Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Iron man 3 pre-order - Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iron man 3 pre-order - Info

Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
    You are understanding it wrong. You do get a copy of the DVD/Blu Ray. They have you add your address and they mail the physical copy to you. You get both the Blu Ray and Vudu copy.
    No I am not understanding it wrong. You pay an additional $5.99 for the DVD to be mailed to you. Why bother? Wait for the DVD and buy it for the price of the digital copy that can only be viewed on VUDU.

When you buy a new DVD that is UV you don't pay an additional cost. You get the physical DVD (or Blu-ray) and you get a UV code. Once you redeem your code you have access to your new movie in your UV library, which means you can watch it on VUDU, CinemaNow, M-GO, Flixster, and any new UV service that may start up in the future. Why UV is important? It increases your chances of not loosing your video library if the company you are investing in goes under, or if their services are unavailable at a time you are wanting to watch your movie.

Comment

Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
      No I am not understanding it wrong. You pay an additional $5.99 for the DVD to be mailed to you. Why bother? Wait for the DVD and buy it for the price of the digital copy that can only be viewed on VUDU.

When you buy a new DVD that is UV you don't pay an additional cost. You get the physical DVD (or Blu-ray) and you get a UV code. Once you redeem your code you have access to your new movie in your UV library, which means you can watch it on VUDU, CinemaNow, M-GO, Flixster, and any new UV service that may start up in the future. Why UV is important? It increases your chances of not loosing your video library if the company you are investing in goes under, or if their services are unavailable at a time you are wanting to watch your movie.
      No because Iron Man 3 wont come with an UV copy of the movie so this would be the cheapest option to get it on VUDU and own the bluray without buying it twice

Comment

Then why did you say "So if I understand this correctly, when the DVD is released you don't get a copy of the DVD only a digital copy on VUDU? "? That statement says you thought you did not get a copy of the DVD. That's actually what you said I was pointing out that yes, you do get a physical copy as well as the Vudu copy with this pre-order. That's what the pre-order is for.
        And like the post below me says, no additional charge. The $24 I paid is all I will pay for it.

Comment

Go back and read my post about Disney. It was a reference about Disney being greedy. The $5.99 charge is for Disney to mail you a 2D Blu-ray of "Oz the Great and Powerful" not Iron Man 3. Plus Disney is not offering a VUDU or UV code for any movie.

Comment

Originally posted by E55KEV View Post
            Go back and read my post about Disney. It was a reference about Disney being greedy. The $5.99 charge is for Disney to mail you a 2D Blu-ray of "Oz the Great and Powerful" not Iron Man 3. Plus Disney is not offering a VUDU or UV code for any movie.
            I think that's where his confusion was (and where I in turn got confused by his post saying no DVD).

Comment

Here is what VUDU said earlier in this thread...please point out where they said you get an actual DVD.

Originally posted by FelipeF View Post
              Here is what you will receive when you pre-order Iron Man 3 at Wal-Mart.

Immediately upon redemption:
              1. Lego Iron Man: Backyard Battle (featurette)
              2. Iron Man 3: Extremis (featurette)
              3. Iron Man 3: Iron Man and Hulk ? Heroes United (sneak peak)
              4. Iron Man 3: Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. (sneak peak)

When the DVD/Blu-ray is released you will receive a digital copy of the movie on Vudu.

There is a separate redemption code that redeems the digital comic and app from Marvel.com.

Comment

Here is what VUDU said earlier in this thread...please point out where they said you get an actual DVD.
                That particular post doesn't say it, but the preorder case is quite clear that you receive a physical copy when the movie comes out.
                To me it wasn't clear that it came with a VUDU copy, but I preordered right away after I heard that it did in fact come with that also.

And this is all separate from the Oz 3D- 2D disc discussion.
                That's just stupid. I'll probably end up skipping the movie if they're not going to release at least one comprehensive version.

Comment

I can tell you as someone who has bought this pre-order that it asked me for my address so they could ship the blu-ray to me. There is a 100 percent chance I am getting the blu ray. The box says I'm getting a blu-ray and vudu say I am getting a blu ray. That's how all of these pre-orders have worked (Rise of the Guardians, Spiderman, etc....). This is just the first non-UV movie version they've released. There's been a few TV shows, but it's yet to be seen if they will be UV or not (Walking Dead, True Blood, etc...) because they aren't out yet.

Comment

I can tell you as someone who has bought this pre-order that it asked me for my address so they could ship the blu-ray to me. There is a 100 percent chance I am getting the blu ray. The box says I'm getting a blu-ray and vudu say I am getting a blu ray. That's how all of these pre-orders have worked (Rise of the Guardians, Spiderman, etc....). This is just the first non-UV movie version they've released. There's been a few TV shows, but it's yet to be seen if they will be UV or not (Walking Dead, True Blood, etc...) because they aren't out yet.
                    I got the Bible mini-series via pre-order and it's not UV either.
                    But I was definitely happy to jump on the IM3 pre-order, because I assume it will be the only VUDU availability of it. (Pre-ordered Walking Dead S3 too- I feel like it's the first example of the "long-format" preorder VUDU is repeating with Iron Man 3- IE 6 months or more).

Comment

Originally posted by seregloth View Post
                      I got the Bible mini-series via pre-order and it's not UV either.
                      But I was definitely happy to jump on the IM3 pre-order, because I assume it will be the only VUDU availability of it. (Pre-ordered Walking Dead S3 too- I feel like it's the first example of the "long-format" preorder VUDU is repeating with Iron Man 3- IE 6 months or more).
                      Well, Vudu availability without forking over a bunch more money

Comment

Well, Vudu availability without forking over a bunch more money
                        sooth

Comment

Originally posted by seregloth View Post
                          That particular post doesn't say it, but the preorder case is quite clear that you receive a physical copy when the movie comes out.
                          To me it wasn't clear that it came with a VUDU copy, but I preordered right away after I heard that it did in fact come with that also.

And this is all separate from the Oz 3D- 2D disc discussion.
                          That's just stupid. I'll probably end up skipping the movie if they're not going to release at least one comprehensive version.
                          Thanks. I personally hadn't seen the pre-order for either movie. If the disc is part of the deal then I would buy the pre-order if I liked the movie, but I thought IM3 was boring so I am not sure in this case. The new Oz movie on the other hand was a pretty good movie and I would buy a pre-order if it too came with a disc or was UV, but I wont pay nearly $6 extra to have both.

The point that I was making is that I wouldn't buy a movie that is a VUDU only movie. I have bought some in the past (mostly TV shows), but I regret buying the movies and will not do it again. We have nearly 650 movies and TV shows on VUDU. If something happens to VUDU then we loose those movies that are not UV.

We still have nearly 450 other titles on disc, so we don't have a problem buy a movie that we cannot watch in the cloud. The bottom line is that when we buy a movie we want to be able to watch it forever...that is why it's called a purchase and not a rental. When you buy a non-UV movie with VUDU or any other company it's more of an investment in that company...at least that's the way I see it. I mean, what happens to your non-UV collection if something happens and that company no longer exists tomorrow? You loose access to your movies, that's what happens. All I am saying is that we feel it's smarter to invest in UV and not a single company.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
                            http://www.flixster.com/search/?search=austin+powers

In this case Vudu has a special page to redeem this specific wal-mart exclusive product. Remember it won't show in a general search.
                            http://www.vudu.com/redeemecopy.html?eccid=427754

Ohh, kinda weird, but I get it now. Thx! I just might go back and get it then. I already have AP#2 and have slated in my wish list for AP#1, but if for $10 I can get both AS#1 & AP#3 in SD, that is a far cry cheaper then doing an outright Vudu EST purchase. I am going to have to think about that one. Again, thx for taking the time to explain this.

In most cases it's about $5 cheaper as I said. But it's not always an option and it is more work. If you buy enough movie's though it adds up quick. If you make enough money that doesn't matter to some.

It's also a good legal and moral choice. You own the disc's and are doing something they offer. Similar to what I do; buying Blu-Ray in bulk for $3 a piece and then selling the one's I don't want. $3+2(bluray D2D) is cheaper at $5 vs. $7.

Not complaining. Just trying to educate / offer constructive criticism.

I do understand there are less expensive ways to bulk up a UV locker with HDX versions of titles. I am by no stretch of the imagination a rich man. I pay for my D2D in cash on my pay-days. Last Friday I could only afford three (King Kong - 2005, Cold Mountain, Master & Commander). Ways to add HDX titles into my UV locker which cost less for sure catch my attention.

The point I was making with the deals at WalMart is not that it is the least costly way to add titles to a UV locker. I do agree with you it is not. I was referring to their aggressive pricing selection as indication of what appears to be a shift in the #1 retailer on the planet in respect to their entertainment packaged media. I am estimating 80% of the titles had purple UV stickers. This included about 30 multi-title products being offered for $10.00.

I could walk into a WalMart, spend $10+tax on a single purchase and walk out with 3-4 full length movies and also be able to add each to my UV locker. That is for sure a shift in WalMart's marketing strategy. It seems to me as though they are trying to get consumers hooked on entertainment media and also to kick-start ubiquitous UV acceptance by all but giving away UV and selling packaged media titles at aggressive pricing.

Walk into the electronic department of your local WalMart and tell me I am wrong. I do so every two weeks when I get my paycheck to do D2D purchases.

This past week the DVDs and Bluray Disc displays all looked much different. That purple UV logo was plastered all over and the selections had noticeably changed in what was obviously a shift in marketing strategy.

I often rummage in the $5 bin while I wait for the D2D transaction to complete behind the photo counter. This week for the first time, there were about half of the titles in the bargain bin with purple UV stickers on them.

As a UV enthusiast, this was a very encouraging sign that ubiquitous UV acceptance may come sooner then expected.

Also, it was remarkable to realize that I can get titles added to my UV locker for much less then the EST method, and in the process get a new-in-box physical copy of the title. $10 for a multi-title product with UV redemption vs EST of each title for $10-$15 per title. Crazy!

Comment

Thanks. I personally hadn't seen the pre-order for either movie. If the disc is part of the deal then I would buy the pre-order if I liked the movie, but I thought IM3 was boring so I am not sure in this case. The new Oz movie on the other hand was a pretty good movie and I would buy a pre-order if it too came with a disc or was UV, but I wont pay nearly $6 extra to have both.
                              So funny. I thought Oz was slow and boring much of the time but had some good moments. Iron Man 3 on the other hand was great, perhaps the best of the three.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremymc7 View Post
                                So funny. I thought Oz was slow and boring much of the time but had some good moments. Iron Man 3 on the other hand was great, perhaps the best of the three.

The battle towards the end was great, but that's only about 15 minutes of the film. I am not saying that I didn't like the movie, just that it didn't live up to the hype and really left me feeling empty...probably because all the Iron Man suits were destroyed. In my opinion it doesn't come close to the first movie...but this is the problem with movies...they have to find a way to live up to everyone's expectations and that ain't easy to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X