Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Some movies lost UV compatibility....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some movies lost UV compatibility....

So if a movie losses its UV status does it leave our vudu account? If I redeemed it does my friends vudu account losses it on his vudu account that's linked to our uv account?

Comment

Originally posted by asumovieman View Post
      So if a movie losses its UV status does it leave our vudu account? If I redeemed it does my friends vudu account losses it on his vudu account that's linked to our uv account?
      If it happens, especially to a UV code that you redeem, then you should ask for a complete refund for your DVD or Blu-ray. UV rights are suppose to be FOREVER. Anything less than forever is unacceptable and false advertising at best.

Comment

I had sent a Vudu support ticket and UltraViolet support ticket to try and get clarification; Pretty much is blame to each other as expected. Vudu referred me to Ultraviolet "This may be due to licensing rights between the movie company and UltraViolet. You can contact them at the Ultraviolet support email to get more information as far as why those titles are no longer available with UV. ". Ultraviolet has stated "At this time there is no way to remove or delete titles from a UV account. Some of our media providers such as VUDU can remove titles from their accounts but not from the Ultraviolet account itself."

So basically I will rethink of trusting this concept 100%. If I buy something going forward it will be in mind if its on atleast Vudu. I'm not going to switch to digital only and go back to buying physical medium since it can't be trusted. In my past dealings with UV support, there will be no support so its more of you are on your own.

I just wonder what's going to happen next? Since first it was the linking dropping from 5 down to 3 down to 2 and now movies disappearing/changing status after purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelB9 View Post
          ... Ultraviolet has stated "At this time there is no way to remove or delete titles from a UV account. Some of our media providers such as VUDU can remove titles from their accounts but not from the Ultraviolet account itself." ...
          LOL, then how does Flixster claim to be able to delete titles from your UV account.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow316 View Post
            I don't recall seeing anywhere that it says that D2D grants UV rights
            How much does it cost to convert a DVD or Blu-ray? disc to digital and add it to my UltraViolet? and VUDU account?
            $2 per DVD to convert to Standard Definition (?SD?)
            $2 per Blu-ray? disc to convert to High Definition with Dolby Digital Plus Surround Sound (?HDX?)
            $5 per DVD to convert and upgrade to HDX

I paid 10 dollars for two movies to be added to my UltraViolet account that were later removed.

How many more of my movies are going to disappear?

UltraViolet seem like a great idea until my movies started disappearing.

Comment

Originally posted by kokomo View Post
              How much does it cost to convert a DVD or Blu-ray? disc to digital and add it to my UltraViolet? and VUDU account?
              $2 per DVD to convert to Standard Definition (?SD?)
              $2 per Blu-ray? disc to convert to High Definition with Dolby Digital Plus Surround Sound (?HDX?)
              $5 per DVD to convert and upgrade to HDX

I paid 10 dollars for two movies to be added to my UltraViolet account that were later removed.

How many more of my movies are going to disappear?

UltraViolet seem like a great idea until my movies started disappearing.
              Don't get me wrong, I think you SHOULD be upset and there should be outrage over this, no matter what the reason is. It also doesn't help that VUDU and UV blame each other when support tickets are open (when UV bothers to respond to support tickets.)

When this happened with the Marvel movies there was a huge backlash, which eventually led to those movies being re-added to accounts and considered "grandfathered in". If there were a similar outrage in this case, it's likely the same thing would happen. Have you tried contacting Flixster? If I remember correctly, Harold & Kumar movies are New Line Cinema right? That's a part of Warner Brothers, which owns Flixster. They may actually be able to help look into this for you, just don't mention that you got the movies from VUDU. Just say they were in your UV account and now they've disappeared. I hope this helps and I hope something like this doesn't happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow316 View Post
                Don't get me wrong, I think you SHOULD be upset and there should be outrage over this, no matter what the reason is. It also doesn't help that VUDU and UV blame each other when support tickets are open (when UV bothers to respond to support tickets.)

When this happened with the Marvel movies there was a huge backlash, which eventually led to those movies being re-added to accounts and considered "grandfathered in". If there were a similar outrage in this case, it's likely the same thing would happen. Have you tried contacting Flixster? If I remember correctly, Harold & Kumar movies are New Line Cinema right? That's a part of Warner Brothers, which owns Flixster. They may actually be able to help look into this for you, just don't mention that you got the movies from VUDU. Just say they were in your UV account and now they've disappeared. I hope this helps and I hope something like this doesn't happen again.
                So I contacted vudu and uv and vudu said it was a uv thing. Uv said it was a wb thing. Wb said it was a vudu thing. In other words. We are screwed.

Comment

I asked this before but never received an answer:

Comment

Hmm well this is super sketch. Looks like it's back to discs for me. They will eventually do this with most of the movies, slowly disappearing in different ways until we're down to like 4 movies in our UV lockers. I knew this was too good to be true.

Comment

My solution lies in the CFF release. Once it is available, I will download all my movies to local storage media and never have to worry if a title is available on a given provider.

However, the issue of a title becoming unavailable on UV is not really solved. The idea of a permanent license to something means just that, it MUST be permanent. I can see how the Vudu D2D to UV relationship strains the bounds, are we paying for rights on Vudu, or a UV license? If it is the later, our claim to a 'removed' title is irrefutable, provided we can show proof of ownership (I will henceforth save my UVVU library page, on occasion, to prove any future issues).

How will the transfer of rights between studios affect the owner of a UV license? This should be made clear to the consumer, especially for EST UV purchases, which are not just a bonus to physical media.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedaddict81 View Post
                        My solution lies in the CFF release. Once it is available, I will download all my movies to local storage media and never have to worry if a title is available on a given provider.

However, the issue of a title becoming unavailable on UV is not really solved. The idea of a permanent license to something means just that, it MUST be permanent. I can see how the Vudu D2D to UV relationship strains the bounds, are we paying for rights on Vudu, or a UV license? If it is the later, our claim to a 'removed' title is irrefutable, provided we can show proof of ownership (I will henceforth save my UVVU library page, on occasion, to prove any future issues).

How will the transfer of rights between studios affect the owner of a UV license? This should be made clear to the consumer, especially for EST UV purchases, which are not just a bonus to physical media.
                        I see this CFF release mentioned alot, but what exactly are the benefits? As I understand it (and correct me if I'm wrong on these points), the unlimited downloaidng of files now enjoyed would be limited, the files would still only be playable through VUDU or a UV player, so its still fairplay locked like itunes. Does CFF create a more tangible file?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelB9 View Post
                          I also have The Hills Have Eyes Unrated lose the UV status
                          I noticed this has happened to me too. The Hills Have Eyes: Unrated (2006) is missing from my Ultraviolet account. It's also missing from my Flixster and CinemaNow libraries. It's still in my Vudu account, so the problem seems to be at Ultraviolet.

This is really disturbing. I've spent over $1000 converting my BD/DVD collection to Ultraviolet. I was under the impression that once a UV movie is purchased, you will never lose the rights to that title. At the Ultraviolet site it says:

Will my UltraViolet rights expire?
                          No, your rights to your UltraViolet Collection of movies and TV shows do not expire. Content providers may limit the time you have to redeem an UltraViolet code that comes with a Blu-ray Disc or DVD, but after you have redeemed your rights to the movie or TV show, your rights do not expire.

http://www.uvvu.com/faqs.php#question-4
                          So how can they remove a movie like that? What's going to happen if one of the studios decide they don't want to be a part of Ultraviolet anymore? Will I suddenly lose hundreds of movies I've purchased?

Comment

Originally posted by tbdave View Post
                            So how can they remove a movie like that? What's going to happen if one of the studios decide they don't want to be a part of Ultraviolet anymore? Will I suddenly lose hundreds of movies I've purchased?
                            I would expect that the movies would be removed and no longer available to be purchased, or at least no longer available to be purchased as a UV title. However, those of us who already own a UV digital copy should still have a UV digital copy...this is according to the UV website. Our access to our movies is FOREVER.

What happens when you buy a car from a car dealer who later goes out of business? They don't come take your car away.

Comment

I tried contacting Ultraviolet customer service. They eventually transferred the matter to Vudu customer service. After going back and forth with Vudu CS, I ended up with this response:

Thank you for contacting VUDU customer care. Unfortunately, we cannot add the movie back to your UV locker. This is an issue between UV and that movie studios. There is nothing VUDU can do to resolve it.
                              What a waste of time. I've been really disappointed with Vudu customer service lately. They were absolutely no help on the Hansel & Gretel problem. And now they don't offer any help with this matter.

Comment

Both
                                There's Something About Mary (Extended Edition)
                                The Hills Have Eyes: Unrated (2006)

are distributed by
                                20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

They should control the UV rights, correct?
                                Digital Copy assistance call 866-520-6606 M-F 8am-5pm PST or email foxdigitalcopy@foxcustomercare.com

Comment

Working...
                                X