Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Error reading DVD disc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Error reading DVD disc.

Originally posted by LocN View Post
    We are trying our best to figure out the issue, so we ask you to provide information so we can get the same environment setup.
    Please provide the debug output that I asked. In addition please provide:
    - Hardware: (dell, HP ...) model ..., drive ...
    - OS (W7 32 or 64 bit)

LLN
    HP Pavilion DV7-7012nr
    HP BD CMB UJ160 SCSI CDROM Device
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Comment

Originally posted by tksams View Post
      Ok that's great, what's the ETA? How long is the 50% pricing going to last? Is there any way someone at VUDU Can provide us with a coupon code(s) or something so that we can get the same promotion at Wal-Mart since we are completely unable to do the at home disc to digital at all?

I understand issues happen but I feel like its pretty unacceptable to miss out on this promotion/Deal because your software doesn't work.
      It's unlikely they will be able to give you an ETA until they can replicate the issue and identify the root cause(s).

Comment

Originally posted by rdodolak View Post
        It's unlikely they will be able to give you an ETA until they can replicate the issue and identify the root cause(s).

Well I'm trying to get a feel if I need to just pony up and and use Wal Mart or if I can wait this issue out and still take advantage of the 50% off discount. It would be nice to know what I'm going to need to do.

It really seems that there isn't much hope of this getting fixed anytime in the next several weeks, but I really do hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Well I'm trying to get a feel if I need to just pony up and and use Wal Mart or if I can wait this issue out and still take advantage of the 50% off discount. It would be nice to know what I'm going to need to do.

It really seems that there isn't much hope of this getting fixed anytime in the next several weeks, but I really do hope I'm wrong.
          I'd wait it out until it's closer to the end of the promotion and then if there's still no change then you can take them to Walmart.

I know that isn't the kind of answer that anyone likes to hear but it is what it is. No developer can give a reasonable or believable ETA without knowing what the problem is. At this point if Vudu were to give you an ETA it would be nothing more than a guess which puts you in no better position than you are now.

Comment

Windows 8 64 bit, Lenovo G580
            OK, if you guys want us to solve it, please give me very detail specs of your laptop. I will purchase one. (we ran through entire company PCs and can't get this problem)

I would need:
            - Make
            - Model
            - CPU Speed i.e. 2.2 GHz Pentium B960 or Intel Core i3 2.5 GHz
            - OS, Home/Pro, 32/64
            - DVD drive make and model
            - HDD size

I'm trying to match the configuration, and some HW specs are not needed but I just want to make sure I am going to get the hardware like yours to reproduce the problem.

If you think you have modified, upgraded OS, altered BIOS, replaced drive, hacked this/that etc. then please don't give me your specs. I just want to buy something from manufacture and has the same configuration like yours.

LLN

Comment

Originally posted by rdodolak View Post
              I'd wait it out until it's closer to the end of the promotion and then if there's still no change then you can take them to Walmart.

I know that isn't the kind of answer that anyone likes to hear but it is what it is. No developer can give a reasonable or believable ETA without knowing what the problem is. At this point if Vudu were to give you an ETA it would be nothing more than a guess which puts you in no better position than you are now.

Again, this is great and all, and I understand stuff happens. but WHEN does the promotion end? I have no idea and I cannot find it anywhere. All in all, I just want to give Vudu some business and save some cash in the process.

Trust me, I understand development, I'm a developer myself, and the answer should be something like this "I am aggressively working to get this reproduced, I'll let you know as soon as I can."

Just doesn't seem like anyone cares, which is obviously frustrating.

Comment

OK, if you guys want us to solve it, please give me very detail specs of your laptop. I will purchase one. (we ran through entire company PCs and can't get this problem)

I would need:
                - Make
                - Model
                - OS, Home/Pro, 32/64
                - HDD size

I'm trying to match the configuration, and some HW specs are not needed but I just want to make sure I am going to get the hardware like yours to reproduce the problem.

LLN

It is not just my Laptop, it's happening on my custom built desktop, and my friends Macbook Pro as well.

The laptop can be found here: http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops...ir=y#customize

It's the model currently selling for $549, #59371416 - Dark Brown

It's running Windows 8 64 bit. That is the laptop exactly.

Honestly, I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that you can't reproduce it, as I've been able to do it on *THREE* Different computers.

Also, I have not "hacked" or "modified" anything, those are exactly what is running this pc, up to all of the original lenovo software.

Comment

I would need:
                  - Make
                  - Model
                  - OS, Home/Pro, 32/64
                  - HDD size

If you think you have modified, upgraded OS, altered BIOS, replaced drive, hacked this/that etc. then please don't give me your specs. I just want to buy something from manufacture and has the same configuration like yours.

LLN

If it will speed this up, send me a PM, I'm perfectly willing to let you Remote in (via chrome remote desktop, or join.me) to take a look.

Comment

It is not just my Laptop, it's happening on my custom built desktop, and my friends Macbook Pro as well.

The laptop can be found here: http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops...ir=y#customize
                    The URL gave "Ships in more than 4 weeks**" for the model you mentioned. Either you can wait or I will have to look for a different model.

What is the Macbook pro model? That should be standard hardware that we can find.
                    I am assuming your disc are legitimate and in good condition.

LLN

Comment

The URL gave "Ships in more than 4 weeks**" for the model you mentioned. Either you can wait or I will have to look for a different model.

What is the Macbook pro model? That should be standard hardware that we can find.
                      I am assuming your disc are legitimate and in good condition.

LLN
                      The macbook pro is just a basic 15" 2012 macbook pro, nothing custom about it.

The custom desktop is running windows 8 64 bit as well (are you sure that's not the problem?), the dvd drive is:
                      TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653Q

Yes, all discs are legitimate, store bought, I can send you a picture of the giant box of all of them and their UPC codes.
                      (I know its not the discs because they work fine in the BestBuy Cinema Now and Flixster Disc to digital software).

4 weeks is really going to push it, but if you want the same hardware, that's the laptop, Im sure it can be found somewhere else.
                      Can you maybe put me in touch with someone in customer care that can possibly generate the same promotion so that I can just take these to wal-mart and be done with it?

Comment

I just got 1 from Amazon with a lesser hard drive and RAM should be the same with yours.

Our MacBook Pro are older year as we recently only ordered the retina version (no internal DVD).

LLN

The macbook pro is just a basic 15" 2012 macbook pro, nothing custom about it.

The custom desktop is running windows 8 64 bit as well (are you sure that's not the problem?), the dvd drive is:
                        TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653Q

Yes, all discs are legitimate, store bought, I can send you a picture of the giant box of all of them and their UPC codes.
                        (I know its not the discs because they work fine in the BestBuy Cinema Now and Flixster Disc to digital software).

4 weeks is really going to push it, but if you want the same hardware, that's the laptop, Im sure it can be found somewhere else.
                        Can you maybe put me in touch with someone in customer care that can possibly generate the same promotion so that I can just take these to wal-mart and be done with it?

Comment

Originally posted by digitalfreaknyc View Post
                          HP Pavilion DV7-7012nr
                          HP BD CMB UJ160 SCSI CDROM Device
                          Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
                          Thank you. I am starting w/ the Lenovo G580 first.

LLN

Comment

I would need:
                            - Make
                            - Model
                            - OS, Home/Pro, 32/64
                            - HDD size

LLN
                            I already sent the DxDiag.txt file and have a case setup. This file should give you all the information you need. Also, the case # is 130616-000048. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lujan View Post
                              I already sent the DxDiag.txt file and have a case setup. This file should give you all the information you need. Also, the case # is 130616-000048. Thanks
                              I may not have access to that DxDiag.txt or the file may not tell me about the make model and other info. Please put it here so I can try to see if there is some pattern of hardware/software that we can narrow down.

Thanks,
                              LLN

Comment

I may not have access to that DxDiag.txt or the file may not tell me about the make model and other info. Please put it here so I can try to see if there is some pattern of hardware/software that we can narrow down.

Thanks,
                                LLN
                                Make - Dell
                                Model - Alienware M17XR4
                                CPU Speed - Intel Core i7 2.3 GHz
                                OS - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
                                DVD drive - HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA40N
                                HDD size - 1 TB
                                Memory - 24 GB

Comment

Working...
                                X