Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

New Vudu Non Beta Application Is Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Vudu Non Beta Application Is Live

Originally posted by rdodolak View Post
    The August 31st date is stated in the terms and conditions on Vudu's In-Home Disc to Digital page.

http://www.vudu.com/in_home_disc_to_digital.html
    Right. ...I submitted a case for assistance and was basically told it doesn't apply to me. Maybe it's some issue with the use of credits toward further D2D? I don't know.

Comment

The August 31st date is stated in the terms and conditions on Vudu's In-Home Disc to Digital page.

http://www.vudu.com/in_home_disc_to_digital.html
      More like an uninformed CS rep.

Comment

More like an uninformed CS rep.
        I've noticed that as a possible trend as well. I think I was charged twice as much as I should have been. And I'm currently stuck dealing with the new version not being able to accept the movies that were in the old version's cart.

Comment

Interestingly, I started the Vudu app on Google Chrome on my desktop in the office this morning. Then I started Vudu on my laptop this afternoon, because I had movies to convert, and was told to upgrade to the new software which destroyed everything. My movies list is gone on the laptop and I can't add any titles it keeps telling me to upgrade the Vudu to Go app which I already did. But my movies list is still showing on the desktop so I am definitely going to print it.

I really hope Vudu gets their act together fast on this! I have 30 titles on my list to convert but as I said in my previous post I can't even go to Walmart. I appreciate the good customer credit but honestly is there a way to go back to the version of Vudu To Go that worked?

Comment

Re: ARGGHHH! My recognized titles are all completely GONE, as far as I can tell...

Originally posted by MGmirkin View Post
            @$#%^&*() !!

I just upgraded my app. Now my entire cart that I've been working on for MONTHS has vanished! (Yes it was a big order, I quite literally had hundreds of titles recognized and ready to go, but I was planning on saving up and then buying it all at once. Now it all appears to be completely GONE. Poof! Are you freaking kidding me?)

There better be a way to retrieve it all, or I'm going to be extraordinarily brassed off... Up until this point, barring some discs not recognizing, it's been a generally pleasant experience (except for the bit about the in-store and VUDU2Go carts being linked and not allowing me to make a small purchase in-store without wiping out my VUDU2Go cart in the process)...

I don't know if it's because of the software update or the fact that I used the "credit" you guys just gave us (thanks, by the way; awesome! already putting it to some good use) to buy a few titles via the site (that should IN NO WAY IMPACT my VUDU2Go cart) or whether it was something else.

This better be fixable on your end and in general to avoid it happening again or you're gonna' have A LOT of ANGRY people... Assuming my current ire is any indication.
            The older list (or older way to do at Walmart ) should still be here:
            http://www.vudu.com/disctodigital

LLN

Comment

Thanks it is still there. Now how do I go about getting the disc to digital program to work? It keeps asking me to download the new version which I already did and then nothing happens. I really want to convert these movies but it just won't?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul H View Post
                Thanks it is still there. Now how do I go about getting the disc to digital program to work? It keeps asking me to download the new version which I already did and then nothing happens. I really want to convert these movies but it just won't?
                For your case, I really think the installation wasn't complete. Please follow my post to cleanly uninstall both VUDU To Go and Adobe Air and reinstall.

BTW, after you download the new version you must go to Download folder and run the .exe file to really install the app.
                If you have not run that .exe then the download wouldn't automatically run that exe for you.

Thanks,
                LLN

Comment

LLN, I did the uninstall last night and I used windows explorer to try and find those two files to delete and they both weren't there. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. I am using Windows Vista on my laptop and there is no roaming folder under my username so If you have any suggestions I am willing to try it...... I posted on another thread that after all that I still get the same download the software message and nothing works except going to the competition and using there site. If you have any suggestions I would be grateful.
                  Paul

Comment

LLN, I did the uninstall last night and I used windows explorer to try and find those two files to delete and they both weren't there. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. I am using Windows Vista on my laptop and there is no roaming folder under my username so If you have any suggestions I am willing to try it...... I posted on another thread that after all that I still get the same download the software message and nothing works except going to the competition and using there site. If you have any suggestions I would be grateful.
                    Paul
                    I don't have Vista with me so I am not sure how the software installation path works on that. We tested from XP, W7 and W8.

I will dig around to find this info, please see if it's applicable for you.
                    Vista:
                    delete C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\AIR
                    and
                    delete C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\com.vudu.air.Dow nloader

LLN

Comment

LLN, Sorry no such path exists. There is no Appdata folder under my username.

Comment

LLN, Sorry no such path exists. There is no Appdata folder under my username.
                        Please keep in mind that Appdata is a hidden folder. You need to turn it on to see it or you can't see it.
                        http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-e1a780909880/

You can try to go to DOS prompt and then cd to the c:\users\your username\Appdata to see if you can get into it instead of using File Explorer.

LLN

Comment

LLN, Thanks that worked but I found the Hidden folders checkbox in Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I couldn't reach the number of disks for the 50% discount due to some discs not being recognized or registering as some other movie so I could only convert 6. Thanks for all your help!

Comment

LLN, Thanks that worked but I found the Hidden folders checkbox in Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I couldn't reach the number of disks for the 50% discount due to some discs not being recognized or registering as some other movie so I could only convert 6. Thanks for all your help!
                            You can leave the cart as is without checking it out. You can add more disc later to make the number and check out at the time.

Your cart is there until you check out or remove.

LLN

Comment

Originally posted by LocN View Post
                              You can leave the cart as is without checking it out. You can add more disc later to make the number and check out at the time.

LLN
                              Is the cart local or network based? Could I store movies for check-out on PC1 and finish the process on PC2?

Comment

Originally posted by LocN View Post

LLN
                                Thanks for letting me know that, I will use it in the future! Your the best LLN.
                                Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X