Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Why Vudu and Ultraviolet is better than Amazon for now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Vudu and Ultraviolet is better than Amazon for now...

So, I emailed HBO about Game Of Thrones not having a redemption for Amazon and here was the response. I do hate Amazon's redemption process where you get credit and then purchase. That's just idiotic and convoluted having to enter codes twice and then purchase. Vudu and UV are so much easier.

Dear Customer,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Due to numerous customer complaints with the Amazon Instant Video redemption process, this option has been disabled. We are working vigorously with Amazon to streamline the process. We cannot provide an ETA on when this will be available again.

Thanks,
    HBO DIGITAL COPY SUPPORT

**EDIT**
    My title should have read "Yet another reason why Vudu and Ultraviolet is better than Amazon for now..."

Re: Why Vudu and Ultraviolet is better than Amazon for now...

Originally posted by MoWeb View Post
    So, I emailed HBO about Game Of Thrones not having a redemption for Amazon and here was the response. I do hate Amazon's redemption process where you get credit and then purchase. That's just idiotic and convoluted having to enter codes twice and then purchase. Vudu and UV are so much easier.

Dear Customer,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Due to numerous customer complaints with the Amazon Instant Video redemption process, this option has been disabled. We are working vigorously with Amazon to streamline the process. We cannot provide an ETA on when this will be available again.

Thanks,
    HBO DIGITAL COPY SUPPORT

**EDIT**
    My title should have read "Yet another reason why Vudu and Ultraviolet is better than Amazon for now..."
    Amazon and especially Microshaft need to support UV, otherwise they will be dropping the ball big time. I always feel like Amazon host their servers from their rear ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodoo4Vudu View Post
      Amazon and especially Microshaft need to support UV, otherwise they will be dropping the ball big time. I always feel like Amazon host their servers from their rear ends.

The guy who use to sit at the desk next to me moved to Seattle to work for them. His office now is 40 floors up in downtown Seattle overlooking the Pacific.

They are good professional folks at Amazon. Hard to argue with their success.

There is a phrase though. "Jack of all trades. Master of none".

As an internet retailer, they are the largest on the globe. Also, they are the largest e-reader distributer of e-books.

Their iVoD / sVoD service is a mixed bag. They do have market success with the advent of their Kindle Fire & Kindle Fire HD tablets. Less then half the price of an iPad and a wealth of content to choose from.

However, Vudu has the advantage of a single focus. For my money, I like to UV / Vudu my entertainment collection.

If Amazon turned some knobs and made 1080p as crisp as Vudu and also joined DECE, Vudu would become pressed into a corner.

As it stands, I am "all-in" on the Vudu table.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
        The guy who use to sit at the desk next to me moved to Seattle to work for them. His office now is 40 floors up in downtown Seattle overlooking the Pacific.

They are good professional folks at Amazon. Hard to argue with their success.

There is a phrase though. "Jack of all trades. Master of none".

As an internet retailer, they are the largest on the globe. Also, they are the largest e-reader distributer of e-books.

Their iVoD / sVoD service is a mixed bag. They do have market success with the advent of their Kindle Fire & Kindle Fire HD tablets. Less then half the price of an iPad and a wealth of content to choose from.

However, Vudu has the advantage of a single focus. For my money, I like to UV / Vudu my entertainment collection.

If Amazon turned some knobs and made 1080p as crisp as Vudu and also joined DECE, Vudu would become pressed into a corner.

As it stands, I am "all-in" on the Vudu table.

Agreed!!!!

I'm all in with Vudu also, I'm completely hooked on adding movies. I look everyday to see if I can add another .

As for Amazon, another problem with them is they seem to not want to maximize their dollars by offering an Android App for AIV. They have an iPad App for AIV. It makes no sense to use Android (for their Kindle) and not have an App for people that don't want to buy the Kindle. I guess they think people will want the Kindle that use Android just to get AIV. The Kindle is no match for other tablets in my opinion, it's too Apple-ish locked down for my tastes.

Comment

If Amazon would just join up with the UltraViolet community then the problem would be solved.

Comment

Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
            If Amazon would just join up with the UltraViolet community then the problem would be solved.
            Indeed I agree, Amazon is cheaper also usually. What kills me is Cinemanow is missing the boat also totally with their constant overpricing on HD releases. And I mean why don't they have a Roku app by now... it's just silly

Comment

Agreed!!!!

I'm all in with Vudu also, I'm completely hooked on adding movies. I look everyday to see if I can add another .

As for Amazon, another problem with them is they seem to not want to maximize their dollars by offering an Android App for AIV. They have an iPad App for AIV. It makes no sense to use Android (for their Kindle) and not have an App for people that don't want to buy the Kindle. I guess they think people will want the Kindle that use Android just to get AIV. The Kindle is no match for other tablets in my opinion, it's too Apple-ish locked down for my tastes.

Mr. MoWeb,

my life has crumbled as I live each breath to data mine for Vudu movies. My heart flutters in joy when I make a discovery. All else is simply background noise at this point and I fear the North Koreans may have invaded Saudi Arabia or something without me knowing. In the big picture, it just doesn't matter. The only thing that does is expanding my Vudu collection.

Sincerely,

-Walter

P.S.- it is well known Amazon was attempting to corner the market with their low priced tablet. It was a valiant effort, but has failed with the relentless flow of change in the CE industry. I too hope they will join DECE. Time will tell...

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
                Mr. MoWeb,

my life has crumbled as I live each breath to data mine for Vudu movies. My heart flutters in joy when I make a discovery. All else is simply background noise at this point and I fear the North Koreans may have invaded Saudi Arabia or something without me knowing. In the big picture, it just doesn't matter. The only thing that does is expanding my Vudu collection.

Sincerely,

-Walter

P.S.- it is well known Amazon was attempting to corner the market with their low priced tablet. It was a valiant effort, but has failed with the relentless flow of change in the CE industry. I too hope they will join DECE. Time will tell...
                Sir Walter of Vudu,

I need to go to rehab!! What can you suggest to control my addiction because I just added another 48 movies via the Vudu To Go app. Please stop me, I have a mortgage to pay, a wife and kids to feed ...and by the way Amazon is missing out big time on all of this. Go VUDU!!!!

Mo

Comment

Sir Walter of Vudu,

I need to go to rehab!! What can you suggest to control my addiction because I just added another 48 movies via the Vudu To Go app. Please stop me, I have a mortgage to pay, a wife and kids to feed ...and by the way Amazon is missing out big time on all of this. Go VUDU!!!!

Mo

I fear all hope is lost.

Movie time...

More lobotomizing 1080p pls...

Comment

I fell your Pain Walter, and Mo. Every day I check to see if any new titles have been added to UV and D2D, hoping to be able to add to my collection. My list is getting shorter every week. If Disney ever joins D2D I think some of us will need a 12 step program to control our addiction.

Hello, my name is Josh, and I have an addiction to vudu.

Comment

Originally posted by echopulse View Post
                      I fell your Pain Walter, and Mo. Every day I check to see if any new titles have been added to UV and D2D, hoping to be able to add to my collection. My list is getting shorter every week. If Disney ever joins D2D I think some of us will need a 12 step program to control our addiction.

ever try a set of studio quality wireless headphones to scramble your brain from the sides while your eyes soak in the crystalline 1080p from the screen?

Sensory overload something fierce. I kid you not.

These kids growing up with this stuff better all become Einsteins.

We grew up with acting school drop outs entertaining us with sock puppets.

These kids have $150,000,000.00 budget full length feature films at their fingertips being piped in in amazing clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by echopulse View Post

EP aka Josh,

Now you've done it, I'm getting the shakes thinking about my Disney/BVHE collection not to mention all of my movies without an HD upgrade option.

BTW, I love your last sentence, very accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
                          The IRONY here, of course, is that Amazon was supposed to be one of the first publicly announced support "partners" for UV. They've completely dropped the ball, as far as I'm concerned, since they seem to have no support for UV with their own VOD. If they added UV rights to their VOD purchases, they would be a serious contender in the marketplace. It's silly that they haven't yet.

Everyone else seems to have beaten them to it.

~MG

Comment

Originally posted by MGmirkin View Post
                            The IRONY here, of course, is that Amazon was supposed to be one of the first publicly announced support "partners" for UV. They've completely dropped the ball, as far as I'm concerned, since they seem to have no support for UV with their own VOD. If they added UV rights to their VOD purchases, they would be a serious contender in the marketplace. It's silly that they haven't yet.

Everyone else seems to have beaten them to it.

~MG
                            I think Amazon is caught up in the whole whirlwind of developing their own hardware device; a la Apple.

Comment

Originally posted by rdodolak View Post
                              I think Amazon is caught up in the whole whirlwind of developing their own hardware device; ? la Apple.
                              Sure, their Kindle or whatnot. But they're a huge corporation. One assumes they can multi-task.

Comment

Working...
                              X