Announcement

Collapse

Vudu Forum Guidelines

Vudu Forum Guidelines

The Vudu Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Vudu experience. Here, Vudu customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Vudu and Vudu -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Vudu customers with questions and/or problems with their Vudu service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Vudu Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Vudu Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Vudu reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Vudu products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Vudu retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Vudu Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Vudu products and services should be directed to Vudu customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Vudu, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Vudu a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Vudu desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Vudu will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Vudu is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Vudu the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Vudu for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Vudu takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

I have a problem:

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I have a problem:

    My local WalMart toted this $7.88 bluray disc bin onto their sales floor.

    LINK:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7kG...it?usp=sharing

    80% of the titles had UV/Vudu redemption stickers.

    For a UV addict like me, this was like a big basket of crack cocaine and I just could not resist.

    LINK:
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7kG...it?usp=sharing

    It was truly amazing. For eight dollars, I could get a bluray disc, new-in-box, title. And for free, I got UV redemptions.

    I was concerned they would be SD versions. Reading the T&C sticker indicated they would be SD and I thought I was going to have to bring them in and cough up another $2.00 per title to get them into my library as HDX.

    However, after I entered the codes, they showed up as HDX.

    This is an amazing deal. For half the price of the HDX EST version, I get the bluray disc and the HDX version in my library.

    No D2D needed.

    I picked up three;
    1. Queen of the Damned (2002)
    2. Red Riding Hood (2011)
    3. Sucker Punch (2011)

    There was a very large selection. IRobot (2004), Robin Hood (2010) just to name a few.

    #2
    Re: I have a problem:

    So what was your "problem"? You couldn't find any decent movies to buy?

    Comment


      #3
      Re: I have a problem:

      Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
      So what was your "problem"? You couldn't find any decent movies to buy?
      ...nope. Too many to choose from.

      I am thinking of selling myself at the local truck stop to get some more UV cash to empty that damn bin.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: I have a problem:

        Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
        ...nope. Too many to choose from.

        I am thinking of selling myself at the local truck stop to get some more UV cash to empty that damn bin.
        Just don't sell yourself too cheap, don't use Walmart pricing

        Comment


          #5
          Re: I have a problem:

          I can sympathize with you Walter. I drove to Los Angeles from the OC on Saturday in the unbearable heat just to check out the blu bins there. Lately I've been buying anything even if it sucks. I have movies in my collection now that I may never watch. I mean, come on dude, why did you get Magic Mike???? What's wrong with me?

          Comment


            #6
            Re: I have a problem:

            Originally posted by MoWeb View Post
            I can sympathize with you Walter. I drove to Los Angeles from the OC on Saturday in the unbearable heat just to check out the blu bins there. Lately I've been buying anything even if it sucks. I have movies in my collection now that I may never watch. I mean, come on dude, why did you get Magic Mike???? What's wrong with me?

            known as a pooch screw.

            Something that seemed like a good idea at the time, but later you ask yourself, "What the hell was I thinking".

            If it is any consolation, my wife enjoyed watching "Magic Mike". Maybe a future girlfriend will be appreciative of your grabbing any unfamiliar bar-code, regardless of content because you will have amassed a respectable chick flick collection to complement the zombies and aliens.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: I have a problem:

              Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
              known as a pooch screw.

              Something that seemed like a good idea at the time, but later you ask yourself, "What the hell was I thinking".

              If it is any consolation, my wife enjoyed watching "Magic Mike". Maybe a future girlfriend will be appreciative of your grabbing any unfamiliar bar-code, regardless of content because you will have amassed a respectable chick flick collection to complement the zombies and aliens.
              It's called being a virtual packrat.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: I have a problem:

                Magic Mike is a "chick flick". That's sick. And I have a decent collection of chick flicks waiting for my new wife.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: I have a problem:

                  Originally posted by echopulse View Post
                  Magic Mike is a "chick flick". That's sick. And I have a decent collection of chick flicks waiting for my new wife.
                  My problem is I think my wife wouldn't even like Magic Mike. She's into 24 right now and quite frankly I'm happy we're finally on the last season so we can start watching my Vudu collection again. Don't get me wrong I like 24 but I want to watch something else. First it was Lost, then Heroes, and now 24. Curse you Amazon Prime!!!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: I have a problem:

                    Originally posted by MoWeb View Post
                    My problem is I think my wife wouldn't even like Magic Mike. She's into 24 right now and quite frankly I'm happy we're finally on the last season so we can start watching my Vudu collection again. Don't get me wrong I like 24 but I want to watch something else. First it was Lost, then Heroes, and now 24. Curse you Amazon Prime!!!
                    I am watching 24 right now also. I am in the middle of season three and watching the entire season again to get ready for the new season coming to Fox!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: I have a problem:

                      I have yet to find a $7.88 bin at my 2 closest Walmart. They may only be available on certain Walmarts?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: I have a problem:

                        Originally posted by lujan View Post
                        I have yet to find a $7.88 bin at my 2 closest Walmart. They may only be available on certain Walmarts?
                        Sadly the elusive blu bin is not at every Walmart. Some Walmart stores have never heard of the mythical blu bin but it does exist.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: I have a problem:

                          ...it is a pot of gold when found that will bring tears to your eyes.

                          I have three WalMarts near me. Only one has it.

                          it is just so beautiful. When I get near it, my hair stands on ends and I start to form tears of joy.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: I have a problem:

                            Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
                            ...it is a pot of gold when found that will bring tears to your eyes.

                            I have three WalMarts near me. Only one has it.

                            it is just so beautiful. When I get near it, my hair stands on ends and I start to form tears of joy.
                            There's a similar BB bin at $7.99 but of course there won't be any movies with Vudu codes on them.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: I have a problem:

                              Originally posted by lujan View Post
                              There's a similar BB bin at $7.99 but of course there won't be any movies with Vudu codes on them.
                              Which is exactly why I pass by this and don't stop on the way to the computers at my BB.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X