Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their VUDU service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Ghostbusters-1984 goes UV on May 7th:

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Ghostbusters-1984 goes UV on May 7th:

    Looks like Sony is adding one from the vault into UV.

    This is a classic that is good family entertainment. Bill Murray, Rick Moranis, and Sigourney Weaver are all spectacular in it.

    #2
    Re: Ghostbusters-1984 goes UV on May 7th:

    Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
    Looks like Sony is adding one from the vault into UV.

    This is a classic that is good family entertainment. Bill Murray, Rick Moranis, and Sigourney Weaver are all spectacular in it.
    It's already UV and D2D? http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content/13769/Ghostbusters Agree, classic. I have both and VUDU needs to add HDX for part 2.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Ghostbusters-1984 goes UV on May 7th:

      Originally posted by swiss21 View Post
      Agree, classic. I have both and VUDU needs to add HDX for part 2.
      I also second the idea of them getting HDX for GB2

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Ghostbusters-1984 goes UV on May 7th:

        Originally posted by swiss21 View Post
        It's already UV and D2D? http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content/13769/Ghostbusters Agree, classic. I have both and VUDU needs to add HDX for part 2.


        Yeah, you are right. Flixster had it on their "Coming Soon" UV title list and I jumped the gun w/o checking to see if Vudu already had it listed as a UV copy.

        Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a rolling list of titles that were slated to be UV and the dates they would be made available? I know of this one...

        http://www.blu-ray.com/uv/

        , but it is not really easy to go through and I think there are lots of titles that do not make it onto that list. I can site many examples (Jeremiah Johnson, The Story of Qiu Ju, etc) and I think that list is more focused on UV titles that are new releases instead of catalog titles that are being updated into UV versions.

        anyway...

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Ghostbusters-1984 goes UV on May 7th:

          Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
          Yeah, you are right. Flixster had it on their "Coming Soon" UV title list and I jumped the gun w/o checking to see if Vudu already had it listed as a UV copy.

          Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a rolling list of titles that were slated to be UV and the dates they would be made available? I know of this one...

          http://www.blu-ray.com/uv/

          , but it is not really easy to go through and I think there are lots of titles that do not make it onto that list. I can site many examples (Jeremiah Johnson, The Story of Qiu Ju, etc) and I think that list is more focused on UV titles that are new releases instead of catalog titles that are being updated into UV versions.

          anyway...
          I agree, and it happens. I too have seen that coming soon list for titles already out lol

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Ghostbusters-1984 goes UV on May 7th:

            I too have also upgraded the Blu-Ray, it rockah's.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Ghostbusters-1984 goes UV on May 7th:

              Ghostbusters 2 is now HDX

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Ghostbusters-1984 goes UV on May 7th:

                Originally posted by swiss21 View Post
                Ghostbusters 2 is now HDX
                It Stinks that the HDX version available from D2D is an upgrade of DVD only and not a Blu-ray.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Ghostbusters-1984 goes UV on May 7th:

                  Originally posted by ydkjman View Post
                  It Stinks that the HDX version available from D2D is an upgrade of DVD only and not a Blu-ray.

                  are the DVD & Bluray different cuts?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Ghostbusters-1984 goes UV on May 7th:

                    Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
                    are the DVD & Bluray different cuts?
                    I think he means only the DVD is d2d so you'd have to pay $5 even if you own the blu ray.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Ghostbusters-1984 goes UV on May 7th:

                      Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
                      I think he means only the DVD is d2d so you'd have to pay $5 even if you own the blu ray.
                      Thanks for clarifying that madmod20061 that's what I was talking about.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Ghostbusters-1984 goes UV on May 7th:

                        Originally posted by ydkjman View Post
                        Thanks for clarifying that madmod20061 that's what I was talking about.

                        ahh...,

                        that stinks.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X