Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Flixster has added the ability to Delete titles from your collection.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flixster has added the ability to Delete titles from your collection.

I just deleted one of the movies I had duplicates of, Austin Powers. It only deleted one entry from UV, and it now pops up first in my Vudu account. But, it doesn't show that I own it in flixster. I guess I will have to wait until my account is fixed and it can check for new UV movies.

Comment

You should wait. uvvu.com is working on this feature now -- I've suggested that they have a hide/unhide feature in addition to delete. I'd rather hide than delete a movie, just in case.

And, if they'd just allow "gifting" of extra digital copies...

-- John

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
        Vudu needs this too. Free episodes of TV shows collect quickly and become an annoyance. Not an issue on Flixster since they do not have TV shows, but on Vudu, for sure something that is needed.

Thx very much for the info! I may use it once or twice over there.
        I emailed VUDU and asked them to delete a few of my titles. They responded within the hour and deleted all that I asked. I was impressed. Try that.

Comment

Originally posted by wildside View Post
          You should wait. uvvu.com is working on this feature now -- I've suggested that they have a hide/unhide feature in addition to delete. I'd rather hide than delete a movie, just in case.

And, if they'd just allow "gifting" of extra digital copies...

-- John
          UVVU.com seems it has been really slow to update anything. I have over 1500 in my UV and I can't even get that site to work for me anymore. I just get a bunch of errors any time I do anything. I would much rather use UVVU.com though because I know I'd probably be safer to remove duplicates through them. I think I have like 5 Austin Powers in my UV locker.

Comment

I thought I recall reading some time back that there was a way, or was perhaps going to BE a way to transfer those UV tiles to another UV account holder. So instead of just deleting titles, especially one's you may have actually bought you could just gift them to another UV account holder.

I know asside from duplice freebies there are a few movies that I bought twice on different accounts before they were combined. If I could get credited back a refund credit great, but no go, so if I had a way of giving it away all the better.

Comment

I have absolutely no desire for an option like this. Last thing i need to worry about is my family accidentally deleting one of my movies while im not around. The only way something like this could work is if you had to enter a password to delete something. Whats the big deal anyway? If you don't like something in your library, don't watch it.

Comment

Well I think the ability to "archive" at least would be good. Avoids it from showing up in your library if you don't want it anymore, even if it's not "permanent". Also would reduce load time, especially for multiples of the same time.

Might be a better concept than delete.

If you have to delete than it could at least be a web only option for the person with the log in password. Or require a second different password. I digress. Archive is best. Phone, or even written, even documentation with delay is prefered for permanent delete if absolutely necessary.

Comment

I like having the delete capability on Flixster and would like UVVU to add this feature. If they build in some protections accidental delete would be rare.

Some examples of protections listed below.
                  1. Only allow a UV login that is a Full member to delete all titles.
                  2. Only allow deletion if the current logged in user is the same as who added the title for standard members.
                  3. Don't allow Basic members to delete.

Comment

There are some movies so bad if I had them on DVD I would burn them. I have one on my VUDU account I would burn and delete from my account if I only could, and I paid real money for it. What a waste!

Comment

Originally posted by chrislind2 View Post
                      There are some movies so bad if I had them on DVD I would burn them. I have one on my VUDU account I would burn and delete from my account if I only could, and I paid real money for it. What a waste!
                      You can also delete a title from uvvu.com now.

Comment

Working...
                      X