Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

New Wal-Mart releases with UV codes inside not all work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Wal-Mart releases with UV codes inside not all work

It seems like a few of the titles went up for sale before the promotions were scheduled to launch. Our apologies for an inconvenience caused. Most if not all should now be live.

Comment

Originally posted by robdua View Post
      Just like you, I was having problems with redeeming IP MAN as well. I bought it last Monday, and opened up a case with VUDU Customer Service last Tuesday, who insisted I send them an photo of the redemption sticker as they didn't know(?!) about IP MAN having a VUDU bonus copy with it. Since I received NO RESPONSE from Customer Service after that, and after reading your post, I thought I'd try redeeming it again, and it redeemed just fine.....in SD. I mean, the sticker that the redemption code came on proudly states on the front, in an attractive logo: VUDU HD MOVIES.
      Our apologies for the lack of a response on this case. It seems that some stores sold the movie before the promotion launched. As for the quality redeemed, the studio does determine what quality we're allowed to hand out with a physical copy.

Originally posted by robdua View Post
      I still have 3 movies that vanished unexplained from MY MOVIES library, after being listed there for several months, and VUDU CS insists there is nothing they can do about it.

After looking over your case history, there really is nothing we can do on our side(other than inform the company you redeemed the movie with). The three movies in question were assigned an incorrect ALID, or were possible changed at some point. I can understand the frustration involved, however, keep in mind that we cannot be responsible for incorrect data used on another service. If we had the incorrect ALID in place for a movie you redeemed or purchased on VUDU, the movie wouldn't be able to transfer to your other linked services either. If we have a mistake in place, we're happy to correct the issue, but as i said, this isn't a case we can fix on our side.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
        My local one doesn't either. No $7.88 bin. No defined blu-ray section. Limited selection, but big section. Always tons of blank spaces. Poorly maintained. The next one, twice the distance is a 180 degree story, it's not even a nicer area. Totally weird.
        I live in a pretty large town and the 3 Walmart's closest to me are all the same. You can find $7.88 blu-rays on website but no way of knowing if you will get a vudu code or not I wouldn't even care if some of them weren't UV yet I would buy them just to get the VUDU copy! It's a shame VUDU doesn't put some non UV titles on sale for around that price. I would pick up some of the MGM titles for sure, I'm just not going to pay $15+ dollars for something I already own on Blu-ray

example = Terminator

Comment

Originally posted by DanielH View Post
          Our apologies for the lack of a response on this case. It seems that some stores sold the movie before the promotion launched. As for the quality redeemed, the studio does determine what quality we're allowed to hand out with a physical copy.

After looking over your case history, there really is nothing we can do on our side(other than inform the company you redeemed the movie with). The three movies in question were assigned an incorrect ALID, or were possible changed at some point. I can understand the frustration involved, however, keep in mind that we cannot be responsible for incorrect data used on another service. If we had the incorrect ALID in place for a movie you redeemed or purchased on VUDU, the movie wouldn't be able to transfer to your other linked services either. If we have a mistake in place, we're happy to correct the issue, but as i said, this isn't a case we can fix on our side.
          Dan, thank you so much for getting back to me on both problems. I truly appreciate the customer service. I will take your advice and try to contact the studios of the three movies, and try to get them to correct the ALID so that I can have all of my films in one place, in my VUDU Library.

Comment

I recently bought a copy of Legend of the Guardians (BD) from Wal-Mart and it did not include a code for the Ultraviolet copy. The sticker on the front claims it should be included. Who do I need to go to to get this rectified? Any help is appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by ZombiePug View Post
              I recently bought a copy of Legend of the Guardians (BD) from Wal-Mart and it did not include a code for the Ultraviolet copy. The sticker on the front claims it should be included. Who do I need to go to to get this rectified? Any help is appreciated!
              Did you look on the back of the promo sticker on the shrink wrap? Otherwise, I think you have to just return it and hope they have another in stock. (I had a missing insert card in my last HBO set as well.)

Comment

Originally posted by ZombiePug View Post
                This promotion seems to have 3 possibilities on where the code is located.

1. Like the poster above stated it could be on the back of the UV sticker on the shrink wrap. (The universal titles come this way I think).

2. It could come like a normal UV code on a paper insert. Daybreakers and Lincoln Lawyer came this way.

3. The most annoying one. You have to actually take the cover out of the blu ray case and the code is on the sticker that is stuck to the blu ray case (not the wrapper, but the actual case). You have to take the cover out of the case and look through the holes on the inside of the blu ray case to get the code. The James Bond Movies and Edward Scissorhands came this way.

Try those 3 and if it's not there then you got a dud.

Comment

Initially, the code for DISTURBIA would not work for me but I tried it again last night and it redeemed in HDX.

Comment

Bought 12 Monkeys at WalMart today and it had the UV sticker on front but no ticket inside and no code on back of sticker that was on packaging. Is the code suppose to be inside the case? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TACBAMA View Post
                      Bought 12 Monkeys at WalMart today and it had the UV sticker on front but no ticket inside and no code on back of sticker that was on packaging. Is the code suppose to be inside the case? Thanks
                      Or someone pealed it off another one and put on 12 Monkeys to mess with someone. Or honest mistake at production facility.

It is a UV title though. You're probably going to have to go through the studio. Sometimes it's resolved in 24 hours like my case with paramount. Other times it's a three month cat and mouse game that is still not revolved like my cases with Universal. They are horrible with customer service.

Comment

Originally posted by TACBAMA View Post
                        12 Monkey's is on Vudu's D2D list so it cost you 2+tax to go that route if you don't want to wait. I understand if you want to make Walmart or the studio pay for the mistake for the principle of the situation.

Comment

The Patriot

Just an FYI to anyone who buys The Patriot on blu-ray at WalMart. Do NOT redeem the UV code on the Sony Pictures site, as that will result in you getting the Extended Edition added to your UV account. VUDU only has the theatrical version, which they will not add to your account for you (I tried), so you basically will have wasted a code and/or your money.

Comment

Originally posted by mike568 View Post
                            12 Monkey's is on Vudu's D2D list so it cost you 2+tax to go that route if you don't want to wait. I understand if you want to make Walmart or the studio pay for the mistake for the principle of the situation.
                            I sent photo of receipt and package and they sent me a code for the UV...super fast! Which is a first with Universal! I'm not bashing Universal. I'm just saying. They have helped me alot and I appreciate their support. Sometimes they don't ask for so much proof. But, I didn't mind. I just wanted my UV

Comment

Re: The Patriot

Originally posted by startngline13 View Post
                              Just an FYI to anyone who buys The Patriot on blu-ray at WalMart. Do NOT redeem the UV code on the Sony Pictures site, as that will result in you getting the Extended Edition added to your UV account. VUDU only has the theatrical version, which they will not add to your account for you (I tried), so you basically will have wasted a code and/or your money.
                              Good info but I wanted the Extended so did it via Sony, hopefully VUDU adds the extended edition soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X