Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Some movies lost UV compatibility....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some movies lost UV compatibility....

Seems Fox has their own rules for UV:
    https://foxuv.com/terms

(b) Removal of Fox Content or Other Materials. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, Fox and its licensors reserve the right to change, suspend, remove, or disable access to the UV Content, or other materials at any time without notice. In no event will Fox be liable for the removal of or disabling of access to the UV Content or materials under this Agreement.

Comment

Sounds like they are willing to accept potentially facing a class action lawsuit to me. Removing any UV title from our locker is the same as walking into our homes and stealing our DVDs. We have bought digital rights with the understanding that we can watch our movies in the cloud anytime we want and forever. This is the essence of what UV is.

Comment

I don't think There's Something About Mary Extended Edition ever had UV rights. The same with a few other movies that are D2D but not UV, such as Meet the Parents.

As far as the Fox disclaimer goes, I think they means they have the right to pull the title from the EST marketplace. I don't think they would, or even can remove a title from your collection once you redeem it. Any lawyers around here? For a class action lawsuit, you have to have tens or hundreds of thousands of people effected by it, and I don't think that many people are eveb building up collections on vudu.

Comment

Originally posted by echopulse View Post
          I don't think There's Something About Mary Extended Edition ever had UV rights. The same with a few other movies that are D2D but not UV, such as Meet the Parents.

As far as the Fox disclaimer goes, I think they means they have the right to pull the title from the EST marketplace. I don't think they would, or even can remove a title from your collection once you redeem it. Any lawyers around here? For a class action lawsuit, you have to have tens or hundreds of thousands of people effected by it, and I don't think that many people are eveb building up collections on vudu.
          There's Something About Mary Extended did have UV rights. I always check my purchases after I make them. The only one that did not have a UV symbol was Taken (Extended). I actually posted about Mary in the Direct To Digital stickied thread a week or so back when I noticed it disappeared. It disappeared the same time they added UV rights to the theatrical edition of Mary.

I'm not too worried at this point. Those Marvel movies were eventually "grandfathered" in to our accounts. Who says these won't be fixed also? If in a few months they are still gone then I would start worrying. I know the Marvel movies took a couple months to get the UV symbol back. At this point it could be a glitch or it could be purposeful.

Comment

Originally posted by tbdave View Post
            This is really disturbing. I've spent over $1000 converting my BD/DVD collection to Ultraviolet. I was under the impression that once a UV movie is purchased, you will never lose the rights to that title. At the Ultraviolet site it says:

Will my UltraViolet rights expire?
            No, your rights to your UltraViolet Collection of movies and TV shows do not expire. Content providers may limit the time you have to redeem an UltraViolet code that comes with a Blu-ray Disc or DVD, but after you have redeemed your rights to the movie or TV show, your rights do not expire.
            And have you actually read what those "rights" grant you? I just did, and it's disturbing. Here they are:

http://www.uvvu.com/uv-offer-details.php

When I read that, the only thing that I see that is ABSOLUTELY guaranteed by your UV Rights is that you will be able to Stream the purchase from the original UV Retailer for at least one year free of charge.

Anything besides that is qualified with lots of "may"'s and possible fees. This is making me seriously reconsider the whole UV thing, because it looks like it guarantees you crap.

Comment

Originally posted by madmod20061 View Post
              There's Something About Mary Extended did have UV rights. I always check my purchases after I make them. The only one that did not have a UV symbol was Taken (Extended). I actually posted about Mary in the Direct To Digital stickied thread a week or so back when I noticed it disappeared. It disappeared the same time they added UV rights to the theatrical edition of Mary.

I'm not too worried at this point. Those Marvel movies were eventually "grandfathered" in to our accounts. Who says these won't be fixed also? If in a few months they are still gone then I would start worrying. I know the Marvel movies took a couple months to get the UV symbol back. At this point it could be a glitch or it could be purposeful.

Okay, so movie [insert title] is in Vudu and also in UVVU.com via a D2D conversion. One day, POOF! it goes away from UVVU.com.

If this is the case, I feel it warrents opening a case to find out what;
              1. Vudu
              2. UVVU
              3. Distro Studio

has to say about the matter. We can speculate all we want, but really it is something I feel should be brought up with them so a final answer can be known.

For me, I have not known of such an instance.

Actually, there have been a few times where the opposite has happened (I had a movie in Vudu and then one day POOF! it also shows up in UVVU.com as it joins the UV ecosystem).

I know if it were me, I would of opened cases with Vudu, UVVU, and the studio that same day to figure out what had happened.

Let us know. I am curious...

================================================== ==============

okay, so I just read through the thread. UVVU asks you to contact Vudu and Vudu support asks you to contact the studio.

In this case it is FOX. Actually, if I had to guess, I would of thought it to be a studio matter. Anyway, I am guessing Fox would be able to solve this mystery for you.
              Last edited by Walter-S_North_Carolina; 06-30-2013, 03:55 AM. Reason: read through thread

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
                In this case it is FOX. Actually, if I had to guess, I would of thought it to be a studio matter. Anyway, I am guessing Fox would be able to solve this mystery for you.
                The general public shouldn't have to deal with the studios. We buy movies from retailers, like Vudu, and they should be prepared to explain things like this. They have to know that when people spend money for something they are selling that those people are going to want answers when something happens to their investment.

Perhaps we should find a person within Walmart to deal with when we don't get answers or results from Vudu.

Comment

Originally posted by kokomo View Post
                  On 4-23-2012 I did a d2d of There's Something About Mary (Extended Edition) it remained in my UV locker for over a year until it was recently removed.

On 6-27-2013 I noticed under my Balance and History that on 6-17-2013 Vudu added There's Something About Mary (Theatrical Edition) to my account which I don't own.

However none are in my uv account,only There's Something About Mary (Extended Edition) is in my Vudu account.

I would ask Vudu support to explain your transaction history. If you did not make a transaction on June 17 `13, they should be able to explain why there is a transaction on that day.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow316 View Post
                    I don't mean to get on my soapbox here, but as with any new service, there are risks. We all knew the risks going in upon reading the FAQ and service agreement with UV. I agree that it's unacceptable to lose something in your purchased through any provider. However, even the D2D program says it is UV COMPATIBLE. I don't recall seeing anywhere that it says that D2D grants UV rights, it is merely a gateway to the UV program. I don't defend what has happened here, just simply a reminder of what we all already knew.

Hear, Hear!!!

If I invest $5000 into a movie library via EST purchases with Apple iTunes and they fall on hard times, I am SOL.

If people will flee UV due to this, my question is where will they go?

To think that what I see as a temporary ignigma on a single title causing people to decide to pull the plug, well...

"Don't Let The Door Hit You On Your Way Out"

...is all I have to say.

I'll be here watching my entertainment collection accessible via remote piped in on my family's flat screens in crystalline 1080p off a vendor agnostic platform.

Comment

Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
                      The general public shouldn't have to deal with the studios. We buy movies from retailers, like Vudu, and they should be prepared to explain things like this. They have to know that when people spend money for something they are selling that those people are going to want answers when something happens to their investment.

Perhaps we should find a person within Walmart to deal with when we don't get answers or results from Vudu.

Nah, if I have a Digital Copy Code that don't work, I need to contact the studio. This seems like it is in the same boat.

My guess is if there was a transaction on June 17, `13 it was due to something Fox did. Vudu should be able to answer that, but it was Fox which caused it.

Comment

To think that what I see as a temporary ignigma on a single title causing people to decide to pull the plug, well "Don't Let The Door Hit You On Your Way Out" is all I have to say.

I'll be here watching my entertainment collection accessible via remote piped in on my family's flat screens in crystalline 1080p off a vendor agnostic platform.
                        But, what will you do if you lose an entire studio's films because they go bankrupt or decide to leave DECE? I'd be supremely po'd. Upon checking my UVVU account, I am missing several titles, though I have no proof they were ever UV because I was not checking regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by echopulse View Post
                          Meet the Parents (https://www.dropbox.com/s/ta0y5gf645...%20.jpg)(Shows Ultraviolet symbol) and There's Something About Mary Extended Edition(In account for over one year) were both in my UltraViolet account before being removed.

Other people have reported these movies were removed from their Ultraviolet accounts.

I now save my UltraViolet account web page as HTML to my hard drive for visual proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedaddict81 View Post
                            But, what will you do if you lose an entire studio's films because they go bankrupt or decide to leave DECE? I'd be supremely po'd. Upon checking my UVVU account, I am missing several titles, though I have no proof they were ever UV because I was not checking regularly.

This is exactly my point. No one is mentioning the too many times to count they were checking their UV profile and POOF! new movies from their Vudu account showed up.

For early adopter of Vudu, this must of happened with an amazing frequency. I know with me it has happened a few times.

Instead, a mountain is is being made out of an enigma which can be cleared up by asking Vudu to clarify the June 17th transaction and asking Fox about what happened to the UV status of the title.

All of a sudden, whole studios are shutting down, going out of business, the collapse of UV and all of us are left with nothing to click on to watch movies and are fishing out our 10 year old DVDs.

If this is what folks are making their decisions on to flee, then by all means. Also, if your check engine light turns on, you will need get out of your car, leave it by the side of the road, because the whole company which made your car is about to go out of business and the car may explode. In fact the whole auto industry may go under and we will have to get use to walking and riding bikes again. Maybe find out where all the horses went.

Comment

Originally posted by kokomo View Post
                              Meet the Parents (https://www.dropbox.com/s/ta0y5gf645...%20.jpg)(Shows Ultraviolet symbol) and There's Something About Mary Extended Edition(In account for over one year) were both in my UltraViolet account before being removed.

Other people have reported these movies were removed from their Ultraviolet accounts.

I now save my UltraViolet account web page as HTML to my hard drive for visual proof.

Huh, that really stinks.

What did Vudu have to say bout the June `17 transaction in the history?

What did Fox have to say bout this?

I am curious. Let us know. Thx for keeping on this mystery to see what was up. It will be good to know what the final answer is.

Comment

I would ask Vudu support to explain your transaction history. If you did not make a transaction on June 17 `13, they should be able to explain why there is a transaction on that day.
                                I did not make a transaction (https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvzwclvk5r...out%20Mary.jpg) on that day I already owned There's Something About Mary (Extended Edition) for over one year but that was the day it disappeared from my UltraViolet account.

I will not ask Vudu to explain because of my past experiences with Vudu customer service.

Comment

Working...
                                X