Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Some movies lost UV compatibility....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some movies lost UV compatibility....

I also have The Hills Have Eyes Unrated lose the UV status, along with Something About Mary and Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle. I opened a ticket both with Vudu and UV Support. UV Support replied "At this time there is no way to remove or delete titles from a UV account. Some of our media providers such as VUDU can remove titles from their accounts but not from the Ultraviolet account itself. " But they (UV) has referred my request on to higher support.

I would really love to trust digital service only, but they are sure making it hard to fully embrace it as you never know what's going to happen next.

Comment

I got a response back already saying the movie never had UV support, which is complete shenanigans. If I'm not mistaken, I thought every D2D title now had to be UV compatible now. Either way, I am going to have to investigate to see if I have any old screenshots of my UV locker.

Comment

Originally posted by vanton619 View Post
        I got a response back already saying the movie never had UV support, which is complete shenanigans. If I'm not mistaken, I thought every D2D title now had to be UV compatible now. Either way, I am going to have to investigate to see if I have any old screenshots of my UV locker.
        They are supposed to all be UV compatible, but Taken (Unrated) is D2D and it is not UV as of this post. This was also the case for Hitman (Unrated) and a couple of other titles, but those have since been given UV rights.

I have to say this is prompting me to double check my VUDU and UV accounts, because this isn't supposed to happen. It's also discouraging, because if it turns out they were just removed without a refund, this can be what the iTunes crowd can point to as why UV is not a better option. UV is starting to get some real traction, I'd hate for this to be a step backward. I'd really like one of the VUDU Mods to weigh in on this, or maybe Jake can tell us what he knows?

Comment

I suppose it is possible for a move to get on the D2D list that is not UV. It's maintained by support folks somewhere, and they can make mistakes. I'd never given it much thought.

Comment

There are a few titles that are D2D but not UltraViolet. Meet the Parents is another one, in addition to the ones already listed.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow316 View Post
              They are supposed to all be UV compatible, but Taken (Unrated) is D2D and it is not UV as of this post. This was also the case for Hitman (Unrated) and a couple of other titles, but those have since been given UV rights.

I have to say this is prompting me to double check my VUDU and UV accounts, because this isn't supposed to happen. It's also discouraging, because if it turns out they were just removed without a refund, this can be what the iTunes crowd can point to as why UV is not a better option. UV is starting to get some real traction, I'd hate for this to be a step backward. I'd really like one of the VUDU Mods to weigh in on this, or maybe Jake can tell us what he knows?
              On 4-23-2012 I did a d2d of There's Something About Mary (Extended Edition) it remained in my UV locker for over a year until it was recently removed.

On 6-27-2013 I noticed under my Balance and History that on 6-17-2013 Vudu added There's Something About Mary (Theatrical Edition) to my account which I don't own.

However none are in my uv account,only There's Something About Mary (Extended Edition) is in my Vudu account.

Also Meet the Parents was once in my UV account but was removed for some unknown reason last year.

In the future it is best to save your UV locker web page with all your movies in alphabetical order to your hard drive for visual proof.

Needless to say removing movies from your UV locker is unacceptable and should never occur.

Comment

Originally posted by kokomo View Post
                On 4-23-2012 I did a d2d of There's Something About Mary (Extended Edition) it remained in my UV locker for over a year until it was recently removed.

On 6-27-2013 I noticed under my Balance and History that on 6-17-2013 Vudu added There's Something About Mary (Theatrical Edition) to my account which I don't own.

However none are in my uv account,only There's Something About Mary (Extended Edition) is in my Vudu account.

Also Meet the Parents was once in my UV account but was removed for some unknown reason last year.

In the future it is best to save your UV locker web page with all your movies in alphabetical order to your hard drive for visual proof.

Needless to say removing movies from your UV locker is unacceptable and should never occur.
                I list all my movies on the Ultraviolet site and then save the page as an HTML file every time I add new movies. This way I have proof of ownership. This also help to verify if you own SD or HD.

Comment

Just double checked: Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle is in my UVVU locker, but under "K" for Kumar.

I acquired through Walmart D2D, and have since yesterday, confirmed playback through (1) Vudu, (2) Flixster, and (3) CinemaNow.

Has anyone found that they can't playback the missing titles from a non-Vudu UV provider?

Comment

Originally posted by nyunole View Post
                    Just double checked: Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle is in my UVVU locker, but under "K" for Kumar.

I acquired through Walmart D2D, and have since yesterday, confirmed playback through (1) Vudu, (2) Flixster, and (3) CinemaNow.

Has anyone found that they can't playback the missing titles from a non-Vudu UV provider?
                    Is yours the rated or unrated version? It's the unrated version that is having the issues.

Comment

Is yours the rated or unrated version? It's the unrated version that is having the issues.
                      Rated/Theatrical

Sorry, didn't realize problem was with Unrated version.

Comment

For me this is the situation regarding the movies below.

Harold and Kumar go to White Castle (Unrated) - Acquired 5-29-13 (never in UV locker)
                        Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay(Unrated) - Acquired 5-29-13 (never in UV locker)
                        There's Something About Mary Extended Edition - Acquired 5-29-13 (Listed as Theatrical version removed from UV locker sometime after 6-11-13)

Comment

So I just got done with a series of emails with vudu and this is what they said in one email.

When converting titles from disc to digital you are only technically purchasing the rights through VUDU. Once you own the rights on VUDU you will have them whether we lose the title or not.
                          However, if Ultraviolet loses the transfer license that is something we have no control over. In order for these titles to be available on Ultraviolet or transferred to to other services is to have this license. Once it is lost the movie will only be available in the service you purchased them through.

So now that this has been said this might change my support for UV and Vudu. I have almost 1000 movies and tv shows in my vudu account and have about 55 more titles in my d2d que but I am not sure if I am gonna continue.

Comment

Originally posted by bjeong1381 View Post
                            So I just got done with a series of emails with vudu and this is what they said in one email.

When converting titles from disc to digital you are only technically purchasing the rights through VUDU. Once you own the rights on VUDU you will have them whether we lose the title or not.
                            However, if Ultraviolet loses the transfer license that is something we have no control over. In order for these titles to be available on Ultraviolet or transferred to to other services is to have this license. Once it is lost the movie will only be available in the service you purchased them through.

So now that this has been said this might change my support for UV and Vudu. I have almost 1000 movies and tv shows in my vudu account and have about 55 more titles in my d2d que but I am not sure if I am gonna continue.
                            My latest response is similar too.

Basically, I can invest a lot of money into UV, and then have the rug pulled out from me at any time if someone decides they don't want to support UV anymore. I don't like this game.

Comment

Originally posted by bjeong1381 View Post

When I purchase digital rights to a UV title through D2D (whether it's using Vudu, Flixster, or CinemaNow's D2D service) it should transfer to my UV locker. It's no different than if I purchase a UV movie from any of these companies. UV boasts that we have "total freedom" to watch your movies.

As soon as the slap that UV logo on a movie and allow us to buy digital viewing rights through disc-to-digital, it's a done deal. The movie industry isn't allowed to label their products as something they are not. They might be able to remove the UV compatibility for any NEW purchases, but they cannot reverse this for previously purchased movies since UV doesn't expire.

Here is what UltraViolet says: "Committed to the Future - UltraViolet isn't just here for today. Backed by many of the world's leading entertainment and technology companies, your UltraViolet movies & TV shows will be ready and watchable for as long as you want to watch them."

Comment

I don't mean to get on my soapbox here, but as with any new service, there are risks. We all knew the risks going in upon reading the FAQ and service agreement with UV. I agree that it's unacceptable to lose something in your purchased through any provider. However, even the D2D program says it is UV COMPATIBLE. I don't recall seeing anywhere that it says that D2D grants UV rights, it is merely a gateway to the UV program. I don't defend what has happened here, just simply a reminder of what we all already knew.

If it's any consolation, VUDU is a Wal-Mart company, and there's little chance that it will ever go anywhere. So the movies we have all paid for will still be available there, if nothing else. I really never expect Unrated or Extended versions of movies to be UV, unless the movie itself was physically purchased with a UV code. If it's something that I D2D, and it later becomes UV, I consider it a bonus.

I'd read your iTunes and/or Amazon user agreements as well. My guess is there are similar clauses in their user agreements that UV has. There are going to be ups and downs in the world's transition to digital and streaming media. Consider this a speed bump, albeit an annoying one.

Comment

Working...
                                X