Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Iron man 3 pre-order - Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E55KEV
    replied
    Re: Iron man 3 pre-order - Info

Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
    No I am not understanding it wrong. You pay an additional $5.99 for the DVD to be mailed to you. Why bother? Wait for the DVD and buy it for the price of the digital copy that can only be viewed on VUDU.

When you buy a new DVD that is UV you don't pay an additional cost. You get the physical DVD (or Blu-ray) and you get a UV code. Once you redeem your code you have access to your new movie in your UV library, which means you can watch it on VUDU, CinemaNow, M-GO, Flixster, and any new UV service that may start up in the future. Why UV is important? It increases your chances of not loosing your video library if the company you are investing in goes under, or if their services are unavailable at a time you are wanting to watch your movie.
    Go back and read my post about Disney. It was a reference about Disney being greedy. The $5.99 charge is for Disney to mail you a 2D Blu-ray of "Oz the Great and Powerful" not Iron Man 3. Plus Disney is not offering a VUDU or UV code for any movie.

Leave a comment:

• madmod20061
    replied

No I am not understanding it wrong. You pay an additional $5.99 for the DVD to be mailed to you. Why bother? Wait for the DVD and buy it for the price of the digital copy that can only be viewed on VUDU.

When you buy a new DVD that is UV you don't pay an additional cost. You get the physical DVD (or Blu-ray) and you get a UV code. Once you redeem your code you have access to your new movie in your UV library, which means you can watch it on VUDU, CinemaNow, M-GO, Flixster, and any new UV service that may start up in the future. Why UV is important? It increases your chances of not loosing your video library if the company you are investing in goes under, or if their services are unavailable at a time you are wanting to watch your movie.

Then why did you say "So if I understand this correctly, when the DVD is released you don't get a copy of the DVD only a digital copy on VUDU? "? That statement says you thought you did not get a copy of the DVD. That's actually what you said I was pointing out that yes, you do get a physical copy as well as the Vudu copy with this pre-order. That's what the pre-order is for.
    And like the post below me says, no additional charge. The $24 I paid is all I will pay for it.

Leave a comment:

• carcgar
    replied

No because Iron Man 3 wont come with an UV copy of the movie so this would be the cheapest option to get it on VUDU and own the bluray without buying it twice

Leave a comment:

• LuzRinggold
    replied

Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
    You are understanding it wrong. You do get a copy of the DVD/Blu Ray. They have you add your address and they mail the physical copy to you. You get both the Blu Ray and Vudu copy.

Leave a comment:

• madmod20061
    replied

So if I understand this correctly, when the DVD is released you don't get a copy of the DVD only a digital copy on VUDU? Why would anyone want to purchase a movie that isn't UV and that they can only watch on VUDU? If this includes a copy of the DVD then that is different, or if it were UV that might be different.

I guess I also have a problem in that I have Iron Man 1 & 2 sitting on a shelf and no way to watch them in the cloud without buying a second digital copy of the movies. This seems to be part of Disney's business model...don't join UV and make more money by selling people digital movies that they already own.
    You are understanding it wrong. You do get a copy of the DVD/Blu Ray. They have you add your address and they mail the physical copy to you. You get both the Blu Ray and Vudu copy.

Leave a comment:

• LuzRinggold
    replied
    Re: WTF Disney?

Originally posted by E55KEV View Post
    FYI - When you buy the upcoming Disney "'Oz the Great and Powerful" on 3D Blu-ray it does is not include the 2D Blu-ray disc. You have to buy the 2D for $5.99 from Disney via mail. This from bluray.com:

"Earlier today, in response to consumer outcry, Disney revealed that Blu-ray copies of Oz the Great and Powerful 3D -- which feature a 3D BD disc and downloadable digital copy, but no 2D BD -- will include an in-package offer that allows those who purchase the 3D version to obtain a 2D BD disc by mail for an additional $5.99.

The studio's official statement reads as follows:

"We strive to give our consumers the best in-home experience and consistently evolve our mix of product offerings. We know that our 3D consumers enjoy that experience as well as the ease of use and functionality of digital copy. With Oz the Great and Powerful we're offering a single, simplified version for their in-home and on-the-go viewing needs. And, for those desiring a 2D Blu-ray version of the film, there's an offer included in the package."
    Still, you are buying a digital copy that is good for VUDU only...it's not UV. And you are having to pay a higher price for a reverse D2D...Digital-to-Disc. I think it's smarter to stick with DVDs or Blu-ray discs when it comes to Disney or ANY new release that isn't being released as a UV title.

Leave a comment:

• E55KEV
    replied
    WTF Disney?

This seems to be part of Disney's business model...don't join UV and make more money by selling people digital movies that they already own.
    FYI - When you buy the upcoming Disney "'Oz the Great and Powerful" on 3D Blu-ray it does is not include the 2D Blu-ray disc. You have to buy the 2D for $5.99 from Disney via mail. This from bluray.com:

"Earlier today, in response to consumer outcry, Disney revealed that Blu-ray copies of Oz the Great and Powerful 3D -- which feature a 3D BD disc and downloadable digital copy, but no 2D BD -- will include an in-package offer that allows those who purchase the 3D version to obtain a 2D BD disc by mail for an additional $5.99.

The studio's official statement reads as follows:

"We strive to give our consumers the best in-home experience and consistently evolve our mix of product offerings. We know that our 3D consumers enjoy that experience as well as the ease of use and functionality of digital copy. With Oz the Great and Powerful we're offering a single, simplified version for their in-home and on-the-go viewing needs. And, for those desiring a 2D Blu-ray version of the film, there's an offer included in the package."

Leave a comment:

• LuzRinggold
    replied

So if I understand this correctly, when the DVD is released you don't get a copy of the DVD only a digital copy on VUDU? Why would anyone want to purchase a movie that isn't UV and that they can only watch on VUDU? If this includes a copy of the DVD then that is different, or if it were UV that might be different.

I guess I also have a problem in that I have Iron Man 1 & 2 sitting on a shelf and no way to watch them in the cloud without buying a second digital copy of the movies. This seems to be part of Disney's business model...don't join UV and make more money by selling people digital movies that they already own.

Leave a comment:

• jeremymc7
    replied

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
    ..interesting points. For the one example in question, Vudu does not offer all three titles. Goldmember is not in their catalog. The other two are. I do not see how all three could be UV redeemed in that case.

All there are UV. This is why all three are available for D2D on Vudu's website. Vudu just doesn't have a current contract with the studio to sell NEW copies. If you pushed all three from Vudu previously then you will still see them in your My Movies. If you do a general search it won't come up since it's not available for sale (or rent). You just do the UV redeem on Flixster (or studio).
    http://www.flixster.com/search/?search=austin+powers

In this case Vudu has a special page to redeem this specific wal-mart exclusive product. Remember it won't show in a general search.
    http://www.vudu.com/redeemecopy.html?eccid=427754

I too much prefer the HDX version of titles I add to my UV locker. The only reason I did not pony up $10 for the tri-pack of the Austin Powers trilogy was that I would be stuck with SD versions. This is assuming somehow all three were able to be added when one of the three is absent from Vudu.
    It's not always the case but it's not uncommon for DVD to redeem as SD where Blu-Ray will redeem as HDX. Again thats not always the case and changes often, especially depending on title / studio. Unless someone here has said something redeems as HDX, be it DVD or Blu-Ray I won't buy it as I only want HDX and don't want to take the risk I get SD, especially since I got burned too often in the past.

I like your idea of getting Bluray Disc versions and then doing a $2 lateral conversion.
    In most cases it's about $5 cheaper as I said. But it's not always an option and it is more wook. If you buy enough movie's though it adds up quick. If you make enough money that doesn't matter to some.

Also, the idea of getting DVD titles used from a pawn shop for $2 and then do an upgrade D2D conversion for $5 is a good way to get a lower cost HDX title added to a library.
    It's also a good legal and moral choice. You own the disc's and are doing something they offer. Similar to what I do; buying Blu-Ray in bulk for $3 a piece and then selling the one's I don't want. $3+2(bluray D2D) is cheaper at $5 vs. $7.

Still, I need stick to my original statement that WalMart has some pretty aggressive pricing recently. Plus, with free UV versions tacked on, their offers are even more compelling. There were quite a few $5 titles in the bargain basket with UV stickers on them too. That is $5 for a new-in-box packaged media with a free UV version. Hard to argue that is not a good value.
    I still stick by mine as well. Most of those $7.88 Wal-Mart titles I've seen are $5 new elsewhere or even less used. Once you add D2D it's still less than wal-mart. My other problem with it is that the UV code is often not the same as the movie you got. That's fine if you want both movies and don't care to watch one of DVD and the other Vudu. For myself I would prefer to have the choice which two movies I want (esp as I might already have one). If you didn't though and want a digital of the one on disc then you still have to spend $9.88 to get both. I could buy those same movies and do D2D for about the same price but choose WHICh two I want.

The $4.88 titles are more limited and restrive over the $7.88. There wasn't anything I found that was an awesome find. Most of those titles can be had for $1-2 used on Blu-Ray and $2 D2D. I've also found pretty often used movies with digital codes in them that are still valid so I don't even have to pay for D2D.

I don't hate the wal-mart deals. Like I said it's just either more expensive and / or you don't have complete control over what you get and in some case's you have to pay a couple bucks extra for something you don't want because it's a good deal. There are always better options out there if you know where to look or spend the time.

Not complaining. Just trying to educate / offer constructive criticism.

Leave a comment:

• Walter-S_North_Carolina
    replied

..interesting points. For the one example in question, Vudu does not offer all three titles. Goldmember is not in their catalog. The other two are. I do not see how all three could be UV redeemed in that case.

I too much prefer the HDX version of titles I add to my UV locker. The only reason I did not pony up $10 for the tri-pack of the Austin Powers trilogy was that I would be stuck with SD versions. This is assuming somehow all three were able to be added when one of the three is absent from Vudu.

I like your idea of getting Bluray Disc versions and then doing a $2 lateral conversion.

Also, the idea of getting DVD titles used from a pawn shop for $2 and then do an upgrade D2D conversion for $5 is a good way to get a lower cost HDX title added to a library.

Still, I need stick to my original statement that WalMart has some pretty aggressive pricing recently. Plus, with free UV versions tacked on, their offers are even more compelling. There were quite a few $5 titles in the bargain basket with UV stickers on them too. That is $5 for a new-in-box packaged media with a free UV version. Hard to argue that is not a good value.

Leave a comment:

• jeremymc7
    replied

Again, it seems WalMart has some wonderful movie entertainment offers as of late. I saw a whole rack of multi-title products and most had UV and/or Vudu redemption as well. This all for $10.00.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7kG...it?usp=sharing

...this example is three movies plus UV redemption on each for $10.00. That is $3.33 per movie for new-in-box packaged media PLUS UV copies. That is truly an exceptional offer and this was not the only one. There was about 30 to choose from.
    This is where I generally I will disagree.

It's convenient if you don't have any of the movies on disc or digital already and you want all there but it's not a great deal in my humble opinion. The $9.96 collection is for the DVD's. For the blu-Ray collection it's $27.46. The DVD collection is available for under $8 including free shipping and no tax, depending on where you buy it. Now that's without without digital copies but if you didn't want digital then Wal-Mart is more expensive. Since we obviously have Vudu let's just assume we want digital, in which case Disc to Digital is available for all three titles which would be an extra $6 so about $13 vs. $11 at Wal-Mart. So wal-mart is cheaper and CERTAINLY more convenient but not a great savings. My other thing is that you always take a risk with the UV / Vudu digital copy; IE you're never 100% sure if you'll get SD or HDX, even with Blu-ray's which this $9.96 collection isn't.

Likewise the Blu-Ray collection can be had from $15 + $6 for disc to digital (if wanted) which at $21 is much cheaper than Wal-Mart's $27.46+tax price. Funny thing is Wal-Mart offer's the same collection (san's vudu) for $18.41 which if you add $6 for disc to digital takes you to $24.41 which is still more than buying elsewhere, but is cheaper than their own price of $27.46 for buying the collection with vudu copies.

This has always been my issue with the way wal-wart work's these deals. It's typical about $5 more than you could get it elsewhere. You pay a premium to get a bundle, not a discount.

Sometimes the bulk package price for goods is more expensive but people think it's a better deal and don't always do the math. Likewise on electronics for example wal-mart may get a manufacturer to make a version with less features that look's like the same model offered elsewhere but isn't and has a different sku, thus allowing wal-mart to offer it for less. Nothing wrong with it, perhaps it's a feature someone didn't even need but often people aren't aware it's not the same product they are comparing to elsewhere.

That said for some they just want to deal with the hassle, or even aware of all the available options.

Leave a comment:

• Walter-S_North_Carolina
    replied

Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
    Here is what you will receive when you pre-order Iron Man 3 at Wal-Mart.

Immediately upon redemption:
    1. Lego Iron Man: Backyard Battle (featurette)
    2. Iron Man 3: Extremis (featurette)
    3. Iron Man 3: Iron Man and Hulk ? Heroes United (sneak peak)
    4. Iron Man 3: Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. (sneak peak)

When the DVD/Blu-ray is released you will receive a digital copy of the movie on Vudu.

There is a separate redemption code that redeems the digital comic and app from Marvel.com.

I saw this in the store today too. It seemed pretty clear to me what was being offered. I was going to take a photo of the offer which was on an end-cap in the store I was in, but you spelled it out the same as was on the box.

Again, it seems WalMart has some wonderful movie entertainment offers as of late. I saw a whole rack of multi-title products and most had UV and/or Vudu redemption as well. This all for $10.00.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7kG...it?usp=sharing

...this example is three movies plus UV redemption on each for $10.00. That is $3.33 per movie for new-in-box packaged media PLUS UV copies. That is truly an exceptional offer and this was not the only one. There was about 30 to choose from.

Leave a comment:

• jeremymc7
    replied

Picked this one up today. The guy at the register said "You are pre-ordering this, correct?" I said yes and I asked if they get a lot of people thinking it's the actual movie. He looked exasperated and said yes. Funny. I don't see how anyone could see that box and think "OMG, Walmart has this movie before it's even out in theaters!".

I used to manage a video store back in the early 90's. We had it happen all the time. And I'm not talking about pre-orders. There's always those older movies with the same titles as current movie. People would find them and think ohhh this must be the next was I just was on the TV commercial. People get confused and think they missed the theater release and it must be the video release.

It's all that more confusing for people now with streaming before theater, pre-orders before theater releases, and post theater releases within three months of theater release.

Ohh man....

And some people get sooooo irate. Just glad I have nothing to do with retail customers anymore.

Leave a comment:

• madmod20061
    replied

Originally posted by carcgar View Post
    You answered your own question by saying Walmart
    I guess so. They ask me that every time I purchase a promo like this.

Leave a comment:

• carcgar
    replied

Picked this one up today. The guy at the register said "You are pre-ordering this, correct?" I said yes and I asked if they get a lot of people thinking it's the actual movie. He looked exasperated and said yes. Funny. I don't see how anyone could see that box and think "OMG, Walmart has this movie before it's even out in theaters!".
    You answered your own question by saying Walmart

Leave a comment:

Working...
X