

Comment

I think it is possible. My husband and I noticed the same thing with the dates. I know when we tried The Bodyguard on Flixster, it said not available until like 3/12/13 or something like that. So maybe in a cpl of weeks they will start working. I hope so because we bought a lot of DVDs and Blu-Rays Friday night and now we are just "staring" at the codes, unable to redeem them.

Comment

The big question for me is whether they redeem in HD or not? The sticker, as always, says standard definition in the terms. If I'm going to watch a movie, I'd like to watch it in HD, and some of the titles are not available on D2D, so I couldn't upgrade them either.

I picked up a few this morning as well, I guess I'll sit on them for a couple weeks before opening.

I picked up:
                              • Blazing Saddles (currently N/A on disc2digital)
                              • Charlotte's Web
                              • Firefox / Heartbreak Ridge (Clint Eastwood double feature)

Comment

Working...
                              X