Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Changes to the Vudu interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes to the Vudu interface

I started using Vudu a month ago and love it (200+ movies already). Since Disc to Digital is in the Beta stage I am hoping that an admin is looking for feedback to make the product better. That being said there are a few things to make the interface better;

Computer:
    FOLDERS - Let us setup folders to organize our movies in or at least stack movies together (i.e. LOTR movies, MI-1,2,3, etc.) the sort option is nice but there is still a lot of movies in a genre and some series don't sort alphabetically well. For example Batman Begins, Dark Knight, Dark Knight rises - one movie is not close. Perhaps it is OCD but I like to see the series together.

VERSIONS - Let us select the version for playback. I put in all three LOTR Blurays and FOTR showed up as the extended version(which my disc wasn't) but the rest were normal. It would be nice to have the movie and select the normal, directors cut or extended version when selecting to play it. I can't imagine that they would expect people to purchase all three versions, but you never know. Wal-mart wants VUDU to catch on and the easier it is to use and nicer options will keep it around.

SETTINGS - Save our settings. I have to change my sorting to A-Z every time I login. Sometimes its the little things.....

PENDING - Disc to Digital. Let us track our movies that are not in the system yet. Let us have a secondary pending folder with our movies that are not accepted yet so we can transfer them over once (and if) they are ever allowed. This will keep us from having to add the movie twice, or repeatedly to see if it is good yet. I am an optimist and foresee all movies (minus Disney) on board eventually.

Phone app:
    SORTING - Let us change the sorting. I like my movies A-Z and it is only by date added, a difficult way to find movies. Flixster is more user friendly to use.

Re: Changes to the Vudu interface

I like your ideas, many have been suggested before. But I would like to suggest a tweak to your folder idea. How about letting us add custom tags to our movies. We could then tag movies by genre, actor, director, series name, group, fiction, non-fiction, ect. Then there could be a seperate page under my collection where only the tag groups would show up. The icon for each tag could be similar to how IOS shows apps in folders. Or we could pick one movie cover for the group.

Comment

These are all great ideas. I hope the Vudu people are listening.

Comment

Originally posted by echopulse View Post
        I like your ideas, many have been suggested before. But I would like to suggest a tweak to your folder idea. How about letting us add custom tags to our movies. We could then tag movies by genre, actor, director, series name, group, fiction, non-fiction, ect. Then there could be a seperate page under my collection where only the tag groups would show up. The icon for each tag could be similar to how IOS shows apps in folders. Or we could pick one movie cover for the group.
        The problem that I see with tags is that it wouldn't allow us to both group movies together and sequence them in the sequence we want to see them. Creating our own bundles is probably the best solution since Vudu already supports bundles.

Comment

Originally posted by LuzRinggold View Post
          The problem that I see with tags is that it wouldn't allow us to both group movies together and sequence them in the sequence we want to see them. Creating our own bundles is probably the best solution since Vudu already supports bundles.
          On the contrary, that is exactly what tags could do. The movies with the same tags could appear in the collection similar to a bundle. But unlike putting movies into folders, you could have the same movie with multiple tags. And you could also nest tags within other tags. For example, you could have a sci-fi bundle, and inside of that you cold have a MIB bundle, a Star Trek Bundle, an Alien bundle, etc. Then you could have a Will Smith Bundle that also includes a MIB bundle, and his other movies. You could also have a "watched," "not watched," or a "to watch with significant other" tag. The possibilities with tags are endless.

Comment

Originally posted by echopulse View Post
            On the contrary, that is exactly what tags could do. The movies with the same tags could appear in the collection similar to a bundle. But unlike putting movies into folders, you could have the same movie with multiple tags. And you could also nest tags within other tags. For example, you could have a sci-fi bundle, and inside of that you cold have a MIB bundle, a Star Trek Bundle, an Alien bundle, etc. Then you could have a Will Smith Bundle that also includes a MIB bundle, and his other movies. You could also have a "watched," "not watched," or a "to watch with significant other" tag. The possibilities with tags are endless.
            The same movie could appear in multiple folders or bundles. But I still don't see how I could control the sequencing of movies with simple tags. For example, if I want to group all bond films together in a "collection" I would want them to be in the sequence they were released with "Dr. No" first and not "A View To A Kill".

Comment

+1 on "to watch with significant other" tag
              Way too many movies I want to watch with my girlfriend (I own waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many movies, and I don't even want to post how many because of how much of a sinkhole VUDU is to me lol...) and by the time we are together and want to watch a movie... I am spending way too much damn time looking for a movie as I cannot find the movie in the J's really fast in my collection. Half the time, I get to the G's and forget what movie I am looking for, making date night a bust =(

-1 on "Bundles"
              What if you own 7/8 of the Harry Potters... Then that 1/8 that you do not own will be inside this "Bundle", tempting you to buy it for $9.99 SD / $14.99 HDX (prices are estimates). I understand the notion for why they are needed, but it will make it look like you own so much more movies, when in reality... you don't... Also, it would make me spend even more money. Finally took Dreamworks 1 year and 3 months to add Shrek 2 to the Ultraviolet / Vudu D2D list. I don't want to be staring at an X-Men Bundle, wishing to God that X-Men 2 will be D2D enabled only because it is inside the "Bundle".

+1 on "Watched" / "Unwatched"

+1 on "User Created Folders"
              The movies are basically 10 for $10 right now. I know for a fact that I have already spent $500 on just this promotion alone (not including the couple thousand Walmart stamped movies...). Needless to say, I have some REALLY BAD MOVIES on Vudu right now that I know for a fact that "I" will never watch.

"Well why did you add them?": Because I found the movie for a dollar or less at a yard sale / the movies were already in my massive collection and I want to go digital. I would rather scroll through a list to watch a terrible movie than go through my hundreds of boxes of movies that are chilling in my shed.

Long story short, I want to create a folder that has "So-and-so's B Rated movies", "Never watch me again!", or "Christmas Movies" [all other holidays as well],

Or, thinking of the holiday movies... When a Holiday closes in... make there be a section where you can click so you can view PURCHASED movies in that sort. A Christmas Story is ~450 in my list and Jack Frost is near ~1300. Seems a little unfair that if I want to watch a Christmas movie, I have to search through all of my other movies just to watch one.

The only easy way right now to watch a Christmas movie (during Christmas season)... is to search through the movies that Vudu is having a holiday sale on, and hope to God you already own it. I understand why they would not want to implement this, but it's a pain in the *** after spending thousands of dollars, only to get suckered into buying more because the only good way to see what holiday movies you own... is by clicking to see which ones are for sale. I know if I had children, waaaaay too many accidental rentals/purchases would occur from that "ONE" movie I don't own

Comment

I'd love to see them add a "Recently Watched" or "History" option. A lot of times I'll have to stop a movie halfway through. Then when I come back the next day to finish it, I've got to scroll through my entire library to find the movie again.

Comment

Originally posted by craiggers88 View Post
                  -1 on "Bundles"
                  What if you own 7/8 of the Harry Potters... Then that 1/8 that you do not own will be inside this "Bundle", tempting you to buy it for $9.99 SD / $14.99 HDX (prices are estimates). I understand the notion for why they are needed, but it will make it look like you own so much more movies, when in reality... you don't... Also, it would make me spend even more money. Finally took Dreamworks 1 year and 3 months to add Shrek 2 to the Ultraviolet / Vudu D2D list. I don't want to be staring at an X-Men Bundle, wishing to God that X-Men 2 will be D2D enabled only because it is inside the "Bundle".
                  I don't think you understand the functionality being suggested. This wouldn't be bundles created by Vudu, it would be bundles created by you and would basically be exactly like a user created folder. If you don't want to include a movie you do not own then you wouldn't add it to your "bundle". Later, if you acquire X-Men 2 through disc-to-digital you could add it to any of the bundles you have previously created. For example, you may have an "X-Men" bundle and a "Marvel" bundle and you might want to add it to both. The point is that it's your collection and you know best how you want it organized.

+1 on "User Created Folders"
                  Long story short, I want to create a folder that has "So-and-so's B Rated movies", "Never watch me again!", or "Christmas Movies" [all other holidays as well],
                  We have been asking for a way to create our own bundles, or collections, and functionality that would allow us to group movies together however we want. For example, we want to create a "James Bond" bundle/collection and place all bond movies in that bundle and sequence them in any order within that bundle. If you want to create a bundle called "Christmas Movies" and "B Rated Movies" then you would be able to do that. If you have movies that you never want to watch again then you should have a way to remove them from your library all together.

We would like to see a new tab added to "My Vudu" for "My Collections".

_My Movies_________My TV_________My Collections_________My Wishlist_

Under this new "My Collections" tab we should be able to see all the bundles we've created and we should be able to create new bundles or remove them. We should also be able to sort the bundles under the 'My Collections' tab. These bundles could contain movies or television shows, and not necessarily titles that we own. Oh, and allow us to select only the movie and not any of the featurettes if we don't want those to show in our collection. Then when we are looking for a movie we could go to the new 'My Collections' tab, find the bundle we're looking for and click on it, then find the movie within the bundle and click on it to play (or to buy/rent if we don't own it and have included it in our bundle).

I know there are other ways to allow us to organize our video library, but to me this seems to be the most comprehensive. Unlike creating tags, this allows us to sequence the movies withing the bundle and it would allow us to include movies that we do not yet own (if we want to include it for future rental or purchase).

Comment

Originally posted by tbdave View Post
                    I'd love to see them add a "Recently Watched" or "History" option. A lot of times I'll have to stop a movie halfway through. Then when I come back the next day to finish it, I've got to scroll through my entire library to find the movie again.
                    Yes! This would be a great feature and is very much needed.

Comment

+100 one on folders..I don't care so much about recently watched or history options. But it would be nice to put all my harry pooters movies in one folder. Fast furious movies in a folder etc etc. Also i think the one of the best options that would benefit vudu and the customers a lot would be, when looking for movies to buy a price sorting like cheapest to highest for movie or tv show . like the other day i found Da Ali g show..only $10.00 for each season its hard to find anywhere i thought what a deal. I'm not into paying more for a movie then it costs at bestbuy or walmart. I believe this simple feature would boost their sales tons.

Comment

Working...
                      X