Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Keychest Shutdown - UV, iTunes, Amazon Left

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keychest Shutdown - UV, iTunes, Amazon Left

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
    Your rant aside, I will chalk you up to the "DMA will win" side. I think the Vegas odd makers would put your bet into the long shot category and my bet that Disney Studios will join DECE as a safe bet.

For the record, I am a Disney fan. I own over 100 their titles in my physical collection. I have held season passes to Walt Disney World for three years running until my family moved from the state and have enjoyed stays on the property countless times. I consider their content to be some of the best Holywood has to offer and their brand to be a symbol of quality which I value.
    I'm not at all a DMA will win person. I just don't see this as a UV or DMA choice. There is room for both, though like the commenter above noted, I would really like to see at most a minimal number of choices out there so the market doesn't get fragmented and so we don't wind up having to install dozens of apps to access our libraries.

I am a fan of Vudu (otherwise I wouldn't be sitting here with nearly 800 films in my library at this point, including more than a couple of Disney films). I'd like to see Vudu get their act together and improve their apps and get them on more platforms (Windows 8, for Windows 8 tablets as an example really screams for an app. The app on the iPad screams for a search feature, or at least a sort feature for people with large libraries, etc.)

Meanwhile, if Disney is successful, then it isn't the end of the world just as it wasn't the end of the world when Blu-ray 'defeated' HD DVD in the marketplace (though that was certainly a case where the loser had to disappear so the market wouldn't continue to be fragmented).

Comment

Let me rewind the tape.

I asked a rather Boolean question. This apparently touched a nerve with you and you slandered me with the implication of being overly simplistic and unable to grasp complexities and nuances and sublties you had command over. You launched into calling me an insane homeless man with a street sign for some fanatical prediction which had no basis in realities.

Since you seem to be expirencing an emotional reaction which causes you to fly off the handle, let me slim it down for you;

In 5 years will;

(A) key chest be shut down and Disney studios members of DECE

or

(B) key chest still going and Disney studios are successful in the go-it-alone route

My vote is (A). What is yours?

Comment

My vote is that you'll be eating a little crow (and looking more like a homeless person if that is what you want, and given your reply, yes, it seems you very much want that).

Comment

I should note, you've already lost 1 year of the 5 given your original prediction was almost a year ago and that proved to be one of those 'the rumors of my death were greatly exaggerated' type things.

Comment

Thank you for going on the record. Smack talk is actually something welcome.

I respectfully disagree with you. Further, I think the industry reporters such as Mr. Jeff Kleist who's report I was referring to when this thread was authored, and just about any reasonable objective outsider presented with the facts as they stand today would agree with me. I will let them all speak for themselves though and let events play out according to as they may.

Comment

Given the running start we've seen from DMA, I think they will make it. Unlike Keychest, this program was well-planned, and the market was prepped (by UV) and ready. The likeliness that several future streaming providers/distributors are in DECE/UV means that people will finally get what they want, all their content in one place, with few exceptions (the rare UV title that is not available on a given service, or the inability to download the portable CFF for those determined to serve their own content).

To maintain their initial success, DMA needs to add cross-platform support, through additional distributors (ie Vudu, Amazon), as quickly as possible. If this happens (namely addition of Vudu), and they add a method to get non DC Disney/Touchstone titles added to DMA, I will no longer be in the 'serve it myself' group.

So, Walter, I have to vote B.

Comment

Working...
              X