Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

UV TV Shows: The next two months may tell the tale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UV TV Shows: The next two months may tell the tale

There have been a lot of questions about TV Shows being available on UV and D2D. While we have no idea if or when TV Shows will be D2D, we can start to see a trend in how many shows become available for UV. Since the newness has worn off, and UV is becoming more of an industry standard (see Walter's chart), these next two months may tell the tale for TV UV. This is when the past season's TV shows typically come out on Blu-Ray & DVD. Last year at this time, we saw a few releases with UV, but not enough to feel encouraged. This year, quite a different story. Here's a list of shows that I could find that will come with a UV copy (most UV codes only come with Blu-Ray release):

Arrow Season 1
    Revolution Season 1
    Big Bang Theory Season 6
    Defiance Season 1
    Hannibal Season 1
    Bates Motel Season 1
    Vampire Diaries Season 4
    Person of Interest Season 2
    Boardwalk Empire Season 3 (not sure if it's UV or just digital copy)
    Grimm Season 2
    The Office Season 9
    Nikita Season 3
    Shameless Season 3
    Supernatural Season 8
    The Following Season 1

These are the only ones I was able to find, feel free to add any that you find and I'll try to update the list. While this isn't a vast list, to me, it's a sign of progress. Even more interesting is that a couple of these are distributed by Lionsgate, so they seem to be more "all-in" on UV than I thought. If Paramount would jump on board with shows like South Park, that would be very encouraging. Seems like the most likely releases to be UV are Lionsgate and NBC/Universal. Feel free to chime in with comments and/or additions. Who knows, if enough interest is shows, maybe it'll make a difference.
    Last edited by shadow316; 08-08-2013, 09:51 PM. Reason: Adding to the list

Re: UV TV Shows: The next two months may tell the tale

A few more to add to your list:

Nikita Season 3
    Shameless Season 3
    Supernatural Season 8
    The Following Season 1

And yes, Boardwalk Empire will be UV (according to blu-ray.com).

Comment

2 Broke Girls Season 1

Comment

My wish is that vudu would sign a licensing deal with HBO and the other studio's so that you could actually watch the shows that are UV on vudu! Once they do that, I might start buying some of the shows on vudu.

Comment

Boardwalk Empire (along with all other HBO/Cinemax Blu-ray releases) are UV, but seemingly only on Flixster. They come with the option for a Vudu-only copy as well.

Was Hannibal confirmed to have a UV code?

If so, that puts HBO, Warner, Uni, Lionsgate and recently Sony (with Breaking Bad S5 and House of Cards S1) on board with UV TV shows. I am anticipating (this is purely speculative) that Justified S4 will be UV, since that is Sony too and it kind of fits in with same demo for Breaking Bad and House of Cards.

Comment

Updated the first post with the new titles, thanks for those who contributed so far. I did not add "2 Broke Girls Season 1" because I am only doing a list of titles that are coming soon, not titles that have already been released. What I'm trying to do here is show a trend in the increased TV UV releases compared to last year.

As for Hannibal, here's what I saw on Amazon (which has the box art):

Comment

Out of Curiosity, does anyone know if the following are going to include digital copies/ UV/ VUDU codes

Sons of Anarchy Season 5
              The Walking Dead Season 3
              Spartacus:War of the damned
              DaVinci's demons
              Homeland: Season 2

I'm thinking that the obvious answer is no, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudymedina1 View Post
                Out of Curiosity, does anyone know if the following are going to include digital copies/ UV/ VUDU codes

Sons of Anarchy Season 5
                DaVinci's demons

I know Wal-Mart is doing an in-store pre-order for SOA: Season 5, which I believe comes with a VUDU copy. Can't confirm or deny UV right now for that. Spartacus should have a VUDU code also, if I remember correctly. As for the others, at this time, no UV. I will try to keep this thread updated so if that changes I will post it. Thanks for all the help from everyone else so far too. Keep it coming!

Comment

I assume TV shows are one code and one UV locker entry or do each episode appear separate and add to the UV locker clutter? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by swiss21 View Post
                    I assume TV shows are one code and one UV locker entry or do each episode appear separate and add to the UV locker clutter? Thanks.
                    It's interesting that you bring that up, but I think I have True Blood Season 5 where you click on the season and then get directed to a page where you see each episode.

I don't think this happens with any of the other tv shows I own on Vudu/ Have UV rights to.

Comment

It's interesting that you bring that up, but I think I have True Blood Season 5 where you click on the season and then get directed to a page where you see each episode.

I don't think this happens with any of the other tv shows I own on Vudu/ Have UV rights to.
                      Yes it is one code per season, and on VUDU they are grouped like you say for each season you redeem. In your actual UV locker, however, it can be listed either way. Most of the time it's grouped and you click on the season to access individual episodes. However, with Fringe Season 5 for some reason it lists each individual episode in my UV locker instead of grouping them. On VUDU, as long as you own more than one episode in a season, they will be grouped.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow316 View Post
                        Yes it is one code per season, and on VUDU they are grouped like you say for each season you redeem. In your actual UV locker, however, it can be listed either way. Most of the time it's grouped and you click on the season to access individual episodes. However, with Fringe Season 5 for some reason it lists each individual episode in my UV locker instead of grouping them. On VUDU, as long as you own more than one episode in a season, they will be grouped.
                        That is interesting. I had purchased Fringe Season 5 from VUDU and it shows up as just one entry in my UV locker.

Comment

Well, I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed with VUDU and the recent UV TV Show releases.

So far, these shows (possibly more) are not listed as UV on VUDU, even though the physical discs have been released.

Person of Interest Season 2
                          Revolution Season 1
                          The Vampire Diaries Season 4

I sure hope this isn't going to be a continuing trend. It'll be really sad if the same thing happens next Tuesday with the physical disc releases for The Big Bang Theory Season 6 and Supernatural Season 8.

Comment

I should add that I have no doubt those titles will eventually get the UV logo on VUDU. My disappointment has more to do with the fact that it's delayed for whatever reason. Interestingly, those all appear to be Warner Bros titles. The Office Season 9, which is Universal Studios, was also released this week and it has the UV logo on VUDU.

Comment

Sons of Anarchy Season 5
                              DaVinci's demons

I can tell you for a fact that Sons of Anarchy Season 5 and The Walking Dead Season 3 DO NOT have any sort of UV or digital copies included with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X