Announcement

Collapse

Fandango at Home Forum Guidelines

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

The Fandango at Home Forums are designed to help viewers get the most out of their Fandango at Home experience. Here, Fandango at Home customers may post information, questions, ideas, etc. on the subject of Fandango at Home and Fandango at Home -related issues (home theater, entertainment, etc). Although the primary purpose of these forums is to help Fandango at Home customers with questions and/or problems with their Fandango at Home service, there are also off-topic areas available within the Fandango at Home Forums for users to chat with like-minded people, subject to the limitations below.

Please post all comments in English. When posting a comment in the Fandango at Home Forums, please conduct yourself in a respectful and civil manner. While we respect that you may feel strongly about an issue, please leave room for discussion.

Fandango at Home reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party reserves the right to refrain from posting and/or to remove user comments, including comments that contain any of the following:

1. Obscenities, defamatory language, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
2. Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
3. "Spam" content, references to other products, advertisements, or other offers
4. Spiteful or inflammatory comments about other users or their comments
5. Comments that may potentially violate the DMCA or any other applicable laws
6. Comments that discuss ways to manipulate Fandango at Home products/services, including, but not limited to, reverse engineering, video extraction, and file conversion.

Additionally, please keep in mind that although Fandango at Home retains the right to monitor, edit, and/or remove posts within Fandango at Home Forums, it does not necessarily review every comment. Accordingly, specific questions about Fandango at Home products and services should be directed to Fandango at Home customer service representatives.

Terms of Use - User Comments, Feedback, Reviews, Submissions

For all reviews, comments, feedback, postcards, suggestions, ideas, and other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered to Fandango at Home, on or through this Site, by e-mail or telephone, or otherwise disclosed, submitted or offered in connection you use of this Site (collectively, the "Comments") you grant Fandango at Home a royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable right and license to use the Comments however Fandango at Home desires, including, without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and /or distribute such Comments and/or incorporate such Comments into any form, medium or technology throughout the world.
Fandango at Home will be entitled to use, reproduce, disclose, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, publish, display and distribute any Comments you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. Fandango at Home is and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to pay to users any compensation for any Comments; or (3) to respond to any user Comments. You agree that any Comments submitted by you to the Site will not violate the terms in this Terms of Use or any right of any third party, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, privacy or other personal or proprietary right(s), and will not cause injury to any person or entity. You further agree that no Comments submitted by you to this Site will be or contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, threatening, abusive or obscene material, or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of "spam."

You grant Fandango at Home the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any Comments. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, otherwise mislead as to the origin of any Comments you submit. You are, and shall remain, solely responsible for the content of any Comments you make and you agree to indemnify Fandango at Home for all claims resulting from any Comments you submit. Fandango at Home takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Comments submitted by you or any third-party.
See more
See less

Disney and Vudu - Tell Disney Thank You!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney and Vudu - Tell Disney Thank You!

I for one am thrilled that Disney has opened up their digital copies on some of their recent released movies to be used on Vudu and Amazon. While I don't think Disney should have removed the iTunes option, I think we should let Disney know that having Vudu as an option is great.

I have already send Disney a "Thank You" email for allowing their digital copies to be available on Vudu/Amazon. I let them know how this helps my family as we can finally use the digital copy's. I think, for those of us who are happy about having Vudu as an option, it would be good to send them an email, post it on facebook and/or tweet them about this huge step forward.

Thank you! Hopefully they will hear a lot of good from this change!

Re: Disney and Vudu - Tell Disney Thank You!

where have you read of customers being un-happy with the absence of iTunes in DigitalCopy+ redemptions?

I can find nothing in google searches about that.

Comment

What is the e-mail address that you want us to send it to? I'm going to contact them to ask why their
      titles aren't UltraViolet yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter-S_North_Carolina View Post
        where have you read of customers being un-happy with the absence of iTunes in DigitalCopy+ redemptions?

Sent you a PM

Comment

Originally posted by echopulse View Post
          What is the e-mail address that you want us to send it to? I'm going to contact them to ask why their
          titles aren't UltraViolet yet.

disneyinfo@disneyhelp.com

Comment

I have a friend on blu-ray.com that is an iTunes user and he is not happy the movies (he just purchased) are missing iTunes DC (giving only Vudu/Amazon). He emailed them to complain. I hope he can get them to give him something but I seriously doubt that will happen.

Comment

I just received this generic reply. At least I know the emal address goes somewhere...

Thank you for your email. We appreciate your comments and will forward your email to the correct department for consideration.

If you have any other questions or suggestions, feel free to reply to this email or you may also contact us at 1-800-723-4763 (US)/1-888-877-2843 (Canada) Monday 9:30-7:30 and Tuesday through Friday 9:30-6:30 CST.

Thank You,

Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment Technical Support

Comment

I also agree that they need to add iTunes to option back. I wish they would add older digital copies for use on Digital Copy Plus since I just joined the Disney Movie Club and have quite a few movies with iTunes only digital copies. They need to join UV so we can share our Disney movies with our UV group instead of having to have the a person remove their player from their Vudu account and add their player to the person with the Vudu only movie they want to watch. I use iTunes only for movies that the digital copy code will not redeem on Vudu/UV. I have an Apple TV 2nd Generation so I can stream my iTunes movies to my TV most of the movies are in SD only but some are HD.

Comment

If you disagree you dont know much about technology. Apple requires you to have use their stuff, charge companies up the butt with fees. No hdmi port..have to apple thunderbolt. have to use different chargers for phones and whatnot. No apple streaming allowed on anything but itunes. either iphone, imac or appletv. Apple sues samsung over a patent infringe for having rounded corners around their phones.

Disney has been hurting a bit last few years, has now been smart about business. Stopped their streaming service, now have joined forces with vudu and amazon. Shoot even signed a deal with netflix, dropping itunes and apple unbelievable fees. All smart ideas.
                  Last edited by DanielH; 08-14-2013, 04:47 PM. Reason: Disrespectful

Comment

Originally posted by TheNewGuy View Post

If you disagree you dont know much about technology. Apple requires you to have use their stuff, charge companies up the butt with fees. No hdmi port..have to apple thunderbolt. have to use different chargers for phones and whatnot. No apple streaming allowed on anything but itunes. either iphone, imac or appletv. Apple sues samsung over a patent infringe for having rounded corners around their phones.

Disney has been hurting a bit last few years, has now been smart about business. Stopped their streaming service, now have joined forces with vudu and amazon. Shoot even signed a deal with netflix, dropping itunes and apple unbelievable fees. All smart ideas.
                    I agree completely...
                    Last edited by DanielH; 08-14-2013, 04:48 PM.

Comment

I would agree that the Walt Disney Studios leaving iTunes out of DC+ for recent titles was a business decision.

We are left to speculate as to their reasoning.

Perhaps it is because iOS devices are receding in market penetration. Last year at this time the global cell phone market was about 17% iOS. This year it has dropped to 13%.

Android owns 80% of the cell phone market footprint, leaving iOS to be a nitch segment.

Further, the nitch iOS segment can still watch movies on their iOS devices with the Vudu 2-Go app or the Amazon Instant Video iOS app.

Why should a studio pay apple a fee to have their digital copy available via iTunes under these market conditions?

It simply does not make business sense to do so.

Comment

...So, I have been participating in the blu-ray.com thread where the folks who bought the blu-ray combo pack went to redeem their digital copy and found iTunes absent.

They are upset.

I am encouraged to see Disney Studios release a few titles with digital copies excluding iTunes, because them feeling at liberty to do so may be indication of their leaning toward DECE membership. However, doing so without prior warning was unfair.

Disney Studios has always had an iTunes option. It was reasonable to expect there to be on on the "Robin Hood" 40th re-release and the "Sword in the Stone" diamond. Them being purchased in good faith that iTunes would be an option and not finding out otherwise until the DC+ code is attempting to be used was unfair.

It is really a case of bait and switch.

IMHO, the iTunes loyalest have good reason to be upset.

Just think if we went to redeem a future title and went to go enter our DC+ code to find Vudu absent w/o prior warning.

I would be just as mad as they are and I can not find reason to fault them.

I do think there are two reasons why Disney Studios made this decision.

First, and most likely the main reason; They were able to by-pass the iTunes cost with a digital copy distribution that Apple, Corp is famous for charging studios.

Secondly, it may well be a "shot across the bow" for Disney loyal customers to let them know that iTunes may not be a long term solution and a transition is necessary. Disney Studios not belonging to DECE is in no small amount causing pressure on them to join ranks with all the other major Hollywood studios.

which is the real reason they made this decision is left to speculation.

However, just leaving it to be discovered at the time of trying to redeem a DC+ code was a wrong way to do it. That much is clear.

Comment

...So, I have been participating in the blu-ray.com thread where the folks who bought the blu-ray combo pack went to redeem their digital copy and found iTunes absent.

They are upset.

I am encouraged to see Disney Studios release a few titles with digital copies excluding iTunes, because them feeling at liberty to do so may be indication of their leaning toward DECE membership. However, doing so without prior warning was unfair.

Disney Studios has always had an iTunes option. It was reasonable to expect there to be on on the "Robin Hood" 40th re-release and the "Sword in the Stone" diamond. Them being purchased in good faith that iTunes would be an option and not finding out otherwise until the DC+ code is attempting to be used was unfair.

It is really a case of bait and switch.

However, just leaving it to be discovered at the time of trying to redeem a DC+ code was a wrong way to do it. That much is clear.
                          Actually, I would argue that much of the above text is incorrect. In fact, what is clear is that on every single release that included digital copy right up through Oz, the packaging said "works with iTunes" and displayed the iTunes logo. The Windows Media logo was also on display until just prior to Oz.

In the releases since then, those logos are clearly not present. For anyone at all who is a collector of digital copies, they have all noticed a very strong shift in the digital copy provider going from iTunes to Ultraviolet over the last year or two, with many movies still offering both.

However, what is crystal clear is that in no way did the packaging on any of the post-Oz movies indicate that their digital copy was going to be iTunes compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckstyle View Post
                            Actually, I would argue that much of the above text is incorrect. In fact, what is clear is that on every single release that included digital copy right up through Oz, the packaging said "works with iTunes" and displayed the iTunes logo. The Windows Media logo was also on display until just prior to Oz.

In the releases since then, those logos are clearly not present. For anyone at all who is a collector of digital copies, they have all noticed a very strong shift in the digital copy provider going from iTunes to Ultraviolet over the last year or two, with many movies still offering both.

However, what is crystal clear is that in no way did the packaging on any of the post-Oz movies indicate that their digital copy was going to be iTunes compatible.
                            This is true. However, every indication was DigitalCopy+ would have three providers to choose from. If it is a guess for each title what provider will be available, there is a lot of customers who do not know what to expect.

It would be like buying a car, but not knowing what color it is going to be coming in.

Comment

I just picked up the Muppet Movie. Redeemed DigitalCopyPlus...only Vudu and Amazon. No iTunes...looks like Apple is being left out in the cold. Now if Disney would make their back catalog available for conversion via d2d I'll be in hog heaven, and a bit more poorer.

Comment

Working...
                              X