atasehir escort pendik escort ankara escort

Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Few questions...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Few questions...

    1) Has anyone been able to get the unrated and rated versions at one time with a disc in store at walmart? Like if you wanted to D2D Your Highness and get both versions, could you do it with one disc or would I have to go in twice? Both versions are available on the disc. Just wondering.

    2) Any news on at home D2D for mac?

    3) Any news on the updated iOS app for downloading the movies to your device?

    #2
    Re: Few questions...

    Originally posted by bjeong1381 View Post
    1) Has anyone been able to get the unrated and rated versions at one time with a disc in store at walmart? Like if you wanted to D2D Your Highness and get both versions, could you do it with one disc or would I have to go in twice? Both versions are available on the disc. Just wondering.

    2) Any news on at home D2D for mac?

    3) Any news on the updated iOS app for downloading the movies to your device?
    1) I have no direct experience with this, but I have brought in discs with 2 movies on them and had success. For example, I had Grumpy Old Men and Grumpier Old Men in a 2 pack on one disc. I just brought the case with me, as long as the disc, so if they asked I could show them both versions were on there. I can't imagine it'd be any different with D2D. One thing you could do is do one of them on D2D at home and the other in store, that's an option.

    2) Isn't that still in Beta? Mods will probably have a better answer for that.

    3) Again one for the Mods, but I'd be very interested to hear the answer. Also if there's a plan for VUDU app on Kindle Fire HD.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Few questions...

      Originally posted by bjeong1381 View Post
      1) Has anyone been able to get the unrated and rated versions at one time with a disc in store at walmart? Like if you wanted to D2D Your Highness and get both versions, could you do it with one disc or would I have to go in twice? Both versions are available on the disc. Just wondering.

      2) Any news on at home D2D for mac?

      3) Any news on the updated iOS app for downloading the movies to your device?

      Concerning the D2D service. If you pre-enter your titles in the Vudu web site and then print your list, you will see next to each title is a description.

      Here are what each means;

      1) [P&S] = Pan and Scan
      2) [WS] = Widescreen
      3) [LBX] = Letterbox
      4) [FS] = Full screen
      5) [Superbit] = Superbit film files were encoded at a bit rate that is, according to Sony, approximately 1.5 times as high (6-7 Mbit/s vs 4-5 Mbit/s) as that of standard DVDs

      These will tell you regardless of what you bring in, what they will be converting it to. It would be too complicated to have so many combinations for every title, so basically Vudu chooses one that all formats a given title have been released under will be converted to.

      It should be noted, if you do an outright purchased via Vudu, you instead have choices of Director's Cut, Theatrical, Etc., assuming Vudu has different versions available for the title.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Few questions...

        Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
        Concerning the D2D service. If you pre-enter your titles in the Vudu web site and then print your list, you will see next to each title is a description.

        Here are what each means;

        1) [P&S] = Pan and Scan
        2) [WS] = Widescreen
        3) [LBX] = Letterbox
        4) [FS] = Full screen
        5) [Superbit] = Superbit film files were encoded at a bit rate that is, according to Sony, approximately 1.5 times as high (6-7 Mbit/s vs 4-5 Mbit/s) as that of standard DVDs

        These will tell you regardless of what you bring in, what they will be converting it to. It would be too complicated to have so many combinations for every title, so basically Vudu chooses one that all formats a given title have been released under will be converted to.

        It should be noted, if you do an outright purchased via Vudu, you instead have choices of Director's Cut, Theatrical, Etc., assuming Vudu has different versions available for the title.
        Those descriptions do not tell you what it will convert to. That just tells you which version/sku is in their database. Most titles on vudu are only available in Widescreen, unless it has a Unrated version. You can bring in a Full Screen version, and it will still be converted to Widescreen for 99% of titles.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Few questions...

          Originally posted by bjeong1381 View Post
          1) Has anyone been able to get the unrated and rated versions at one time with a disc in store at walmart? Like if you wanted to D2D Your Highness and get both versions, could you do it with one disc or would I have to go in twice? Both versions are available on the disc. Just wondering.

          2) Any news on at home D2D for mac?

          3) Any news on the updated iOS app for downloading the movies to your device?
          Not to sound rude but if you wanted to run lots of applications, you shouldn't have bought into the apple ecosystem. I made the same mistake and have sense remedied it.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Few questions...

            Originally posted by echopulse View Post
            Those descriptions do not tell you what it will convert to. That just tells you which version/sku is in their database. Most titles on vudu are only available in Widescreen, unless it has a Unrated version. You can bring in a Full Screen version, and it will still be converted to Widescreen for 99% of titles.

            Ahh, cool. Thx for edgeumacating me. I thought it was not the source but what would be the format put into your UV locker. Now I know.



            BTW, I got seven more queued up for HDX upgrade tomorrow morning. I can't wait!!!!

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Few questions...

              Originally posted by thrustbucket View Post
              Not to sound rude but if you wanted to run lots of applications, you shouldn't have bought into the apple ecosystem. I made the same mistake and have sense remedied it.
              I love my apple products. Not just cause of the ecosystem but because they just work. Windows 8 is ****. I can't stand android either. I like having apps actually developed for my tablet and not just blown up phone apps.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Few questions...

                Originally posted by bjeong1381 View Post
                I love my apple products. Not just cause of the ecosystem but because they just work. Windows 8 is ****. I can't stand android either. I like having apps actually developed for my tablet and not just blown up phone apps.

                I echo this too. I have an iPhone and an iPad. My wife has both too. My son has an iPod with 26Gb. He loves toting it around full of movies. Plus, he runs the Vudu app on it too.

                We sync our iTunes library onto the downstairs plasma via AppleTV. It is a very slick interface. Much more so then Plex/Roku.

                However, I never have, nor will I ever, purchase content from Apple via the iTunes Store. Contrary to popular belief, the company that backs the longevity of my content (Apple) is not that financially sound. Plus, then my content is married to their endpoints/technology. I really do not like that idea.

                I much prefer the UV model and will only spend my hard earned money in the UV ecosystem.

                Apple is great for what it is though. Just I am not going to spend any money on their content delivery.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Few questions...

                  Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
                  However, I never have, nor will I ever, purchase content from Apple via the iTunes Store. Contrary to popular belief, the company that backs the longevity of my content (Apple) is not that financially sound. Plus, then my content is married to their endpoints/technology. I really do not like that idea.
                  I appreciate the opinion -- but I'm just curious if you wouldn't mind clarifying this.

                  I, too, prefer VUDU and UltraViolet for all my cloud-based movie streaming (and purchasing and renting) -- and I've been a loyal Apple appreciator for the bulk of my life. That being said, this is the first I've read anyone suggest that the company's current financial state is "not that sound." Come again?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Few questions...

                    Originally posted by Fofer View Post
                    I appreciate the opinion -- but I'm just curious if you wouldn't mind clarifying this.

                    I, too, prefer VUDU and UltraViolet for all my cloud-based movie streaming (and purchasing and renting) -- and I've been a loyal Apple appreciator for the bulk of my life. That being said, this is the first I've read anyone suggest that the company's current financial state is "not that sound." Come again?

                    It was not that long ago that the company was thought to be close to shutting down. Reports of employees spending their days playing basketball in the parking lot that was mostly empty from layoffs was a common citation used.

                    Then came iPad, iPhone (3-->4-->4s-->5) and their fortunes changed. As a computer maker, they are small. My wife and I were in our local Apple store this past weekend. We were waited on immediately. Several employees were standing around.

                    This is a dramatic change from just one year ago where we needed wait 20 minutes to be served by an employee to make a purchase.

                    They do not make routers, or really any infrastructure items which are tied to long term revenue producing contracts. Even HP who does is on the verge of faltering into oblivion.

                    That is just simply not a company I want to put my home entertainment content into expecting it to be there ten years from now.

                    The company is just one big technical glitch from ceasing to exist. The google maps -> iMaps was a major blow.

                    Instead, the UV consortium seems a much more sober choice to invest $1k of my family's money for storing long term our entertainment collection.

                    Ten or even 5 years from now, there may not be an Apple. In the world of consumer technology, the icon of the sock puppet is the rule. Here today, gone tomorrow.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Few questions...

                      ...add a wireless keyboard to a Roku. Pop in a Google Doc app and a few other productivity apps.

                      Bye-Bye Apple and Microsoft.

                      Every home will have a $100 computer with data stored in the cloud. The ubiquitous flat screen tv will be the family’s shared monitor.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Few questions...

                        Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
                        The company is just one big technical glitch from ceasing to exist. The google maps -> iMaps was a major blow.
                        Thanks for that viewpoint. There's certainly something to chew on there, and, as I've said, I've picked VUDU over iTunes for my own personal video library. That's more about overall UI and content availability, though. (And the Disc-to-Digital initiative, in WalMart and at home, has been huge for me.)

                        I'm not really interested in a debate on the subject of AAPL financials though, so I'll simply state that I disagree.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X