Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

My Disc-to-Digital initial experience - couldn't convert three popular movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Disc-to-Digital initial experience - couldn't convert three popular movies

I used the Disc-to-Digital program at home to convert about 100 DVDs to HDX this week. Things generally went smoothly but I'm stuck on getting the following three movies converted.

Last of the Mohicans
    Unforgiven
    Fifth Element

I have the physical DVDs for each of these movies but I keep getting an error "Problem verifying" while using Vudu To Go on my PC.

From reading the forums here, it appears that these are eligible for conversion. Am I doing something wrong here?

Re: My Disc-to-Digital initial experience - couldn't convert three popular movies

Originally posted by MikeTV View Post
    I used the Disc-to-Digital program at home to convert about 100 DVDs to HDX this week. Things generally went smoothly but I'm stuck on getting the following three movies converted.

Last of the Mohicans
    Unforgiven
    Fifth Element

I have the physical DVDs for each of these movies but I keep getting an error "Problem verifying" while using Vudu To Go on my PC.

From reading the forums here, it appears that these are eligible for conversion. Am I doing something wrong here?
    Nope, it's not just you. Lest we forget that D2D is still in beta there's a very long thread devoted to discs that should work, but don't. Still, it sure beats hauling your discs to Wally World only to be told that they can't convert them, right?

Comment

Re: My Disc-to-Digital initial experience - couldn't convert three popular movies

Originally posted by MaxH View Post
      Nope, it's not just you. Lest we forget that D2D is still in beta there's a very long thread devoted to discs that should work, but don't. Still, it sure beats hauling your discs to Wally World only to be told that they can't convert them, right?
      In store Walmart D2D doesn't actually read the discs they just verify the disc title, so they should be able to convert them or add them to your account

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Ghost View Post
        In store Walmart D2D doesn't actually read the discs they just verify the disc title, so they should be able to convert them or add them to your account
        Of course it costs more to go to the store while the promotion is underway.

Comment

For how much I have spent, this promotion came too late for me.

It would cost me more to:
          Buy a BluRay drive + Convert at home

Than
          Take Discs to Wal-Mart

So, Wal-Mart it is for me =\. Would have loved this promotion months ago =S

Comment

Originally posted by craiggers88 View Post
            For how much I have spent, this promotion came too late for me.

It would cost me more to:
            Buy a BluRay drive + Convert at home

Than
            Take Discs to Wal-Mart

So, Wal-Mart it is for me =\. Would have loved this promotion months ago =S
            Yeah, I have to agree. I have converted SO many movies at Wal-Mart, (my VUDU collection is currently at 265) and AGAIN, as an early adopter of something I received, wait for it, nothing. I laughed so hard when I saw the posts about the 50 percent Vudu credit for using the Disc Conversion Beta. I am extremely happy for those that got that as a bonus for trying out the system. The credit went to those people that took 2 minutes to download a piece of software to their computer, and not to those that had to physically drive somewhere, using gas, and deal with uninformed, untrained employees that often had no clue about giving the customer what he was asking for. I had to laugh though because I thought about ALL of the problems those of us that have been going to Walmart from the very beginning to use the D2D service have suffered. I'm thinking of clueless employees, wrong movie converted, wrong definition for converted movie, and so on and so on. Wow, would 50% Vudu credit have been great for going through that virtually everytime I've used D2D. I LOVE VUDU, always have, always will. Their customer service, in the relatively new world of UV, is second to none, and I am extremely appreciative that they even offer the ability to do D2D. So, I'm not really grousing too loud. I just think it's a very interesting who got rewarded here and who didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by tsken02 View Post
              Of course it costs more to go to the store while the promotion is underway.
              I agree in home is the way to go, but I was referring to the fact discs that were not being read at home could be converted in the store (provided the Walmart employees know what to do, maybe that is what Max meant) .

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Ghost View Post
                I agree in home is the way to go, but I was referring to the fact discs that were not being read at home could be converted in the store (provided the Walmart employees know what to do, maybe that is what Max meant) .
                <Max puts pointed finger to nose, points at Grey Ghost> Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll take them into the store and do the D2D upgrade there even if that means paying 50% more.

For what it's worth, my copy of the "The Fifth Element" is a flipper DVD. Remember those?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTV View Post
                    For what it's worth, my copy of the "The Fifth Element" is a flipper DVD. Remember those?
                    Yes, and for each one of those that I have, I've gotten the could not verify error. I've got a lot of old DVDs. I just add them to the Wal-Mart list and toddle off there when I get the time. Yes, it sucks right now because I don't get the 50% off, but, I've already done so many, it doesn't matter anymore. Now I'm getting down to my wife's movies so I don't really care to convert them unless she asks...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxH View Post
                      I was an early adopter too and think it is very unfortunate that that Wal-Mart has done such a poor job executing this offering. I just tested in home disc to digital because I want to FOUR different Wal-Marts recently and either they didn't have anyone who could use the machine or the machines didn't work. I used to not have any problems in store but won't do it again since they obviously can't, or don't, support the offering. My results from the in home offering were almost as frustrating: out of 25 movies, the software allowed me to convert only six. It couldn't identify six of them. Apparently they are supposed to verify the disc it can't identify (you type the name in) and email you when done but I tried that before and never got an email.

It's a great concept but I can't say Wal-Mart has done a good job executing it, which is unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerr22 View Post
                        I was an early adopter too and think it is very unfortunate that that Wal-Mart has done such a poor job executing this offering. I just tested in home disc to digital because I want to FOUR different Wal-Marts recently and either they didn't have anyone who could use the machine or the machines didn't work. I used to not have any problems in store but won't do it again since they obviously can't, or don't, support the offering. My results from the in home offering were almost as frustrating: out of 25 movies, the software allowed me to convert only six. It couldn't identify six of them. Apparently they are supposed to verify the disc it can't identify (you type the name in) and email you when done but I tried that before and never got an email.

It's a great concept but I can't say Wal-Mart has done a good job executing it, which is unfortunate.
                        I agree the in-store conversion has been a disaster in many locations, not just because the employees weren't trained, but because we have multiple reports like yours where they weren't just unprepared, but unwilling or unable to follow the instructions in some cases.

Now as for your 25 movies, are they all eligible for in-home D2D? I've had about a 60-70% initial success rate, but having been doing this since they first offered in-home D2D, I'd say I've eventually completed about 85-90% of all the discs I've tried...but then, I only try ones that are eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerr22 View Post

My view is different. I agree the in-store method is rightly compared to running a gauntlet which has the potential to test the limits of human frustration. For over a year, I have been bringing physical discs into the photo counter of mostly one Wal-Mart. As such, the staff there knows the process well if for no other customer, from my patronage.

This has opened up for me a reliable method to convert my existing physical media library into iVoD titles for a nominal administrative fee.

This is available for anyone who wishes. At some Wal-Marts, the patronage of D2D customers may be non-existent or close enough to. The staff may well fumble the requests when ask to complete a foreign process. To me, this should be expected instead of criticized.

If the process is smooth or frustrating, the in-store D2D program remains the only option for people wanting to convert a Blu-ray Disc to an iVoD title if they do not have a Blu-ray Disc drive on their computer or for buggy titles on the in-home application.

Comment

Working...
                          X